Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

I'm sure we are all still here lurking. Delighted with our 2nd half against Mayo. 3 years in a row beating them. I think the group format hugely benefitted us. Team should be stronger than last time we played Galway and I felt we handed them 2 goals the last day whilst missing a few more of our own. I also feel psychologically Galway having to face us instead of being in the final would be annoying for them.

When Letrim went 1-13 to 1-7 up against us, it would hard to see where we are now.

Fair play to our lads for finding a way.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Two results in the Connacht U17 championship tonight.

Roscommon 1-10 Galway 1-7
Leitrim 0-8 Sligo 0-9
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Sligo 3
Ros 2
Mayowestros 2*
Galway 1
Leitrim 0*

*1 game played.

Probably all go to the wire like the U20.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Brilliant win for us tonight. We nearly kicked it away. We are a very good side up to the final 3rd, in fact if we can find our accuracy we could be a more serious threat. I wasn't impressed with Galway last week so not surprised Roscommon won that. I suspect Mayo and Roscommon are strongest 2 in it. Leitrim are decent. We have a bye now then Roscommon away- mayo at home, so tough 2 games to finish. It looks tight alright.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

galwayman

Mayo are miles ahead of the other Connacht teams at u17 this year.
This particular years crop have been exceptional all the way up

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on April 19, 2024, 09:36:22 PMMayo are miles ahead of the other Connacht teams at u17 this year.
This particular years crop have been exceptional all the way up

Our crop this year look as poor as I've seen in a good few years. Not sure management is helping them much though.

Blowitupref

Connacht U20 semi final between Sligo and Galway on this link tomorrow. The winner will play Roscommon in the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-c3HSXlq4

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

If Sligo win any danger we'd be put on as curtain raiser for the Senior....possibly 12 noon...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2024, 03:50:45 PMIf Sligo win any danger we'd be put on as curtain raiser for the Senior....possibly 12 noon...
Senior final isn't on until 4pm so could fit it in at 2pm. Final seems to be earmarked for Saturday night in probably MacHale Park.

Blowitupref

15 minutes played in the Connacht U20 Semi final. A flying start for Galway.

Galway 0-10 Sligo 0-1.

Half time Galway 0-13 Sligo 1-2.  Last score of the half a Sligo goal.

Full time Galway 0-23 Sligo 1-12.   

Galway v Roscommon final next week, no three in a row Connacht titles for Sligo.

Maroon Manc

Only managed to see the first half, a lot of talk after the Mayo game that Galway lost their physical edge when Thompson and Kilcommins went off injured which at the time I thought was nonsense. Either Savage has learned very quickly or those lads he's brought in were injured initially. Those lads who've come in have far superior footballing skills and its showed.

Cunny Funt

U20 final penciled in for May 4th at 5:15pm in MacHale Park. Would it not have made more sense to give the top of table team home advantage or toss a coin for home advantage which would attract a bigger crowd for the final than to bring both to Castlebar?