NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

From Michael McMullan on twitter

Here is where the current NFL Division 2 teams have sat over the last 10 years

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Aristo 60

My two 5cents on the above are 1) it must be hard being a derry fan and 2) should Down's record not put them on par with Meath

tbrick18

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 22, 2022, 07:45:41 PM
My two 5cents on the above are 1) it must be hard being a derry fan and 2) should Down's record not put them on par with Meath

It is.
But sure it's hard being a fan of any team that isn't consistently competing at the top.
The hardest thing about being a Derry fan is the years of under-achievement given the quality of players that have passed through the senior ranks. The knowing that we should have done better. There are many reasons why we didn't, but certainly lack of quality players was not one of those reasons, IMO.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 23, 2022, 12:03:08 PM

It is.
But sure it's hard being a fan of any team that isn't consistently competing at the top.
The hardest thing about being a Derry fan is the years of under-achievement given the quality of players that have passed through the senior ranks. The knowing that we should have done better. There are many reasons why we didn't, but certainly lack of quality players was not one of those reasons, IMO.

March 2018, leaving Markievicz Park shell shocked in what was a relegation play off, Div 4 secured! Alot can happen in a few years with the right men in place

Owenmoresider

Quote from: JoG2 on February 23, 2022, 12:58:04 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 23, 2022, 12:03:08 PM

It is.

March 2018, leaving Markievicz Park shell shocked in what was a relegation play off, Div 4 secured! Alot can happen in a few years with the right men in place
By contrast we haven't won a game of any real consequence since that one. Funny how things can turn.

Real Talk

About 20yrs ago we played Clare twice in in 2 years both in Ennis .... one was a re-fixture as game was called off due to heavy snow ... we lost both games i think.   One of them was the same day as Balinderry won the All Ireland Club Championship in Thurles.   

Any word if McFauland and McKinless will be fit to play this Sunday?

Blowitupref

Result in O'Connor Park. Offaly 1-10 Meath 1-10. A Meath goal with the last play of the game grabbed a draw from the jaws of defeat
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Half times

Cork 1-12 Galway 1-12
Down 0-5 Roscommon 1-10

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 26, 2022, 04:12:56 PM
Result in O'Connor Park. Offaly 1-10 Meath 1-10. A Meath goal with the last play of the game grabbed a draw from the jaws of defeat
Drawing with Offaly must be where Meath are at.

bennydorano

Jesus Down are embarrassing themselves here, poor poor stuff.

Blowitupref

Results

Down 0-10 Roscommon 1-18
Cork 2-17 Galway 3-22

thejuice

Meath lucky to get a draw. Last minute goal saved us. Need to pick up a win and another draw at least somewhere or we're going down.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

hoynevalley

Would expect Derry to win well tomorrow. 10 league won in a row and unbeaten in 2 years. Have a very good team this year. Can they go unbeaten again in league this year??

armaghniac

Cork are serious underachievers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Drew with Clare on Celtic Park last time they played I think. Ennis been a tough venue for previous decent Derry teams. Results tonight mean they need win this game.