China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

This is exactly what I'm talking about, I'm not sure what I heard, u never heard it at all but you are already sufficiently knowledgeable to be outraged..   

#imwithtony

Ambrose

Bit of good news on this long Good Friday https://twitter.com/lonewol86593179/status/1248719498263265280

Never doubted that Niall wouldn't win this fight  :)
You can't live off history and tradition forever

MayoBuck

Quote from: Itchy on April 10, 2020, 10:32:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2020, 10:23:38 PM
Didn't see it all only snippets but did Dr Holohan not say as there is nobody waiting on a test? He also appears to be answering the same questions repeatedly because those asking the questions don't understand the answers?

Given the choice of him and his qualifications or some politician or worse again some social media quack I'm siding with him.

I didnt see it, that's what I heard. However it is utter bullshit to say no one is waiting on a test. The HSE changed the rules on contact tracing earlier this week because there was such a waiting list for tests.

The waiting list for getting tested is not bad at all. I know a man in his 60s who called his gp and got an appointment in Castlebar 2 days later. It's the waiting on results that's taking ages, with batches of tests being sent to Germany for processing.

The table @Hound put up earlier is interesting. Our rate of deaths is not brilliant by any means. Although some of the poorer nations may not be recording covid deaths as accurately.

GJL

Quote from: Ambrose on April 10, 2020, 10:54:14 PM
Bit of good news on this long Good Friday https://twitter.com/lonewol86593179/status/1248719498263265280

Brilliant news for him and his family. A great man who has much to do in the future.

Ambrose

Quote from: MayoBuck on April 10, 2020, 10:56:47 PM
The table @Hound put up earlier is interesting. Our rate of deaths is not brilliant by any means. Although some of the poorer nations may not be recording covid deaths as accurately.

Does anyone really believe that China had only 3000 odd deaths?

They've given the world this virus, wether intentionally or not and now we are paying them €Billions for dodgy PPE.

They've started a war without firing a shot. I'll never eat another three in one again.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Itchy

Quote from: MayoBuck on April 10, 2020, 10:56:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 10, 2020, 10:32:52 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2020, 10:23:38 PM
Didn't see it all only snippets but did Dr Holohan not say as there is nobody waiting on a test? He also appears to be answering the same questions repeatedly because those asking the questions don't understand the answers?

Given the choice of him and his qualifications or some politician or worse again some social media quack I'm siding with him.

I didnt see it, that's what I heard. However it is utter bullshit to say no one is waiting on a test. The HSE changed the rules on contact tracing earlier this week because there was such a waiting list for tests.

The waiting list for getting tested is not bad at all. I know a man in his 60s who called his gp and got an appointment in Castlebar 2 days later. It's the waiting on results that's taking ages, with batches of tests being sent to Germany for processing.

I think when people are talking about waiting lists they mean for test results. Sure the test itself is just a swab. 6/7 days people are waiting. Disingenuous to say mo one is waiting.

Saffrongael

So anyone that loses the fight didn't try as hard ??
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 10, 2020, 11:28:04 PM

I hate this balls. Nobody "fights" cancer or Covid. You survive or you don't.

ONeill

Reading this thread from the start is great fun.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Ambrose on April 10, 2020, 11:22:11 PM
Does anyone really believe that China had only 3000 odd deaths?

Why not?

After the initial f**kup, they acted far more decisively than any other nation outside Asia.
i usse an speelchekor

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 10, 2020, 11:37:16 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 10, 2020, 11:28:04 PM

I hate this balls. Nobody "fights" cancer or Covid. You survive or you don't.

Jesus Christ.

gallsman

He's right, the use of "fighting talk" when it comes to cancer etc is embarrassing, and usually actively discouraged by cancer charities.

Milltown Row2

Bit like saying prayers! Who's going to survive on prayers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

As with Covid, with cancer the human body fights it in different ways. Some healthy bodies can't. Some unhealthy bodies do. And there's very little you can do about that. It doesn't have to be mentally as in a tabloid meaning.