Kilkenny

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Two point advantage to KK before they start.   ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 24, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

How he keeps up with play is beyond me... (career suicide quote  ;D )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 23, 2016, 11:32:11 PM
Brian Gavin reffing the final it appears. Interestingly I seen a comment on another forum that Barry Kelly hasn't been given any of the last 10 KK games since the 2014 drawn final, a curious fact if it's correct, being one of the leading referees in the country.
Cody gave out, those on high listened

ashman

A good conspiracy theory is great lads and well frankly it keeps the Internet going but is there any proof . 

Great Gavin has the game .  He will let the game flow .  If you want tipy tappy shit , easy Frees and diving watch soccerball .

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: ashman on August 24, 2016, 10:50:41 PM
A good conspiracy theory is great lads and well frankly it keeps the Internet going but is there any proof . 

Great Gavin has the game .  He will let the game flow .  If you want tipy tappy shit , easy Frees and diving watch soccerball .
I have a hunch he won't be swallowing the whistle and letting them flake each other for 75 minutes to the same degree as has happened in previous finals.
Not such a huge advantage to Kilkenny I reckon.

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2016, 08:44:58 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 24, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

How he keeps up with play is beyond me... (career suicide quote  ;D )

The man is a machine at the stamina running, don't you know?

keep her low this half

No Michael Fennelly for the final, huge loss for the Cats. Sooner or later someone has to beat them, could be Tipp this year.

Milltown Row2

It's all down to when Tipp have that period in the match were they cool off!! Every time they play they allow the opposition to close the gap !

Also I can't see Hogan and Reid having a bad game like they did in first Match v Waterford...

If Tipp keep the intensity up the whole game then they should win, if not the cats should win by four
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Great piece on off the ball about the 1916 hurling final. Interesting mention about the Laois hurlers of 1912-1915 as well

AZOffaly

I heard the clip about them (the Tipp hurlers) walking to the GPO and saying a decade of the rosary before going out to Jones' Road.

Semi related, and don't know if it was mentioned, but there is a tradition that Tipp followers and County Board still do to this day, every time they reach an AI Senior Hurling Final. A couple of thousand of them, at least, gather on Talbot Street, where Sean Treacy was shot. The chairman of the Tipp County Board normally gives a little speech, and then someone reads the proclamation. Then everyone sings 'Tipperary so far away' and Amhrán na bhFiann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJ-qV-6JFo

Milltown Row2

Looking forward to it, got tickets sorted handy enough, name was pulled out of the hat for club tickets and I got one from the draw for the referees allocation .. heading down on the Sat, used to take in the sevens but its lost its appeal now.. so its hit the pubs early instead!!

Other tickets may become available (I'd put out feelers with other sources)  before Sunday so if anyone is looking a ticket, you can PM me if the come up

AZOffaly

Our club is in a fairly unusual predicament on Sunday. We have two young lads in the minor final. However, 1 plays for Tipperary, and 1 plays for Limerick. Must be a very rare occurrence in an All Ireland I'd imagine. The only other thing I could think of is where culchies play in Dublin and might end up playing the Dubs in a final.

seafoid

This is the 6th K/T final since 09
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2016, 01:49:49 PM
This is the 6th K/T final since 09

You're a great man for the short sentences.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2016, 01:28:35 PM
Our club is in a fairly unusual predicament on Sunday. We have two young lads in the minor final. However, 1 plays for Tipperary, and 1 plays for Limerick. Must be a very rare occurrence in an All Ireland I'd imagine. The only other thing I could think of is where culchies play in Dublin and might end up playing the Dubs in a final.

How so?

Is your club not affiliated to Tipp?

How can the other lad play for Limerick?