A same sex couple??
Don't tell DUPUDA  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 18, 2019, 06:45:46 PM
A same sex couple??
Don't tell DUPUDA  ;D

Not having a good day posting, are you? Go off and watch the Eurovision.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Another Nordie  by passed by the humour gene I see.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2019, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: didlyi on May 01, 2019, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2019, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2019, 06:37:12 PM
I presume they want to show entertaining games  ;)
Not 45 throws followed by 55 more and so on and on and on....

Perhaps I'm biased because Mayo actually won the bloody league, but I thought the football league final entertainment far exceeded the hurling counterpart.

Who cares about the league. Seriously your at the bottom of the barrel when the league is used to make a point. Most people have already forgotten Mayo won it.

That's fair enough, but it's the 'top 8' teams. Hurling championship consists of the top 10 teams. I know 99% of people don't give one iota about the league, but the fact the two games were on the same day,  I expected better from the hurling if I'm honest.
Standard in hurling is way down. Last 2 All Ireland winners fell over the line despite doing their best to lose it. The great KK team that was around for about a decade and the Tipp and Cork teams that put it up to them would have hammered Galway and Limerick. But so many teams at a similar level makes it exciting. Plus, the opposite of football, the media analysts love hurling and don't let the viewers forget it.

40 wides in the All Ireland final last year. 40! Bar Galway waking up in injury time, the standard of play in the second half in particular was awful. Horrendous. Turnover after turnover. Wide after wide.

Yet we were told it was a magnificent final.

Watch a football game on RTÉ and the analysis points out every mistake that was made!

marty34

Quote from: Hound on May 19, 2019, 12:12:51 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2019, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: didlyi on May 01, 2019, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2019, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2019, 06:37:12 PM
I presume they want to show entertaining games  ;)
Not 45 throws followed by 55 more and so on and on and on....

Perhaps I'm biased because Mayo actually won the bloody league, but I thought the football league final entertainment far exceeded the hurling counterpart.

Who cares about the league. Seriously your at the bottom of the barrel when the league is used to make a point. Most people have already forgotten Mayo won it.

That's fair enough, but it's the 'top 8' teams. Hurling championship consists of the top 10 teams. I know 99% of people don't give one iota about the league, but the fact the two games were on the same day,  I expected better from the hurling if I'm honest.
Standard in hurling is way down. Last 2 All Ireland winners fell over the line despite doing their best to lose it. The great KK team that was around for about a decade and the Tipp and Cork teams that put it up to them would have hammered Galway and Limerick. But so many teams at a similar level makes it exciting. Plus, the opposite of football, the media analysts love hurling and don't let the viewers forget it.

40 wides in the All Ireland final last year. 40! Bar Galway waking up in injury time, the standard of play in the second half in particular was awful. Horrendous. Turnover after turnover. Wide after wide.

Yet we were told it was a magnificent final.

Watch a football game on RTÉ and the analysis points out every mistake that was made!

That's because there's not much positive things to pick out in football!!!

oakleaflad

https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/54537018

BBC Sport NI will have live TV coverage of six matches in this year's Ulster Senior Football Championship as well as broadcasting deferred highlights of the other two fixtures.

There will also be live commentary of every game on BBC Radio Ulster and comprehensive previews, match reports and analysis on the BBC Sport NI website and digital channels.

The TV coverage starts with a double-header on 1 November that begins with Donegal v Tyrone at Ballybofey followed by Derry v Armagh at Celtic Park.

Highlights of Monaghan's preliminary round match against Cavan will be shown between the two live games.

Mark Sidebottom will present the television programming and will be joined by All-Ireland winners Oisin McConville and Peter Canavan.

Donegal's Martin McHugh, who lifted the Sam Maguire in 1992, will also provide analysis, as will former All-Star and All-Ireland finalist Martin Clarke.

Thomas Niblock will be on commentary with Thomas Kane providing live updates from the sideline.

