The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

them boys have 2 shops in the town, i was in the small wee quinzer finger one, didnt see any up, normally see them over in the other shop, might take another wee run over now, can go to the other oone and check for ya??

Our Nail Loney

Aye go on hen, it would be good for ya getting a wee run out! Get all the betting down, would get cokesy but don;t think hes workin...

man in black

michael stoute has a newcomer in the 2nd race at windsor tonight. I think it will win. Im going to have a pound at least on it.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

kinghen

2/7 mayobridge    7/1  clonduff 9/4

5/6 bridge -5     8/1    clonduff +5 5/6

4/7  rostrevor   7/1     l'island  6/4

glad i went over now our naill, threw a sneaky 5er on rio guru there at wolverhampton 8/1, this is my best run of bets in a long time, lifted over 100 quid this weekend, all £5 bets too!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: man in black on August 18, 2008, 04:24:19 PM
michael stoute has a newcomer in the 2nd race at windsor tonight. I think it will win. Im going to have a pound at least on it.

My Superstar 9/2 first show...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 18, 2008, 05:49:22 PM

Nowhere, unlucky man in black, one pound down!

Our Nail Loney

Group One time tomoro Magickingdom!!

The Juddmonte at York and AOB has two runners, Duke of Marmalade and Red Rock Canyon

RRC is 100/1 and is obvoiusly just in there to make the running. Duke is 5/4, would have been odds on but for the rain and the ground softening up. Seems to be more suiting new approach who is a 13/8 shout at the min. There was talk that duke wouldnt even go but it def is now AOB came out today and said

Our Nail Loney

Another two group ones this week at york

Thursday - Yorkshire oaks

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/yorkshire-oaks

Ice Queen is AOB's only one in the betting here, 8/1 shot. Came second in the irish oaks with the run of her life at 66/1. Don't know if it can win here, think this race will be between Passage of Time and Lush Lashes...

Friday - Nunthorpe Stakes

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/nunthorpe-stakes

AOB has US Ranger in this race, also Abraham Lincoln but he looks to be a pace setter.

Think its best to steer clear of AOB here this week magickingdom!!

magickingdom

i was reading up on it yesterday nail, the duke hates the rain and we've had plenty of that! think i'll sit out the week alright...  maybe a little e20 on the duke but thats it..

Our Nail Loney

I was thinking about that as well, I have won enough on the duke to stay loyal...

man in black

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 18, 2008, 06:07:51 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 18, 2008, 05:49:22 PM

Nowhere, unlucky man in black, one pound down!

Beans on toast for the rest of the month
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Our Nail Loney

Day 1 at York abandoned....

DAY one of York's Ebor Festival has been abandoned due to a waterlogged track.

Wednesday's fixture is also in doubt, with officials having called a 4pm inspection for this afternoon.

Heavy overnight rain on the Knavesmire left today's meeting untenable after an 8.30am inspection was called early this morning.

This afternoon's six-race card was set to feature a mouthwatering duel between Duke Of Marmalade and New Approach in the Group 1 Juddmonte International Stakes. Officials hope to run that contest and the Great Voltigeur later in the week.

Clerk of the course William Derby accepted he was left with no option but to abandon.

He said: "We've abandoned racing for today following 11mm of overnight rain.       
"There has also been continuing rain this morning, which started up again at around 8am.

"We will also hold an inspection at 4pm for racing for the rest of the week."

Derby is, however, investigating the possibility of rescheduling Tuesday's three Group races for later in the week.

"We are looking at the feasibility with the British Horseracing Authority and other parties at staging today's Group races later this week," he added.

"We will make an announcement on this issue later in the day."

Racegoers who bought tickets for today's abandoned meeting will not lose their money.

Advance booked general admission badges and tickets will be automatically refunded for the fixture.

tieroan

Check out Wee Ziggy 6.55pm at Southwell. 33/1 into 12s at the minute.

Candyman

Quote from: tieroan on August 19, 2008, 01:47:38 PM
Check out Wee Ziggy 6.55pm at Southwell. 33/1 into 12s at the minute.

WEE ZIGGY...

tieroan

Wee Ziggy was 3rd. Drifted back out to 16s. I do not punt anymore unfortunatley