Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on October 30, 2022, 10:13:45 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2022, 08:52:33 AM
Not sure Clare deserved three. Corner back tough - Finn one of the best ever. Almost suffered because his reputation precedes him.
I don't think it was a great year for hurling. Limerick are way out in front. All Ireland finalist doesn't really mean much.
A bit like 07 when Limerick were the bridesmaids.
All stars are basically given to provincial winners and all Ireland finalists. Kilkenny are not the finished article. So they aren't going to get 6
What would Jesus do ?
Are they that far ahead? Did Clare not take them to the wire a couple of times? I know the final was close with Kilkenny as well but remains to be seen where they go post Cody.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 31, 2022, 09:03:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 30, 2022, 10:13:45 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2022, 08:52:33 AM
Not sure Clare deserved three. Corner back tough - Finn one of the best ever. Almost suffered because his reputation precedes him.
I don't think it was a great year for hurling. Limerick are way out in front. All Ireland finalist doesn't really mean much.
A bit like 07 when Limerick were the bridesmaids.
All stars are basically given to provincial winners and all Ireland finalists. Kilkenny are not the finished article. So they aren't going to get 6
What would Jesus do ?
Are they that far ahead? Did Clare not take them to the wire a couple of times? I know the final was close with Kilkenny as well but remains to be seen where they go post Cody.

Every team has injuries, but Limerick were without Hurler of the Year, Cian Lynch for most of it and he wasn't near right the once he did come in.

It will be interesting how they go in 2023, still a very young panel though and will TJ Reid still keep Kilkenny in the hunt under new management?

Waterford will be expecting a reaction, same with Cork and indeed Galway and Wexford who were all below par in 2022.

imtommygunn

They are that far ahead unfortunately. Lynch was missing all year and Peter Casey for a lot of it who's a big threat for them.

Reid kept KK in it and when Limerick were pushed they always stepped it up against Clare, Galway or KK. I think they'll not be beat for a while.

Tatler Jack

Well done Dunloy. Great for Antrim and Ulster hurling.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Tatler Jack on December 18, 2022, 02:59:34 PM
Well done Dunloy. Great for Antrim and Ulster hurling.
A fabulous result. They have already lost 4 finals so now is a good season to win one.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU