Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Liam was the goalkeeping coach one of the best around surprised you never heard of him.

Tyrone Gaa

I heard Audi Kelly is away. Apparently decided this week he can't manage against Edendork. I'm sure he might have realised that after they win the Tyrone intermediate.
Living the dream!!!

driveherin

trailer

Really? Heard it was just Audi Kelly. Also heard he's off to a certain Derry club who've recently lost their management team. ££££ talks!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2018, 10:00:25 AM
Really? Heard it was just Audi Kelly. Also heard he's off to a certain Derry club who've recently lost their management team. ££££ talks!

Audi Kelly for Slaughtneil? Is that a serious suggestion?
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

Yep, hes jumped ship.  He knows that the Moy has no chance in D1 and will be in the relegation mix.  He just won an All Ireland with them.  Cant go any higher, the only way is down with Moy from here on out.  Now is the time to jump ship when his profile is high.  Its what smart managers do.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 12, 2018, 11:32:04 AM
Yep, hes jumped ship.  He knows that the Moy has no chance in D1 and will be in the relegation mix.  He just won an All Ireland with them.  Cant go any higher, the only way is down with Moy from here on out.  Now is the time to jump ship when his profile is high.  Its what smart managers do.

But surely Slaughtneil would have done their homework and noticed the last time Audi Kelly was over a 'top team' he failed with Dromore at their peak.  Dromore were the best team in the county in the years he had them, won nothing (Maybe Paul Rouse was to blame).  I cant blame the fella if he's been offered that opportunity.  I would have thought a manager of greater standing would have been on their radar.  If he brings them success he will be linked with replacing MH after his term.
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Not a pile of wriggle room to improve Slaughtneil though either!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 12, 2018, 12:24:01 PM

Not a pile of wriggle room to improve Slaughtneil though either!

Suppose Micky Moran left it late in the day to leave Slaughtneil so they are in panic mode to get the thing sorted before the new season and they will see they are bringing in an All Ireland Club winning manager.  If Slaughtneil don't win Ulster is it failure? 
Living the dream!!!

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 12, 2018, 11:07:19 AM

This is what I heard. Not sure how reliable it is. But why would he leave Moy at this late stage? Something has to have turned his head. It definitely wasn't this bullshit line about managing against Edendork. It's not like they were promoted last weekend....

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2018, 03:46:38 PM

This is what I heard. Not sure how reliable it is. But why would he leave Moy at this late stage? Something has to have turned his head. It definitely wasn't this bullshit line about managing against Edendork. It's not like they were promoted last weekend....

If it comes off its a huge promotion for him and likely be a huge financial gain.  I still wont believe it until its confirmed, I just thought Slaughtneil would be pitching a wee bit higher and that without disrespecting Audi Kelly who has been successful but lacks consistency and isn't proven at the top level when given the opportunity.
Living the dream!!!

Stall The Ball

I'm fairly sure that it was the other half of the Moy management team that was Slaughtneil's preferred option.

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 12, 2018, 04:03:41 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2018, 03:46:38 PM

If it comes off its a huge promotion for him and likely be a huge financial gain.  I still wont believe it until its confirmed, I just thought Slaughtneil would be pitching a wee bit higher and that without disrespecting Audi Kelly who has been successful but lacks consistency and isn't proven at the top level when given the opportunity.

I don't believe it either if I am honest. Time will tell. But it's a strange one nevertheless.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Stall The Ball on March 12, 2018, 04:04:56 PM
I'm fairly sure that it was the other half of the Moy management team that was Slaughtneil's preferred option.

That does seem a little bit more plausible. For Moy to lose their management team at this stage of the year could be very damaging or maybe not......
Pomeroy were in a similar pickle last year, started poorly, changed management again & it didnt work out not too bad for them in the end. 3 management teams in the one calendar year! Was that a first?