?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general

Quote from: Megaman on April 04, 2019, 08:00:06 AM
ffs, i absolutely hate Celtic.................

.........well for today anyway, had their game over 2.5 goals and they let my bet down  :(

Wonder was Scott Brown playing?  :-X

Ntcham missed a pen too

Kickham csc

Flying into Glasgow tomorrow, bringing my son to his first Celtic Game.

Arriving at 10:30, any tips what to do before the game with the wee lad.

bigtogs

Quote from: Kickham csc on April 05, 2019, 11:06:32 AM

Not easy getting kids into to Bar if you want a beer or 2.... I took my kids to Celtic Superstore and then to the pre match entertainment at Celtic park... all very handy..

http://www.celticfc.net/hospitality/kerrydalebar

ned

Quote from: bigtogs on April 05, 2019, 11:20:26 AM

Not easy getting kids into to Bar if you want a beer or 2.... I took my kids to Celtic Superstore and then to the pre match entertainment at Celtic park... all very handy..

http://www.celticfc.net/hospitality/kerrydalebar

Would echo this. Food, entertainment and drink before and after match.
Depends on your actual ETA at Celtic Park but should be able to easily pass a couple of hours there before kick off.
Would also advise to get to your seats half hour before to let the wee one soak up all the pre match goings on!
In town you probably won't have much time for anything other than visiting a few sports or toy shops!

paddyjohn

Hit the Gallowgate, few scoops and then up to Turnstiles. lol

Make sure a take a pic of his reaction when he sees the ground, I did the same with my nephew when I took him to his first game, memories that will last forever.

Enjoy

clarshack

Another honking performance today  :(

marty34

Very defensive by the sound of it today.  Surely should be more attacking minded at home.

This will not help Lennon get the job full time.  Football needs to be more exciting. Disappointing if this is the way it's going.  Lucky enough to get the 3 pts V Rangers last week.

Fans are not impressed with this stale type of football.

Over the Bar

Quote from: marty34 on April 06, 2019, 06:04:39 PM
Very defensive by the sound of it today.  Surely should be more attacking minded at home.

This will not help Lennon get the job full time.  Football needs to be more exciting. Disappointing if this is the way it's going.  Lucky enough to get the 3 pts V Rangers last week.

Then it was a good result!  ;)

MoChara

The get out of jail free card we've been relying on recently to hide our blushes, fell to Burke this time and he missed it. I just hope Lennon can get them up for the cup game next week.

straightred

watched the 2nd half and it was dire. It could be that they know the league is over but in that case surely the pressure is off and they should be playing free flowing football. Much as i like Lenny I'm not keen on him getting the job full time

clarshack

Quote from: straightred on April 07, 2019, 02:12:39 PM

watched the 2nd half and it was dire. It could be that they know the league is over but in that case surely the pressure is off and they should be playing free flowing football. Much as i like Lenny I'm not keen on him getting the job full time

so when will the league be over? if Celtic keep playing like that and Rangers keep winning?

ned

Considering Celtic are 11 points ahead and if we keep playing like that we are likely to win our next two matches, so second game after the split.
Seriously, the magic number is 5 points more needed. So if we keep drawing, remember Celtic haven't lost a domestic game this year, and they keep winning, a draw at Ibrox in the second last game would do the trick! Likelihood is that we will win it first or second after the split.

Kickham csc

Had a great time with the wee lad on Saturday up at the game. Brilliant day.

Must admit, it was a completely different experience being there with a kid and not on a supporters bus....enjoyed it a lot more, more of a pure joy and enjoyment of the game.

The amount of parents with young kids in our section (not the kids zone),was a real pleasure to see, mothers with young daughters,  dads with sons and daughters , and in them you could see the a real connection with the club.

My plane touched down at 10:30, got a taxi over to CP, with a Celtic supporter driver, who took us on a quick "drive by" of Ibrox to show my lad where Rangers played. My son hadn't a clue what the driver was saying, so that was his first real experience of Glasgow.

When we arrived, walked up to the tour door and paid for a tour which started at 11:00. My wee lad loved it. Walking out the tunnel etc, and spend the rest of the day humming "for its a grand ..."

Then we saw the teams arrive and went into the stadium early to soak up the atmosphere.

The game it's self, I didn't think Celtic were very defensive.  They were pushing forward and were attacking minded, but... it was stale football and Celtic weren't as dynamic as I would have liked.

Tierney looked heavy legged, and some of the other players gave you the impression that they were playing on the end of a very long season.

Weah and Burke added a bit of spark when the came on, and only Ajer, Forrest, Rogić, and Christie caught the eye.

From a green brigade point of view, they definitely add a bit of atmosphere, but do they prevent stadium wide singing of Celtic Songs? There was no YNWA before the game and only briefly was the 'Fields' and 'For it's a grant old..' sung by the stadium other than the GB.

Anyway, the lad loved the day which was the main objective, and Up the Hoops

ned

Glad you, and especially the wee fella, enjoyed the day. The result matters but the overall experience usually seals it. That's him hooked now hopefully. Too easy for the young ones to be swept up with the English football.

illdecide

Kickham csc, a great read and brought me back to my first game. Great to hear the stands are full of families, I know the GB gives the atmosphere to the match and they kinda do dictate the songs sang during the match. It's not perfect but it's not too bad either.

On the game...It's hard to break a team down when they have no intention of scoring or even breaking up the field hard afraid of getting caught on the break, some of Celtic's misses can be legislated for and i'm sure NL was pulling his hair out. We had enough talent on the pitch to win comfortably but i suppose you get one or two of these a season, just a pity your cub didn't get to see 2-3 goals, glad you's all enjoyed and don't wait too long before you bring him back again.I'm trying to fit my lad into a game at CP before the season is over.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch