O’Byrne Cup 2023

Started by thejuice, January 02, 2023, 06:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

75min

Dublin 0-08
Offaly 0-11
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

A draw was enough but I thought we had done enough to win. 2 points up going into injury time I was worried about the killer goal....both sides fluffed their lines on numerous occasions.

Game was good enough given the atrocious weather. Hard to play champagne football in that. All I can say about the venue is that it now has surpassed Navan as my most hated pitch in Meath. The stand is a joke. Basically seats with a roof that didn't cover any of that.

Final Fri week. Wonderful

And Seafoid....I totes forgot about The Tailteann Cup. Sorry!!

thejuice

Yeah. Unless you're behind the glass in Ashbourne your going to get soaked. But then you can't see anything. At least the pitch is decent.

Qwerty28

A Friday night final...any ideas where? No floodlights in Longford...

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 11, 2023, 11:05:28 PM
A draw was enough but I thought we had done enough to win. 2 points up going into injury time I was worried about the killer goal....both sides fluffed their lines on numerous occasions.

Game was good enough given the atrocious weather. Hard to play champagne football in that. All I can say about the venue is that it now has surpassed Navan as my most hated pitch in Meath. The stand is a joke. Basically seats with a roof that didn't cover any of that.

Final Fri week. Wonderful

And Seafoid....I totes forgot about The Tailteann Cup. Sorry!!
The ould Tailteann was designed for counties who never win anything after Easter.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Qwerty28 on January 11, 2023, 11:30:46 PM

Word on the street is that it will be in Parnell Park, one way or another.

Suits me - although I have bad memories of the final there in, what, 2005 or so, when we were 5 point up agin the Dubs with time almost up.
Jayo Sherlock came on and scored 2 goals and we lost by a point. Ouch.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 12, 2023, 08:44:06 AM

Suits me - although I have bad memories of the final there in, what, 2005 or so, when we were 5 point up agin the Dubs with time almost up.
Has the semi final been played ?
I wonder wiill Kilkenny ever take part in this competition.

Louther

The long and short of it is that the modern Intercounty manager only wants to play matches at this time of year when no one knows about them and no one can watch. They'll travel out of province or to teams not in their divisions and play away with prying eyes.

They use sigerson and midweek as an excuse. They still travel for training and everything else.

They now run the game and county they in charge off.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

Kearns has a point, but I don't see him throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

seafoid

The split season is speeding everything up including January with implications for Longford's 2023 piece de resistance.

Qwerty28

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 12, 2023, 08:44:06 AM

Twas 2008, just dug out the programme!
PP would be handy for me too and has decent shelter.

seafoid

Shamrock Shore

Well, I was wrong.

Offaly have pulled out.

FFS!