Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think the keyboard warriors are entitled to their strong views on everything yet a man like Joe Brolly who I Disagree with on a lot of things gets abuse for not fitting some mould of theirs . Wake up and smell the coffee. As I get older I like people who make me think even if I disagree with them.. different mindset but I like it... because the status qui is not to be accepted and need to be called out...

trileacman

Brolly is a schoolboy trapped in a man's body. Had to stop reading his Sindo column with all the shite in it. Endless stories about the "lads". "Night before the sigerson final we went on the lash, I rode miss Ireland and scored 2-5 the next morning. Barney Rock told me i scored the best point he ever seen" etc.

He attracts a crowd of similar minded, infantile syncophants. For the first while he was entertaining but the constant desire for validation is pathetic. I used to find him very annoying but lately I just pity him.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rudi

Quote from: trileacman on August 12, 2023, 04:27:55 PM
Brolly is a schoolboy trapped in a man's body. Had to stop reading his Sindo column with all the shite in it. Endless stories about the "lads". "Night before the sigerson final we went on the lash, I rode miss Ireland and scored 2-5 the next morning. Barney Rock told me i scored the best point he ever seen" etc.

He attracts a crowd of similar minded, infantile syncophants. For the first while he was entertaining but the constant desire for validation is pathetic. I used to find him very annoying but lately I just pity him.

;D that gave me a laugh, rode miss Ireland. He is like Jay out of the inbetweeners.

Wildweasel74

I actually don't think he enjoys Derry going well, it's sorta all lining up for, Derry to fall flat on their face, followed by what players can't cut the mustard. The whole time Gallagher was there he didn't open his mouth.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rudi on August 12, 2023, 04:57:16 PM

;D that gave me a laugh, rode miss Ireland. He is like Jay out of the inbetweeners.

That is exactly  who he's like !!   ;D

But Jay is  entertaining. Brolly isn't.

restorepride

The schoolboy comparison is very apt!! :)  He always wanted to be one of the lads, a 'Sur', but never was.  Pity is probably the correct emotion.

trailer

Quote from: marty34 on August 11, 2023, 03:17:43 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 11:39:08 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 10, 2023, 06:05:16 PM
He's exactly what we need in politics

Is he f**k. We've enough arseholes without him spouting shite.

You seem to have all the answers to everyrhing Trailer.

You'd be an ideal politician!  8)

I'm more suited to being a dictator.

Saffrongael

Constantly retweeting praise by grown men desperate for a pat on the back from Joe, never a good mix
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

restorepride

ck

+1

tbrick18

Quote from: Rudi on August 12, 2023, 04:57:16 PM

He so is. lol.
I like him. I don't always agree with his points and all of his stories are at least exaggerated, but from a footballing analysis pov I always thought he's not too far off.
I do think he's been too outrageous at times, but I also think that's part of the attraction with him.
He does deliberately go on the wind up too and I think a lot of people can't differentiate him trying to make a point and winding people of for the craic, which leads to the wide range of views on him.

I do know for sure, if he wasn't on the scene, we'd have some very bland cliche driven commentators and sure there's no fun in that. Look at Sean Cavanagh ffs.

The Trap

I would love to ask Joe how he gets the time to do everything......he must not need much sleep.
He has a demanding job
He must be an avid reader and keeping himself up to date with current affairs
He obviously loves sport
He loves the craic, a few pints seems to be the norm and a but of riding lol
Does he get hangovers.
Very interesting man who is very persuasive in his opinions.
Don't agree with a lot of things on GAA matters e.g.. Shane MCGuigan and that then makes me second guess his opinions on more serious matters that I don't know much about.....
Love the podcast with Dion.......and I do think he would be a great politician

screenexile

Quote from: The Trap on August 23, 2023, 02:06:25 PM
I would love to ask Joe how he gets the time to do everything......he must not need much sleep.
He has a demanding job
He must be an avid reader and keeping himself up to date with current affairs
He obviously loves sport
He loves the craic, a few pints seems to be the norm and a but of riding lol
Does he get hangovers.
Very interesting man who is very persuasive in his opinions.
Don't agree with a lot of things on GAA matters e.g.. Shane MCGuigan and that then makes me second guess his opinions on more serious matters that I don't know much about.....
Love the podcast with Dion.......and I do think he would be a great politician

He's spoken before about how he is an insomniac and gets very little sleep at all!

seafoid

He is very driven.Plus very talented.
.Keeping up with current affairs is easy compared to other things like being  on top of family life. His job is probably handy enough for him.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Yeah trying to get off Loyalist drug dealers involved in dodgy activity would give a step to you day alright.