Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

There was very little to the row to be fair - a few hand bags - with the exception of the eye gouge
Looked worse than it was. Although in saying that Tyrone got 4 reds for contributing to a melee- if those rules were applied there would be 24 reds

Eire90

where did i say i was a nordie

inroundthesquare

Quote from: tyroneman on June 26, 2022, 04:45:13 PM
Shouldn't let the full-time shenanigans overshadow what was one the game of the year.

Unreal by both teams and no reason Armagh couldn't push on from this with Oisin o'N eyc back next year.

Ulster 2023 will be a minefield.

All go into a last 16 anyway where you'll probably end up with an Ulster team in your group

bennydorano

Quote from: OrchardOrange on June 26, 2022, 06:34:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 26, 2022, 05:24:25 PM
A hard one to take for Armagh but could ultimately be the making of both teams. Galway could power on this year and when the dust settles Armagh will have a superb starting point for next year. There were lads coming on in normal time there I'd never heard tell of, so we really were stretched thin. I hope the full management team recommit. It'll be another 50/50 match in the semi.

A good weekend for Galway (& Tyrone ones by the looks of it).

Take off the orange glasses mate. We scored 2 flukey late goals courtesy of a flakey keeper. Otherwise we were miles off Galway and could've been going home bate out the gate by 8 or 9. Geezer has to go
Oh dear lord ::)  Armagh is a small county, our club football is pretty mediocre, to get a seriously competitive team playing a great brand of football, reinvigorating the County along the way, is fantastic imo. A team depleted by multiple injuries as well. We can look forward to next season with confidence. But sure I'd love to hear your suggestions for alternatives.

Sportacus

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on June 26, 2022, 07:13:20 PM
Incredible game and fantastic entertainment. Galway were a few points the better team in normal team but their inability to deal with the high ball and then kicking away possession when they all had to do was hold the ball cost them dearly. They were otherwise very impressive but lot of questions about the way they almost threw that away. At the same time they deserve credit for keeping going after the disappointment of the final minutes then going a goal down in extra time. Will be a fascinating game against Derry, but that naivety would be punished by Derry you'd expect.

Tough to take for Armagh. For all Galway will be wondering how it went to extra time, Armagh still had to find a way to get those scores and they did. I had a lot of questions about Armagh through the league and early in the Championship but there are certainly reasons to be positive if they can build on the last few weeks.

Only negative today was the brawl. Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing for the sport. Need to see strong punishments (that aren't rescinded on appeal).
But sure that never happens and that's why it happens time and again.  GAA is a joke shop when it comes to suspensions.  And if Coldrick randomly selected the two captains for a bit of punishment, that's pure Father Ted stuff. 

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Heart not good after that. As a man who goes to pretty much every Galway game I'm not one bit surprised that our keeper almost cost us the game. He is a liability end of story.
How he is still there beggars belief to be honest.
At the end of normal time I feared we were gone.
But delighted we dug it out.
Cillian McDaid dragged us to penalties. 

RedHand88

And to think an Armagh man invented the penalty kick...

JoG2

What entertainment, well done to both teams. A game that had everything played in front of a huge passionate crowd, but penalties are a cruel way for a team to go out.

Must have been some Sunday drinking going on in here. Feeling thirsty now

Capt Pat

Will there be a lot of suspensions arising from that brawl? The thing is they will only hurt Galway if there are many suspensions. Armagh are out now while Galway have a game in 2 weeks.

armaghniac

Everyone involved in the melee should be suspended from inter county football for the rest of 2022.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general_lee

Great game and atmosphere. Both sets of forwards on top. Armagh are there or thereabouts, just need to fine tune a few aspects especially at the back. Don't think midfield won any of the throw-ins. The sending off seems to have been overshadowed by the argy bargey and the eye-gouging, but it didn't really affect Armagh and they showed great heart in dragging themselves back in, but then lacked composure that could have seen the game out. Galway for me were the better rounded side and deserved their victory, despite the efforts of their GK. Penalties is a shit way to decide a game though.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: armaghniac on June 26, 2022, 08:50:07 PM
Everyone involved in the melee should be suspended from inter county football for the rest of 2022.

;D

imtommygunn

Armagh are not near tight enough marking in defense. Still a bit of improvement required.

As for suspensions that boy who did the eye gouging has his face all over social media so he has been got hook line and sinker.

RadioGAAGAA

Few thoughts.

Replace penalties with next 2 scores in a row wins. All right, it might go on for a while, but better than penalties.

The gouger needs at least 2 years. No need to ban anyone else. Just a few handbags.
i usse an speelchekor