Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Like I said, it might not be fixed, but it's been shortened greatly. Can't remember if the free-taking is in this year, I think it might.

Jinxy

I see the Sunday Independent had to print a 'clarification' re Joe's claim last week that two Derry minors were over in Oz with Brian McIver for AFL trials.
At the time I read it, I thought to myself, 'That can't be right'.
Of course, it wasn't.
Just another 'fact' that Joe used to support his argument that Tyrone men were destroying gaelic football in Derry.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trileacman

I'd love to know when the last time Joe wrote an article without the word Tyrone in it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

longballin

Quote from: trileacman on April 08, 2018, 09:49:47 PM
I'd love to know when the last time Joe wrote an article without the word Tyrone in it.

The Joe Brolly - Tyrone obsession seems to be mutual. I don't think he mentioned Tyrone on the Late Late Show on Friday night, an interview that must have been a huge disappointing  to his haters.

Jim Bob

longballin

didn't hear that, maybe that his mother is from Tyrone. What I heard was a lot of very genuine work he's doing and at every chance trying to plug the benefits of those initiatives to people with Cystic Fibrosis. I suppose you hear what you want to hear.

Jinxy

It's not a zero sum game you know.
It is possible to do lots of very laudable good work for society/charity without,
a) using your media platform to make personal attacks,
and
b) making up 'facts' to support your agenda.
If I was Marty Morrissey, for example, and someone came up to me and said, "Yeah, I know Joe humiliated you on live TV but to be fair he did give away a kidney so get over yourself", I'd tell them to take a running jump
If you were any use you'd be playing.

longballin

Quote from: Jinxy on April 09, 2018, 09:51:19 AM
It's not a zero sum game you know.
It is possible to do lots of very laudable good work for society/charity without,
a) using your media platform to make personal attacks,
and
b) making up 'facts' to support your agenda.
If I was Marty Morrissey, for example, and someone came up to me and said, "Yeah, I know Joe humiliated you on live TV but to be fair he did give away a kidney so get over yourself", I'd tell them to take a running jump

aye he was out of order on Marty and apologised for that

rosnarun

the reason most Gaa people don't like Joe brolly is that he is a class one bollix. Always willing to put in his glib one liner looking for a headline  at the expense of anyone or anything . and then come back with a slimy retortor apology  in private  like the Marty apology or  'what are you getting  excited for were only having the Crack'
he came across on the late late show as being desperate for some one to pay attention to him and love him he reminded me  of a young lad who keeps betting picked last for teams even though hes the best player there . people would prefer to lose without him than win with him.
what he does outside football is of no interest to me and could open up 10 homeless shelters and save have of Norn iron by his hard work on transplants while curing cerebral palsy before lunch ,
if you start going down that road and reading details about private live next all their separations divorces, kids communions will be fair game.
if any of the above seems nasty sur were only having a bit of crack
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

longballin

Quote from: rosnarun on April 09, 2018, 10:37:48 AM
the reason most Gaa people don't like Joe brolly is that he is a class one bollix. Always willing to put in his glib one liner looking for a headline  at the expense of anyone or anything . and then come back with a slimy retortor apology  in private  like the Marty apology or  'what are you getting  excited for were only having the Crack'
he came across on the late late show as being desperate for some one to pay attention to him and love him he reminded me  of a young lad who keeps betting picked last for teams even though hes the best player there . people would prefer to lose without him than win with him.
what he does outside football is of no interest to me and could open up 10 homeless shelters and save have of Norn iron by his hard work on transplants while curing cerebral palsy before lunch ,
if you start going down that road and reading details about private live next all their separations divorces, kids communions will be fair game.

he's a bit to go to reach your level of bitterness.

Orchard park

Most is a stretch.................

i find most grassroots GAA agree with his articles on how the county game is destroying club ethos, he raises questions of county development panels that most who care are asking also.........
But equally i find he annoys most with his onscreen punditry.

for me i like to read him but not to hear him

Maroon Manc

I like Brolly when he's not talking about football, his obsessions with Tyrone/Paddy Tally ruining the game and Dublin saving the game are beyond tiresome.

There's a place for Brolly & Spillane in the media but its not analysing a game on the Sunday Game.

yellowcard

Did he do something on you?

If you actually take him seriously I can understand where you are coming from sometimes as Brolly does often play to the gallery for reaction and can get a bit too personal with some of his criticism. However he can also be very entertaining, is a very clever man and can see through bullshit. Whatever your opinion of him as a GAA pundit, he has done some outstanding work for organ donors and CF. 

rosnarun

Quote from: yellowcard on April 09, 2018, 12:48:29 PM

Did he do something on you?

If you actually take him seriously I can understand where you are coming from sometimes as Brolly does often play to the gallery for reaction and can get a bit too personal with some of his criticism. However he can also be very entertaining, is a very clever man and can see through bullshit. Whatever your opinion of him as a GAA pundit, he has done some outstanding work for organ donors and CF. 

I have no intrest in he Charity work or private Life we all do what we can .
its his Say anything for a reaction on the National Broadcaster which has made the sunday game the equivalent of the Daily Mail that I have a problem with . It is now unwatchable .
at least Spillane and O rourke Were important figure winning multiple all Ireland and not just a lucky to be there corner forward whose sole reason for being on telly is to provoke a reaction. my reaction is normally to fast forward or turn off.
its only when he comes on mainstream TV claiming sainthood and hoping to be 'Forced' in to running for the ARAS he need to be called  out for the  sycophant that he is
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dire Ear

100% agree Rosnarun