Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take Your Points

Quote from: johnneycool on January 11, 2017, 09:42:24 AM
Rory is Rory and I don't think he would have thought much about the politics of the place he was born and reared in, (not uncommon with a lot of the youth today) and all of a sudden due to his sporting prowess he's had to make a decision with political implications rather than just a sporting one and rather than seem to offend anyone make a dick of himself with the zika virus nonsense when every man and his dog knew the real reasons.

He supports Ulster Rugby (9 counties BTW) and GAWA (not my particular choice) but so f**k, he's a good golfer, so let him plough on at that.

Too many people going out of their way to be offended just like those dicks hounding James McClean over his stance on the poppy.

+1

Orior

Hands up who is offended by Rory's confusion over his nationality?

Current count = 0
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Current count = 0

are you stoned?

Orior

Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2017, 11:58:22 AM

Current count = 0

are you stoned?

Are you offended because I am trying to understand someone's thinking?

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

Current count = 0

are you stoned?

McIlroy has clearly offended you yet you state the current count of those offended = 0. You start a thread called Homophobe Thread were you state you'd like kick Craig from 'Strickly' , hence the question are you stoned. 

Orior

No I'm not offended by McIlroy - I just wanted to understand his thinking.

Craig from Strickly calls end every sentence with the word "Darling". I'd like to see him try that on a gaelic pitch.

weareros

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2017, 07:48:19 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
The catholic church in Holywood was bombed during the troubles. And, in the best of all english village traditions, Holywood has a maypole. Rory had no chance.

Interestingly though, Holywood does have a gaelic team (St Pauls) but I guess they don't yet have an engagement policy with Sullivan Upper.

Maypole being non Christian I believe so heyho! Fair f**ks to them... plenty churches burnt down on both sides during troubles but you managed to leave that out and interesting enough St Paul's primary school in Beechmount (falls road) never had a Gaelic team but had a soccer team!

Orior what is your point??

History, or wikipedia, would suggest that the Maypole was of German pagan origin and the rise of Protestantism in Britain tried to wipe them out, but they were reinstated under Catholic Mary. Either way, May Day has always been of significance in pre-Christian Ireland, too. God be with the days when the women would take an auld nude roll in the morning dew of the May Day grass to preserve their beauty.

No wides

Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2017, 12:33:51 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

Current count = 0

are you stoned?

McIlroy has clearly offended you yet you state the current count of those offended = 0. You start a thread called Homophobe Thread were you state you'd like kick Craig from 'Strickly' , hence the question are you stoned.

He's only winding sure and he's part of bennys watsup little boys club so don't question him please, there are folk on here you are not allowed to question or the bitches will attack you from all angles.

ziggysego

Too many people going out of their way to be offended just like those dicks hounding James McClean over his stance on the poppy.

I 100% agree. Couldn't give one iota who he or anyone identifies themselves as.
Testing Accessibility

vallankumous

Its not that simple either as I've relations in North Down and we've several lads from that area who hurl for us and there's nothing British about them, big into the Irish language, sport and traditional music.

I know a lot of Germans like that and I know a lot of Irish who are not like that.

I agree that he can do whatever he wants to do. It's the identity police that are the problem not McIlroy.

laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 11, 2017, 02:17:33 PM

I'm not offended by him at all,I just don't like him. It's nothing to do about where he is from or what flag he waves or if he thinks of himself as being British or Irish. I just don't like him.Some people can't seem to get their heads around that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No wides

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2017, 02:30:40 PM

I'm not offended by him at all,I just don't like him. It's nothing to do about where he is from or what flag he waves or if he thinks of himself as being British or Irish. I just don't like him.Some people can't seem to get their heads around that.

How does the man sleep at night!

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2017, 01:07:10 PM
No I'm not offended by McIlroy - I just wanted to understand his thinking.

Craig from Strickly calls end every sentence with the word "Darling". I'd like to see him try that on a gaelic pitch.
You should start a tread about that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

If it's a personality thing, that's different. For me, it's his haircut ;)
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

Would you dislike him enough to shout against him coming down the stretch in the Masters against say some random Yank?