Sports Funding in NI

Started by Evil Genius, August 16, 2020, 07:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

About time GAA was put at the front takes a SF minister to ensure clubs were treated well.

johnnycool

Quote from: delgany on March 24, 2021, 12:26:52 PM
Clubs with a social club had to produce certified audited accounts as per rule. So they would have the highest overheads and loss/ profit in greatest  detail

Nolan making big noises that clubs should only have gotten the grant if "in imminent danger of closing".

We got money from it and from what I can make out it was based on loss of earnings since the pandemic started. Our gym generates more income than our bar and it was shut solid for the whole time even when local gyms were open thanks to the Dublin centric GAA and we've lost members to the gym we probably won't get back.

I'm off to order a load of hurling balls before the hoors try to get it back off us  ;D

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on March 24, 2021, 01:56:38 PM
Clubs with a social club had to produce certified audited accounts as per rule. So they would have the highest overheads and loss/ profit in greatest  detail

Nolan making big noises that clubs should only have gotten the grant if "in imminent danger of closing".

We got money from it and from what I can make out it was based on loss of earnings since the pandemic started. Our gym generates more income than our bar and it was shut solid for the whole time even when local gyms were open thanks to the Dublin centric GAA and we've lost members to the gym we probably won't get back.

I'm off to order a load of hurling balls before the hoors try to get it back off us  ;D

Order Ballela a few too - we didn't qualify because we never had any money

johnnycool

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 24, 2021, 02:04:28 PM

Sure FFS there was a Betsy Grey cup game at our place last year between both sets of our neighbours and I happened to be behind the goals (socially distancing) when a ball went over the ballscreen. I ran to get it and there was our crest on the feckin ball.
Needless to say it was re-appropriated right there and then.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on March 24, 2021, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 24, 2021, 02:04:28 PM

Sure FFS there was a Betsy Grey cup game at our place last year between both sets of our neighbours and I happened to be behind the goals (socially distancing) when a ball went over the ballscreen. I ran to get it and there was our crest on the feckin ball.
Needless to say it was re-appropriated right there and then.

The crests on them make it hard to argue about theses days. Our u9s ended up with a Ballycran ball in the bag last year and we didn't even play them.

Norf Tyrone

Is there a list of all the clubs and what they got?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Estimator

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 24, 2021, 05:50:26 PM

http://www.sportni.net/funding/our-funding-programmes/sports-sustainability-fund/sports-sustainability-fund-awards-list/

Just click on the approved amount for each sporting body and that will bring you to the list of clubs.
Ulster League Champions 2009

RedHand88

Quote from: Estimator on March 24, 2021, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 24, 2021, 05:50:26 PM

http://www.sportni.net/funding/our-funding-programmes/sports-sustainability-fund/sports-sustainability-fund-awards-list/

Just click on the approved amount for each sporting body and that will bring you to the list of clubs.

Some clubs really were not on the ball at all!

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Estimator

Nolan's main story for the 3rd day!

sensethetone

Quote from: Estimator on March 25, 2021, 09:14:09 AM

Yeah DUP paid him off to avoid pow wowing about the NI protocol. 

delgany

Quote from: sensethetone on March 25, 2021, 10:20:28 AM
Quote from: Estimator on March 25, 2021, 09:14:09 AM

Yeah DUP paid him off to avoid pow wowing about the NI protocol.

Nolan hasn't a clue about any sport ...which makes it interesting  listening ....just like Mr.Allister

imtommygunn

These clubs are just getting what they claimed for and they had to account for losses so tbh I don't see it as any particular scandal. Ones with social clubs would have got more too.

i find the belfast marathon one a bigger scandal lol.

Estimator

Tommy Whiteside (Crusaders Chairman?) had Nolan in knots this morning. Did his research on the monies dished out to sporting bodies in the Republic, Scotland, Wales and England... explained why Crusaders needed their money.. Nolan tried to get him onside but couldn't. Every time Nolan tried to bring in another area, Tommy repeated "You're not comparing apples with apples" numerous times. Nolan resorted too the grants given out to taxi drivers etc, Tommy accused him of playing to the crowds, Nolan then tried to get him to comment on the awards to golf clubs. And he kept replaying the comments from Hargey to Joel Taggart last night, as if it was some sort of magic bullet... I'd say he was glad to get Geoffrey on to talk about flegs.

RedHand88

Quote from: Estimator on March 25, 2021, 12:40:34 PM
Tommy Whiteside (Crusaders Chairman?) had Nolan in knots this morning. Did his research on the monies dished out to sporting bodies in the Republic, Scotland, Wales and England... explained why Crusaders needed their money.. Nolan tried to get him onside but couldn't. Every time Nolan tried to bring in another area, Tommy repeated "You're not comparing apples with apples" numerous times. Nolan resorted too the grants given out to taxi drivers etc, Tommy accused him of playing to the crowds, Nolan then tried to get him to comment on the awards to golf clubs. And he kept replaying the comments from Hargey to Joel Taggart last night, as if it was some sort of magic bullet... I'd say he was glad to get Geoffrey on to talk about flegs.

Great to hear. Might listen back.