Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

If it's killyclogher the island are playing none of their players will be wanting to take a sideline kick after that trampy action carried out in the replayed final a few years back.

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on September 30, 2018, 06:28:25 PM
League form not holding up this year.Top 6 all gone.
Nor recent championship form. None of last years semi finalists have made it through to this years semifinals..

Would any of the semi-finalists final league games impact the top 4 or could we get the league finished out now!

LeoMc

Quote from: square_ball on October 01, 2018, 08:35:51 PM
If it's killyclogher the island are playing none of their players will be wanting to take a sideline kick after that trampy action carried out in the replayed final a few years back.

I would say the Island would love a crack at Killyclogher after that replay drubbing 2 years ago bit they would need to make sure they don't get too far ahead of themselves. It has been their downfall too often.

Localexpert

Quote from: LeoMc on October 01, 2018, 09:14:03 PM

I would say the Island would love a crack at Killyclogher after that replay drubbing 2 years ago bit they would need to make sure they don't get too far ahead of themselves. It has been their downfall too often.

Examples of such times?

LeoMc

Quote from: Localexpert on October 01, 2018, 09:55:58 PM

Examples of such times?
Trillick last year, 08 or 09 semi before they won it in 10.
They did everything right in 16 but Bradley blew them away in the replay.

Therealdonald

Examples of such times?

An example would be the Trillick game in 2015 when the boys were more worried about a wedding after the game than the actual match.

Club boi

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 30, 2018, 10:31:54 PM
How does dungannon get a Semi Final double header.  The pitch is brutal and the dressing rooms are even worse.  I know it is a former county ground but it's not up to standard at the minute IMO.

Didnt they have to use the hurley field earlier in the year cause their field was being done up (or just plain sh!te)

Man was saying the other day they played a league game in it this year once they started playing home games again and the surface was brutal, big drain lines the whole way up the field, ankle breaking material. Poor Pitch, Poor Changing, Poor Parking, Poor Atmosphere - so just a bad call really

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 30, 2018, 10:24:24 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 30, 2018, 04:27:56 PMT**ts for senior?

FFS Omagh Gael, don't even be kidding around with such talk! 🤢🤢

I'm sure you'd be delighted for your near neighbours? :)

Localexpert

Quote from: LeoMc on October 01, 2018, 10:06:09 PM

Examples of such times?
Trillick last year, 08 or 09 semi before they won it in 10.
They did everything right in 16 but Bradley blew them away in the replay.

How did they get ahead of themselves before trillick last year as in what are you basing that on?  08- beat by dromore in 1/4 final after beating killyman in first round.  09- beat by dromore in first round replay so again what are you basing 08+09 On?

Localexpert

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 01, 2018, 10:16:05 PM

Examples of such times?

An example would be the Trillick game in 2015 when the boys were more worried about a wedding after the game than the actual match.

Beat by eventual winners but fianna got carried away.  Would that be the case for the other teams trillick beat that year then too?

Therealdonald

Quote from: Localexpert on October 01, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Examples of such times?

Beat by eventual winners but fianna got carried away.  Would that be the case for the other teams trillick beat that year then too?

Look it was common knowledge that you boys got caught on the hop that year. The Cup was for Baldo's except no-one told Trillick, Coalisland were the best team in Tyrone that year by a country mile.

Localexpert

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 01, 2018, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 01, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Examples of such times?

Look it was common knowledge that you boys got caught on the hop that year. The Cup was for Baldo's except no-one told Trillick, Coalisland were the best team in Tyrone that year by a country mile.

The bookies obviously didn't think so when we were 2/1 to beat clonoe in the game before.  Tyrone championship has been a complete mine field for 10 years!

bigtogs

Errigal won the championship this year I thought!!!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on October 01, 2018, 10:29:06 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 30, 2018, 10:31:54 PM
How does dungannon get a Semi Final double header.  The pitch is brutal and the dressing rooms are even worse.  I know it is a former county ground but it's not up to standard at the minute IMO.

