Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Sounds like a mismanagement of financial affairs in Galway.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2018, 11:41:44 AM
Meanwhile in the real non financially doped GAA world
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/galway-gaa-braced-for-audit-findings-870482.html

If people are keeping the cash from gate receipts for 3 months without lodging it, that's serious mismanagement and nothing to do with fianancial doping. If they are so disorganised that it takes 3 months to do something so basic and straight forward as lodge money to the bank then what else has been going on. No wonder they conducted the audit.

CJ2017

Philly McMahon believes inter-county players should receive financial backing as the demands on their time continues to soar.

http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/290582

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on September 21, 2018, 12:48:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2018, 11:41:44 AM
Meanwhile in the real non financially doped GAA world
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/galway-gaa-braced-for-audit-findings-870482.html

Hopefully it's just incompetence...
Indeed.
I presume in time we'll have full time Financial officers in Counties or groups of Counties with Central GAA paying their salaries?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 24, 2018, 08:54:55 AM
QuoteDublin set-up is the exact same as every other county' - Philly McMahon

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-setup-is-the-exact-same-as-every-other-county-philly-mcmahon-37346862.html

Trump would be proud of Dublin GAA!

Headline hunting now Dinny (Ewan)

I actually don't know where... If you talk about expenses we get the same as everyone else, and probably less because we don't have to travel that far. I don't see where the money is going, for me. And I guarantee you if you went into any county set-up the resources are probably very similar. You'll have a strength and conditioning coach, a nutritionist, a psychologist, a medical team, a tactical team.

"Just go through Stephen Cluxton's speech and ask other county teams have they got that? Because they have. There is very little difference.

He's right, of the top teams anyway.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 24, 2018, 09:26:19 AM

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-setup-is-the-exact-same-as-every-other-county-philly-mcmahon-37346862.html

I actually don't know where... If you talk about expenses we get the same as everyone else, and probably less because we don't have to travel that far. I don't see where the money is going, for me. And I guarantee you if you went into any county set-up the resources are probably very similar. You'll have a strength and conditioning coach, a nutritionist, a psychologist, a medical team, a tactical team.

"Just go through Stephen Cluxton's speech and ask other county teams have they got that? Because they have. There is very little difference.

No once you exclude travel expenses are Dublin spending more than every other county, so he's not right of the top teams!
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 24, 2018, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 24, 2018, 09:26:19 AM

No once you exclude travel expenses are Dublin spending more than every other county, so he's not right of the top teams!

Sorry I don't know what you mean. He says his personal expenses are less due to non travel is what I think I am reading.

Dinny Breen

€ for € I can guarantee Dublin spend more on their backroom team than every other county in Ireland. It's where money actually has an affect, so to equate " I can guarantee you if you went into any county set-up the resources are probably very similar. You'll have a strength and conditioning coach, a nutritionist, a psychologist, a medical team, a tactical team" is just disingenuous bollix.
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 24, 2018, 09:59:19 AM
€ for € I can guarantee Dublin spend more on their backroom team than every other county in Ireland. It's where money actually has an affect, so to equate " I can guarantee you if you went into any county set-up the resources are probably very similar. You'll have a strength and conditioning coach, a nutritionist, a psychologist, a medical team, a tactical team" is just disingenuous bollix.

In Your opinion.

Thee top teams have them, if it costs Dublin more to get them which is probably does then that's a Dublin issue.

sid waddell

Move on everybody, it's time to focus your energies on splitting Ballygunner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM