Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 13, 2023, 08:37:00 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133.amp

Is this the beginning of the end for the firestick? I feel it will become like pirate bay, limewire etc. Very popular at a time but clamped down on in the long run.

No they come out with something like that at the start of every year.

jcpen

There's always a way around these things as Cavan19 says. Always hear of a crackdown etc but nothing every changes.
Not Tufll or from Laois

Eire90

i think a  lot of people  just wont bother with football or boxing or whatever if there in boxes they will  just watch other forms of entertainment or listen on radio or highlights.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2023, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 13, 2023, 08:37:00 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/police-premier-league-illegal-streaming-28911133.amp

Is this the beginning of the end for the firestick? I feel it will become like pirate bay, limewire etc. Very popular at a time but clamped down on in the long run.

I'd be careful with that link too, sent up a mcafee firm ware thingy

That's weird, it's from The Mirror. Can see the story on any outlet today anyway.

CK_Redhand

I'd say the police don't want to have to deal with this. Pressure put on their higher ups by Sky, BT etc. to scare IPTV subscribers.

Sky's model worked well for a long time but as Internet became fast enough to the point of live streaming, Sky fell behind the times. Also the 3pm Saturday ban and the average domestic customer has to pay through the nose yor a package that doesn't include every match. I think the Premier league will have to reevaluate its TV rights deal and move to a competitive pay as you stream provider/platform as the old model cannot compete with IPTV.

screenexile

Quote from: CK_Redhand on January 13, 2023, 12:38:36 PM
I'd say the police don't want to have to deal with this. Pressure put on their higher ups by Sky, BT etc. to scare IPTV subscribers.

Sky's model worked well for a long time but as Internet became fast enough to the point of live streaming, Sky fell behind the times. Also the 3pm Saturday ban and the average domestic customer has to pay through the nose yor a package that doesn't include every match. I think the Premier league will have to reevaluate its TV rights deal and move to a competitive pay as you stream provider/platform as the old model cannot compete with IPTV.

Wouldn't worry about that they're citing 2 lads arrested 2 years ago it still looks like they want to catch the providers rather than the users.

Anyone with half an idea can use xvpn or something else which would stop them knocking at your door so I wouldn't be massively stressed about it you just might have to show the auld fella how to work the vpn before putting on the iptv which is a challenge if he's anything like mine was!!

RedHand88

Half the police probably using them too!

NAG1

Which is the better system at the moment then, or they very similar, the boxes or the Firestick?

laceer

A box is just a fancy firestick.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on January 13, 2023, 01:26:03 PM
Which is the better system at the moment then, or they very similar, the boxes or the Firestick?
Boxes are better imo as most of them have the Playstore, getting stuff onto a fire stick can be a bit of a faff.
A Smart TV is even better as no need for a box or fire stick.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2023, 12:48:27 PM

Wouldn't worry about that they're citing 2 lads arrested 2 years ago it still looks like they want to catch the providers rather than the users.

Anyone with half an idea can use xvpn or something else which would stop them knocking at your door so I wouldn't be massively stressed about it you just might have to show the auld fella how to work the vpn before putting on the iptv which is a challenge if he's anything like mine was!!

My provider actively discourages people using a VPN on the Groupchat.

Itchy

An android box is by far the better. Formuler are a very good make and have a great app on them called mytvonline2. The nvidia shield is also excellent but expensive. Firesticks are grand but I'd say they are not as future proofed and when using them install is a little more complicated and also sellers try to get you to install their own custom apps which are restrictive too.

Itchy

Quote from: TabClear on January 13, 2023, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2023, 12:48:27 PM

My provider actively discourages people using a VPN on the Groupchat.

Let me tell you why. People are buying a subscription and sharing it with friends. To counter sellers are locking the subscription to the isp/IP of the buyer. If the buyer uses a vpn it's changing IP on their box and stops the iptv working. Then seller is getting annoying calls. So solution is turn off the VPN from sellers perspective

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on January 14, 2023, 09:04:15 AM

An android box is by far the better. Formuler are a very good make and have a great app on them called mytvonline2. The nvidia shield is also excellent but expensive. Firesticks are grand but I'd say they are not as future proofed and when using them install is a little more complicated and also sellers try to get you to install their own custom apps which are restrictive too.
Whatever else, but when it comes to circumvention, Cavan folk do know their stuff.

NotedObserver

My Iptv service has crashed since Wednesday. Anybody DM me a new one?