Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

Stradbally Parish Gaels getting good numbers turning out for their underage teams? A good while since they were winning underage. Mountmellick is another big area that should be producing more. These should be two of the key areas the county board should be targeting. Apologies probably off topic

Neutralobserver

any taughts on portlaoise for the weekend down in aughrim?

les Antiques

It's going to be a very tight  . St Pats have a couple of battle hardened lads in the central areas that got them over the line the last day against Ferbane . Portlaoise have had a nice rest but this will be challenge especially in Aughrim.

Neutralobserver

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 08, 2019, 10:27:42 AM
any update on injuries? calliahan?

Don't think he's going to be available. This one is going to be very difficult for Portlaoise to get through. They haven't played in a while as well.

Laoiseabu

Anyone know anything about the Wicklow crowd ? I know Aughrim can be tricky enough . Rathnew took St Vincent's scalps there a couple of years ago . St Patrick's have Dean Healy who I know is probably the Wicklow county teams best player . Big hardy huer he is .

Neutralobserver

Chrimtain

Well done Portlaoise. It's really being put up to you this year, but you are showing great resilience. Best of luck to all of our Laois representatives in the semi finals.

Silkyskillssunshinee

They might not be the Portlaoise of old but they are still very hard to beat. Eire Og of Carlow will probably be a step up next, but it should still be a right good game. I presume it"ll be in O'Moore Park?

BobbyBoucherJr

The AIB GAA Leinster Club SFC Semi-Final Portlaoise GAA Club v Éire Óg Carlow GAA will be shown live on TV by
RTÉ on Saturday November 23rd at 7pm.

Neutralobserver

credit for digging in again and never giving up, after all the medals they won they still dont know when they are beat

redsetanta

Nerve racking stuff for Portlaoise alright. Plaudits to Lillis. Very important point to go to extra time and then his goal. A real leaders performance. That game should stand to them big time. You cannot beat a game like that where you come out on top after such a tight battle.

Hopefully a decent crowd in Portlaoise. Probably be more people from other clubs in Laois than people from the Town.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

A serious result for Portlaoise, it was such a strange game....typical winter football which I feel made it so tough on both sides.

Portlaoise in equal measures were good and bad but overall what won it was the utter resolve and absolute bottle these lads have , it's incredible but the spark of previous years is not there yet and there is no denying that.

The next day is a huge step up on previous matches this year, Eire Og will go in as favourites Im sure and justifiably so. Portlaoise cannot afford another poor performance.

I think being played on a decent pitch in O'Moore park will help Portlaoise but its a match thats going to be very tough to call and neither team will fear each other, it could be a great game. Goals will win it.

One last point on Lillis, he has been incredible this year, a true leader.

TheGiantSquid

Intresting to see Rigney bend the knee and bring on Broady, Thoughts? He's obviously miles ahead of the very capable Mick Nolan. He surely has to start the next day?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on November 21, 2019, 12:03:16 PM
Intresting to see Rigney bend the knee and bring on Broady, Thoughts? He's obviously miles ahead of the very capable Mick Nolan. He surely has to start the next day?
I wouldn't say miles ahead of Mick Nolan . Nolan has been a great servant to Laois and Portlaoise over the years .