Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

What about Mugsy? Headline rubbishing what Sean Cavanagh said and then his article slating Tyrone. He should join the DUP as he can talk out of both sides of his mouth!

Club boi

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 13, 2019, 10:26:57 AM
completely agree...I watched the Meyler - OShea matchup the whole first half and Meyler gave him some abuse...Oshea seemed able to handle it..and give it back and even blocked some of meylers runs up the field...Peter unfortunately has been too easily taken out of most of Tyrones big games now.....

Meyler done to O'Shea what was being done to PH all game. Difference being O'Shea (younger) has a bigger set than PH and is up for the fight. Too many times now PH goes missing in these big games and management have to take some flack for that

In reference to the time Deegan watched PH being manhandled, all Harte had to do was show some fight back and get both men a yellow card. Kerry man darnt put the hands on him at that stage

WT4E

Are we that bad that if we played with 5 forwards instead of 2 we would be hammered of the park???

Angelo

If you watch back that game, it is absolutely staggering that we lost it.

I had kind of fooled myself into think thinking we collapsed in the second half and let Kerry dominate which was not the case. In the 52nd minute we were 2 points up and Kerry had closed the gap thanks to 3 ridiculous awards of free kicks, in that time we had four absolutely terrible wides, one from Sludden 30 yards out in front on the posts under little pressure, another free 35 yards out from McShane just left of centre, a 25 yard effort from McShane just right of centre after he lost his man and a Donnelly shot rushed off his left when he had more space to run into. Kerry up to that point had only scored two scores from play in the second half and one of those was a very good score from Sherwood which was a rather hopeful punt when they were running out of ideas.

After that Walsh came in and he gave them a real focal point from play and he set up two points from play to level it up but even then we were in charge, McGeary has made a great surge through but ends up just having a nosebleed and chucking the ball to O'Brien where the goal comes about. Geaney should certainly have been pulled up for overplaying the ball too, he takes an absolute age with it.

As much as McGeary will be scapegoated for the loss, he did a fantastic job on O'Brien up to that point, O'Brien was picked up by McGeary all game and had no impact really until the goal and he was the main man from then on. McGeary was hooked pretty much straight after the goal for Tiernan McCann who looked well off the pace - he gave a really silly free away in the second half.

Sludden and McGeary both were whisked off after poor errors, Sludden after a miss and McGeary after the poor pass but they had been playing well until then and can feel themselves hard done by.

I don't really get all the plaudits David Moran got after the game, he was pretty much a peripheral figure in proceedings and I thought Michael Cassidy did a fantastic job on him. We had a spell near the end where we were 5 points down and Meyler, McAliskey and McKernan gave away 3 daft frees which allowed Kerry to kill momentum.

I can't understand how we just let Kerry have the short kickouts for the last 10 or so minutes including injury time. We pressed up full on one, McCann intercepted it and Richie Donnelly took a nice score. The last 3 kickouts we let Kerr

Geaney and Clifford hit a few savage scores late on when the game was in the melting pot, we only really had McShane standing up in that regard.

The ball was only in play for about 3 minutes in injury time so I would have expected Deegan to have played another few minutes more than he did.

We are very poor at putting pressure on teams when they are playing keep ball, we give away way too many silly frees that allows the opposition to kill time.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Still can't believe either that we pi$$ed that one away. Haven't felt as bad after a game since Mayo 2016.

Club boi

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2019, 08:08:26 PM
Still can't believe either that we pi$$ed that one away. Haven't felt as bad after a game since Mayo 2016.

I like many many others dont feel bad at all, because when you do the same thing over and over, you get the same results

ONeill

Anyone else think this game was lost on Saturday night?

Mickey would have gone to bed knowing that The Hill gloriously stopped the Aghaloo runaway train in the junior division on Saturday evening, yet no bus arrived on Sunday morning to draft a few of them onto the panel for the Kerry match.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on August 13, 2019, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2019, 08:08:26 PM

I like many many others dont feel bad at all, because when you do the same thing over and over, you get the same results

Should get a boy like you in next to manage the team then as you clearly know best. If you can't see the tactics evolving in recent years it's a worrying start though.

square_ball

Quote from: ONeill on August 13, 2019, 08:41:03 PM

Mickey would have gone to bed knowing that The Hill gloriously stopped the Aghaloo runaway train in the junior division on Saturday evening, yet no bus arrived on Sunday morning to draft a few of them onto the panel for the Kerry match.

Are they still not banned from croke park after handbag gate in 2012?

RedHand88

Quote from: square_ball on August 13, 2019, 08:59:32 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 13, 2019, 08:41:03 PM

Are they still not banned from croke park after handbag gate in 2012?

Has it really been 7 years?!

GaaFanatic123

After watching the game again I think Kerry must have switched the water bottles at half time and we drank the wrong ones.....

Helpline

After reading the last posts I would conclude that Tyrone are the best of the shite teams barring the big three of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo. Great achievement alright. lol
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

WT4E

Quote from: Helpline on August 14, 2019, 09:33:53 AM
After reading the last posts I would conclude that Tyrone are the best of the shite teams barring the big three of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo. Great achievement alright. lol

Dont think youll find too many Tyrone ones disagreeing with that assessment with maybe Mayo now coming back into the shite teams!

Maybe we could have a shite Championship and an elite championship - world series style let Dublin Kerry play a 7 game series to see who is the best.

trailer

Quote from: The Trap on August 13, 2019, 03:22:23 PM
What about Mugsy? Headline rubbishing what Sean Cavanagh said and then his article slating Tyrone. He should join the DUP as he can talk out of both sides of his mouth!

Cavanagh doesn't help himself but the sight of Mugsy boxing the head of some lad at a game in England does nothing for his own credibility.

Taylor

Quote from: The Trap on August 13, 2019, 03:22:23 PM

Where was this?