Leinster Club Championships

Started by LooseCannon, September 30, 2019, 12:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2019, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 02, 2019, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2019, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 01, 2019, 02:26:04 PM
Leixlip were relegated to Senior last year. Confey are indeed senior.

It does however have large immigrant population from Dublin who don't integrate with the locals, keeping themselves largely to their middle calls ghettos.

A Dub buying a starter home in Leixlip is the very same as, say, Lucan.

There would be a very small percentage who are mad into GAA and would straight away head up to the GAA club, go the adult team matches, etc.
So 95% wouldn't cross the door of the GAA club until the kids come along. Then most would bring their kids (at least a few times!) to the local soccer or GAA club or both.

You have lost your sense of humour Hound.
Maybe so. I'd just read the anti-rugby thread before this!

Ha! The inverted snobs, you better not tell them where MDMA, Jack Mc, Eoin Murchin etc went to school. Their heads might explode as they digest that knowledge.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 02, 2019, 03:56:01 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2019, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 02, 2019, 03:19:13 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 02, 2019, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 01, 2019, 02:26:04 PM
Leixlip were relegated to Senior last year. Confey are indeed senior.

It does however have large immigrant population from Dublin who don't integrate with the locals, keeping themselves largely to their middle calls ghettos.

A Dub buying a starter home in Leixlip is the very same as, say, Lucan.

There would be a very small percentage who are mad into GAA and would straight away head up to the GAA club, go the adult team matches, etc.
So 95% wouldn't cross the door of the GAA club until the kids come along. Then most would bring their kids (at least a few times!) to the local soccer or GAA club or both.

You have lost your sense of humour Hound.
Maybe so. I'd just read the anti-rugby thread before this!

Ha! The inverted snobs, you better not tell them where MDMA, Jack Mc, Eoin Murchin etc went to school. Their heads might explode as they digest that knowledge.....

:-X

Hound

Quote from: LooseCannon on September 30, 2019, 12:12:04 PM
Senior:
1. Offaly v Wicklow
2. Q-F 1. v Laois
3. Carlow v Wexford
4. Q-F 3. v Kildare
5. Westmeath v Longford
6. Q-F 5. v Meath
7. Q-F Louth v Dublin
Semi finals
8. 2. v 4.
9. 6. v 7.
Final
8. v 9.

Dublin quarter-finals on Oct 12/13:

Castleknock v Thomas Davis
- CK with CKK expected to win this one. But I'd expect whoever comes through to bow out at the semi final stage.

Kilmacud v Clontarf
- While Jack Flash is with the underdogs, Crokes should win handy. Overall favourites for the title.

Ballyboden v NaFianna
- Tie of the round. NaF knocked out star studded Ballymun, but Boden have absolutely stormed the league this year (14 wins and a draw from 15 games), so are marginal favourites. Expected to be tight and the winners will be genuine challengers.

St Judes v St Vincents
- Vins favs, but Judes well capable of an upset. Expect Vins to pull through, but I don't expect Vins to win the title.

I think the latter two might be on TV on the Saturday evening.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portlaoise v Killeshin in the Senior final in Laois. Killeshin's first ever final at Senior, so Portlaoise are hot favourites and should have enough. Not going as well as previous years though, so don't think they'll be contending for a Leinster.

Dinny Breen

Moorefield v Sarsfields SFC final in Kildare  ::)

Moorefield going for three in a row. Between them they have won the last 6.

Neither will do much in Leinster.
#newbridgeornowhere

Wildweasel74

Seen players had a bad fall of a double decker bus in wicklow, didn't look good but players apparently all OK,

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 12, 2019, 10:52:22 PM
Seem players had a bad fall of a double decker bus in wicklow, didn't look good but players apparently all OK,
Just watched the video online. Lucky no deaths but a number of bad injuries I can imagine.

Rudi

Shocking hope all the lads are ok.

Dinny Breen

No more than a thousand people at the Dublin SFC Q/F double header in Parnell Park. Probably less than 10% of the combined membership of the 4 clubs.

Great to see all those € paying off in growing the game. Blue wave my hole, actions and consequences.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Ferbane are Offaly Senior Football Champions. First time in 25 years. Tears were shed.

under the bar

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 13, 2019, 06:45:37 AM
No more than a thousand people at the Dublin SFC Q/F double header in Parnell Park. Probably less than 10% of the combined membership of the 4 clubs.

Great to see all those € paying off in growing the game. Blue wave my hole, actions and consequences.

Dublin is a county of Big Time Charlies

Rudi

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2019, 09:24:16 PM
Ferbane are Offaly Senior Football Champions. First time in 25 years. Tears were shed.

Can remember them playing Clan in an All Ireland semi in the Hyde many moons ago.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 13, 2019, 06:45:37 AM

Luckily for them they don't have to depend on club gate receipts. Sponsors and the GAA take up the tab!  :-\

LaurelEye

Many congratulations. Now give it a go in Leinster  :)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

shark

Quote from: LaurelEye on October 14, 2019, 12:20:37 AM

Many congratulations. Now give it a go in Leinster  :)

Outside of the Dublin champions, first time winners don't tend to win Leinsters. Usually takes 2/3 county wins for a team to shift their focus.