China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Junior Cert cancelled.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

Quote from: johnnycool on April 10, 2020, 03:49:49 PM
Another 950 odd dead in UK hospitals in the last 24hrs but all is ok as Boris has moved into a regular ward and waved at the nurses he pays a pittance to.

He's a fighter is our Boris.

Never fought a thing in his entitled life...

His father is quoted as saying 'he NEARLY took one for the team!'
:o
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Hound

Another table. Not sure there's any surprises

Deaths in Europe per population (no of deaths per million population) as of this morning with estimated population

1   Spain    330.77
2   Italy    304.65
3   Belgium    219.39
4   France    185.00
5   Netherlands    139.30
6   United Kingdom    119.07
7   Switzerland    110.23
8   Luxembourg    83.20
9   Sweden    77.75
10   Ireland    52.60
11   Denmark    40.86
12   Portugal    40.10
13   Austria    32.78
14   Germany    31.04
15   Slovenia    21.50
16   Norway    20.00
17   Estonia    18.46
18   Iceland    17.14
19   North Macedonia    15.00
20   Romania    12.72
21   Turkey    10.81
22   Czech    10.47
23   Cyprus    10.00
24   Bosnia    10.00
25   Moldova    9.67
26   Serbia    8.80
27   Greece    8.21
28   Hungary    7.94
29   Albania    7.93
30   Finland    7.64
31   Lithuania    6.80
32   Croatia    4.88
33   Poland    4.58
34   Bulgaria    3.43
35   Montenegro    3.33
36   Belarus    1.70
37   Latvia    1.58
38   Slovakia    0.37

five points

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2020, 06:45:33 PM
Another table. Not sure there's any surprises

Deaths in Europe per population (no of deaths per million population) as of this morning with estimated population

Great info, thanks. If you have a recurring source or link for this, an update every so often would be great so we can follow trends etc.

Rudi

Chit hitting the fan at the press conference. Looks like a certain daily figure should have an asterisk beside it. In fairness I can understand what Holahan is saying 

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on April 10, 2020, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 10, 2020, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 10, 2020, 03:49:49 PM
Another 950 odd dead in UK hospitals in the last 24hrs but all is ok as Boris has moved into a regular ward and waved at the nurses he pays a pittance to.

He's a fighter is our Boris.

Never fought a thing in his entitled life...

It is f**king ridiculous. This thing shows us yet again, as if brexit wasn't enough, that we need to get away from the brits asap. They'll be the death of us (they are certainly the death of many these days).

980 today, which would be over 1000 if they counted everyone and not just those dying in hospitals.
The hospital death stats are directly comparable with the EU countries tho, so a good indicator. The real death figures will make unpleasant reading near Christmas.

bennydorano

What is going on down ROI way? My Twitter feed is full of angry, angry people yet this thread is totally absent of any sort of criticism?

Boycey

What are they angry about? Do they know? I usually find that people on Facebook and Twitter need to be told they're annoyed ..

Ambrose

Things are running pretty smoothly down here, I can't see any reason for complaints. There is an increased Garda presence and more checkpoints, but by and large people are abiding by the rules and acting responsibly.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Cunny Funt

ROI cases up to 8,089 which includes the results from tests sent to Germany. 287 have sadly died.

Rossfan

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2020, 08:25:30 PM
What are they angry about? Do they know? I usually find that people on Facebook and Twitter need to be told they're annoyed ..
Facebook and Twitter was invented so that gobshites can moan and whinge about subjects which they know nothing about.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Will it ever end

The numbers allowing for the German test results in the south don't really bother me as their reported as different times during the day - it's such a fast moving process.

Ewan McKenna really grinds my gears - his negativity is horrifying - I'd love to see some of these gobshites take on a role - sorry on second thoughts - id rather stick with the team we have!

Itchy

Some of anger was due to a question being asked about how many people were waiting on a test and despite being asked a few times they refused to answer. I have a sneaking nagging feeling Republic not doing as good as they are letting on.

Boycey

Didn't see it all only snippets but did Dr Holohan not say as there is nobody waiting on a test? He also appears to be answering the same questions repeatedly because those asking the questions don't understand the answers?

Given the choice of him and his qualifications or some politician or worse again some social media quack I'm siding with him.

Itchy

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2020, 10:23:38 PM
Didn't see it all only snippets but did Dr Holohan not say as there is nobody waiting on a test? He also appears to be answering the same questions repeatedly because those asking the questions don't understand the answers?

Given the choice of him and his qualifications or some politician or worse again some social media quack I'm siding with him.

I didnt see it, that's what I heard. However it is utter bullshit to say no one is waiting on a test. The HSE changed the rules on contact tracing earlier this week because there was such a waiting list for tests.