Didnt they have to use the hurley field earlier in the year cause their field was being done up (or just plain sh!te)

Man was saying the other day they played a league game in it this year once they started playing home games again and the surface was brutal, big drain lines the whole way up the field, ankle breaking material. Poor Pitch, Poor Changing, Poor Parking, Poor Atmosphere - so just a bad call really

Dungannon always had a great atmosphere over the years. Everyone is very close to the pitch and there was always good noise from the stands. Can't say I ever found parking to be a huge issue, certainly no worse than the likes of Pomeroy. They do need to do lot of work to get the ground up to scratch though.

Upthemstairs

Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 01, 2018, 07:16:55 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 01, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 01, 2018, 05:54:52 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on October 01, 2018, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 01, 2018, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: BIGONE on September 30, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
You got your wish localexpert. Will edendork be fit to challenge yous at all? God that Maor Foirne from coalisland is like Mrs Doubtfire running about! The shape of him! 😂

The parish neighbours seem to be on a roll. I hope they keep winning be nice to see two cups coming to the parish if possible.
On the maor foirne of Coalisland the word on Main Street is he's main man. Doing a lot of one to one with players and picks the match ups. From what I seen of Jason carberry on Sunday he had Harte tormented ( within the rules may I add) which most likely Led to the lack of discipline Petey showed in getting the black. He's one of Damian's sons ?

Ps dan Lowe for Tyrone 😊

All about momentum tintown.  Last time we won it derrylaughan won the intermediate and killyman the junior which was a great achievement for a catchment area smaller than clubs in the West.  Would love it if you won intermediate and us the senior because we'd take both cups into the 4 corners and have some night showing them off.

God knows coalislands B team love the rahillys that much they'd lie in nettles for it.  Couple of years ago brackaville thought they were "printing money" backing them against us which would have fixed all the problems in brackaville.  They lost and sent their pothole to us instead.

Maor foirne is indeed the coach... shrewd operator just look out for his whatsapp groups!

Jason carberry a sticky man marker with fitness levels second to none but we've seen the nephew strike out before this year against monaghan which makes me question his stomach for battle when the game is in the melting pot.
considering his whiter than white personna I thought he'd "love thy neighbour" better.... just lucky he didn't strike out at big padge again because the last time he did that he was put to shhhhhhleep!

Wouldn't recommend taking on any of that breeding ! Big men !

Is this "coach" a young enough fella. If it's the lad I'm thinking of surely someone playing reserves wouldn't have the player power to get rid of a senior manager 😂 but stranger things have happened. He's a chip off the ol block any way doesn't seem to have much to learn on the line. Them Fianna men are bouncing out onto the pitch. Wee Gerard helping out with dromore thought they would walk over Coalisland too !

Tintown like seeing all the locals doing well!

The nephew didn't end up well that evening with the father jumping the wire if I remember correctly. 

Yea he'd be early 30s or so but you couldn't watch him as I said.  He was shrewd enough to set up the whatsapp group with the main senior men and while each voter was sending in the thumbs in agreement the group then said "coach has left"!

But have to hand it to him he's motoring rightly.

Peter Baynes tells a different story on the what's apps!

But surely the O'Hagan's need a pat on the back if Coalisland take get their hands in the Oneill cup!

If you could have one stewertstown player in the blue jersey who would you take ?

Tintown rattler must think we're all silly. They claim to be from Stewartstown but in all the posts they've made all they've talked about is coalislsnd. Also no one from Stewartstown would use that name in their username and the third clue is that they can't even spell 'stewertstown' correctly. Why do coalislsnd people feel the need to pretend to be from other places?

On the Coalisland managerial set up, I have it on very good authority that it's all Damien o'hagan and Peter Herron. Everyone else on the sideline for them may as well be in the stand because they play no part in the management set up of the team. So all this talk of other people in the set up is being driven by the few people with very very close links to the 'maor foine'. I was near enough their dugout on Sunday and it's clear that it's Damien and peter who are leading this charge.