Nfl div 3

Started by sligoman2, January 25, 2016, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 04, 2016, 07:44:34 PM
Out of all the counties Kildare played in the division I'd say Clare were the most impressive team. I know Sligo beat Kildare but that was a far weaker starting 15 than we had out yesterday and the Sligo management including Carew, Roli, Donnelly and Fitzharris knew exactly how to set up to beat us.

Having seen Clare and Tipperary over the past two weekends you would be hard pressed to identify Tipp as the team who have had all the recent underage successes. Clare have a serious midfield and some impressive forwards but they're probably too lightweight at the back to make a championship breakthrough yet.
far weaker ????my sole seed of optimism is based on that performance so im going to have ask you to back that up and why kildare wpuld play a weakened team against only
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The teams against Sligo and Limerick were probably the most experimental and we were missing Paul Cribbin and Daniel Flynn who both provide incredible athleticism. Take nothing away from Sligo though they should have won by more if it weren't for some wayward shooting.
Kildare could do with poaching/borrowing John Donnelly for training the kickouts which are hugely impressive(Mayo game aside).

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 04, 2016, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 04, 2016, 07:44:34 PM
Out of all the counties Kildare played in the division I'd say Clare were the most impressive team. I know Sligo beat Kildare but that was a far weaker starting 15 than we had out yesterday and the Sligo management including Carew, Roli, Donnelly and Fitzharris knew exactly how to set up to beat us.

Having seen Clare and Tipperary over the past two weekends you would be hard pressed to identify Tipp as the team who have had all the recent underage successes. Clare have a serious midfield and some impressive forwards but they're probably too lightweight at the back to make a championship breakthrough yet.
far weaker ????my sole seed of optimism is based on that performance so im going to have ask you to back that up and why kildare wpuld play a weakened team against only

From my memory of it we were very experimental that day against Sligo. Eoin Powderly, Matty Byrne and Éanna O'Connor started and all three would be very doubtful to make the championship panel. I think the team we had out yesterday with Peter Kelly, Paul Cribbin and Alan Smith in instead was a much stronger starting 15. That's not to take anything away from Sligo who to be honest were value for more than a 1 point winning margin.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

SLIGONIAN

Cheers lads my sole seed of optimism restored but very grounded at the same time in that Roscommon in hyde will be difficult and whilst we have a chance its a small one with them hot favourites, good luck in championship to all div3 teams,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 05, 2016, 10:48:04 AM
Roscommon in hyde will be difficult

Hope we get a dry June :o

Karma for the Westies for trying to take a big wipe of South Ros ;)
Like the Rhus thinking they'll win Sam while Ballagh GAA is still under their aegis.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
Oh Christ, we never do well when there's expectations. Am optimistic though and looking forward to trips to Sligo, Limerick and Ennis.

Some way to back up that assertion.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 26, 2016, 03:25:01 PM
Clare could shock a few in this division ...The lillywhites should finish Top if they have the stomach for the battle!

Hope you put money on that Unlaoised..
#newbridgeornowhere