Award winning broadcaster, Tessa Fleming, who has won club Championships in Meath, Louth and Monaghan, joins the team for the first time and will be interviewing the players and managers before and after the matches.
◾Bonner prepared for unique GAA autumn
◾Clones will not stage final because of absence of floodlights
◾Test your knowledge of Ulster SFC finals

The coverage continues on 7 November with the game between Antrim and Cavan/Monaghan followed by the quarter-final match between Fermanagh and Down on 8 November.

BBC Sport NI will broadcast highlights of the first semi-final on 14 November before screening the second semi-final live on 15 November.

The TV coverage concludes with the Ulster Senior Football Championship Final on Sunday 22 November.

On radio, Orla Bannon will present BBC Radio Ulster's programming which will include live commentary of every game in the Ulster Championship starting with Monaghan's preliminary round tie with Cavan.

As well as commentary in English, Irish language commentary will also be available for a number of games via the BBC Sport NI website.

Neil Brittain, Executive Editor BBC Sport NI, said: "We know that the 2020 Ulster Senior Football Championship is going to be very different than any that have gone before.

"Restrictions on crowd numbers and the condensed schedule mean that there is an added responsibility on partner broadcasters to show matches to as many people as possible.

"I am therefore pleased that BBC Sport NI is able to screen six games live as well as broadcasting two deferred matches this year and I would like to thank the GAA and RTÉ for their co-operation in facilitating this coverage.

"We know that the Championship is important to so many people and I hope that by broadcasting these games we can help give people something to cheer about at this time."

Ulster Senior Football Championship coverage

Sunday 1 November, quarter-final

Donegal v Tyrone: Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Preliminary Round: Monaghan v Cavan: Highlights

Derry v Armagh: Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Saturday 7 November, quarter-final

Monaghan/Cavan v Antrim: Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Sunday 8 November, quarter-final

Fermanagh v Down: Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Saturday 14 November semi-final

Donegal/Tyrone v Derry/Armagh: Highlights

Sunday 15 November semi-final

Fermanagh/Down v Monaghan/Cavan/Antrim: Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Sunday 22 November final

Live BBC Two Northern Ireland

Milltown Row2

The coverage by RTE on the div 2 hurling final between Kerry and Antrim on Sunday night was the worst example of elitism I've ever seen by RTE, there can be no excuses given has to why the poorest of coverage was given to this game considering it was recorded..

If this had have been a div 2 football final and got the same amount of coverage (I doubt that would have happened ) there would have been a lot of complaints
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 09:18:02 AM
The coverage by RTE on the div 2 hurling final between Kerry and Antrim on Sunday night was the worst example of elitism I've ever seen by RTE, there can be no excuses given has to why the poorest of coverage was given to this game considering it was recorded..

If this had have been a div 2 football final and got the same amount of coverage (I doubt that would have happened ) there would have been a lot of complaints

All they're good for

Expect another documentary about ROG and the lads in time for Xmas

johnnycool

Quote from: tiempo on October 21, 2020, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 09:18:02 AM

All they're good for

Expect another documentary about ROG and the lads in time for Xmas

Why should RTE give a flying f**k for the lower echelons of the NHL when Croke Park don't either.

Darren Gleeson is finding out a first hand what it's like down there and not able to watch his team on TV on a Sunday evening.

As they say in camogie and ladies football, if you can't see you can't be.

Rossfan

TheGreatest

screenexile

Ah jaysis where are we gonna get our Joe Brolly fix now??

johnnycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 15, 2021, 03:49:23 PM
BBC Radio Ulster (and Radio Foyle) are shutting down their Medium Wave transmitters within the next few weeks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2021/next-phase-of-changes-to-some-local-bbc-radio-medium-wave-services

...considering that their GAA coverage has been limited to Medium Wave for many years now, it'll be interesting how they handle its coverage in the future - I dread to think that it might be online only.  :-\

DAB?

armaghniac

Is there any plan for TV coverage? NOW TV have a 3 month deal if you sign up before Monday. I expect there will be some games on Sky as usual?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
Radio Foyle (792 kHz) and BBC Radio Ulster (1341 & 873 kHz) confirmed shutting down on MW on 6th May.

What will that mean for live commentary of GAA matches?