AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 28, 2018, 04:43:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 28, 2018, 04:37:09 PM
A big gulf in class and an easy emphatic win for Monaghan,  now meet Kerry in 2 weeks time.

Well done beating a team out on their fourth weekend in a row including a demoralising Leinster final defeat only last weekend. Ridiculous schedule for 16/17 year olds.

Monaghan will be no threat to Meath.

Derry nearly caught Meath. On saying that the conditions were terrible. Heavy rain and strong wind.

straightred

will they wait to next saturday before fixing dates for the semi's. Galway seniors and one of Kerry or Monaghan seniors will play that weekend so they should try to put their minors and seniors on the same day in Croke Park

Boycey

Quote from: straightred on July 29, 2018, 09:42:56 AM
will they wait to next saturday before fixing dates for the semi's. Galway seniors and one of Kerry or Monaghan seniors will play that weekend so they should try to put their minors and seniors on the same day in Croke Park

Think there's only one semi in Croker with the U20 Final before the other semi?

Rossfan

U20 Final is on before Dublin/Ros hammering next Sunday.
Minor Semis listed 11th/12th and I expect they'll be matching them with Seniors when the line up is known next Sunday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Boycey

Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2018, 11:01:12 AM
U20 Final is on before Dublin/Ros hammering next Sunday.
Minor Semis listed 11th/12th and I expect they'll be matching them with Seniors when the line up is known next Sunday.

Ok, I got my info from one of the Monaghan backroom team a week or so ago but your one makes more sense. I thought it'd be be unfair to have one of them in Croke Park and one elsewhere alright..

galwayman

Clare 0-6 Galway no score after 23 mins!

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on July 29, 2018, 01:55:00 PM
Clare 0-6 Galway no score after 23 mins!

0-8 0-3 HT. What's going on there? Clare off the back of 20 point Munster final defeat and Galway won every game in Connacht comfortably.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam14

13 mins gone in second half, 9 points each
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 29, 2018, 02:53:37 PM
All over

Galway 0-18
Clare 0-11

Strange game a big wind in Tullamore?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Great comeback but you'd wonder how they got themselves into such a hole in the first place.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 29, 2018, 03:08:19 PM
Great comeback but you'd wonder how they got themselves into such a hole in the first place.

From the match report sounded like there was a strong wind, should be a close match against Meath in the semi.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 31, 2018, 04:04:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 29, 2018, 03:08:19 PM

From the match report sounded like there was a strong wind, should be a close match against Meath in the semi.

Just watched the highlights there and they were 0-8 to 0-0 down at one stage. Hard to tell how windy it was from highlights. Definitely a breeze but it didn't look like a gale.

Blowitupref

Semi finals

Saturday August 11
Galway vs Meath, Croke Park, 3pm

Sunday August 12th
Kerry vs Monaghan, Croke Park, 1:30pm