alternate poppy thread

Started by heganboy, November 12, 2013, 04:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

I know the level of vitriol around the poppy has gotten a little out of hand on this board. So I'm going to take the opportunity to send you to a thread on When Saturday Comes' forum about Mascots observing the minute's silence:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-football/852607-mascots-observing-minutes-silences

I was wiping away the tears. The thread is pure genius, I do encourage you to view, and the jimmy bignutz contribution is pure genius only fair to send you there to view it. anyway a little selection but please read it through page 3, it took me about an hour to stop the giggles

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Jell 0 Biafra

The internet owes you a debt of gratitude, Heganboy.  I'm wiping the tears away myself.  Love the Brighton one in particular.

deiseach

Outrageous. Don't they know that if it weren't for the Royal Navy there would be no football in Britain today (a genuine response from Bert Millichip when asked why the Navy got tickets to the FA Cup final)? Can't wait for some finger-wagging OWCer to derail the thread.

Walter Cronc

Captain Cod....haha you cant help but laugh looking at him!!!

AQMP

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 12, 2013, 05:22:44 AM
The internet owes you a debt of gratitude, Heganboy.  I'm wiping the tears away myself.  Love the Brighton one in particular.

Maybe I've a puerile sense of humour, but something about that Brighton one cracked me up for 10 mins.

Quiz Time:  Which one is Mairtin O'Muilleoir??

5 Sams

7th post in..."shouldn't they take their heads off?" Absolutely brilliant. Thanks Heganboy.

Edit..had to put the thread away until later.......people in work were wondering why I was crying with laughter????
The Aristocrat Years

heganboy

and a new entrant from the netherlands for a look of genuine sadness

and captain cod really can't quite capture the depths of despair in his sole

thread has gone viral- ITV now all over it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

Now there's a hangdog expression if ever I saw one. Captain Cod should be battered for his lack of solemnity though.

OakleafCounty

Love it! I had to turn it off too as I'm at work. I was nearly in pain trying to hide the laughter.

deiseach

Best. Post. Ever.

QuoteI hope the armed forces of the world are taking inspiration from football and thinking about having proper mascots of their own, instead of this real-life-goat nonsense. Imagine how easier things would have been for the Johnson administration, for example, if the CBS news reports on Vietnam featured a man-sized fruit called Agent Orange in the background, making thumbs-up gestures to the folks at home.

Jell 0 Biafra

deiseach

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 12, 2013, 03:21:22 PM
Love the West Ham one.  Secondlast comment on the page makes it even better!
http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-football/852607-mascots-observing-minutes-silences?limit=20&start=60

;D

Edit: The amount of hairspray in Di's hair, I'd say it'd be as strong as any hammer.

muppet

MWWSI 2017