Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

bennydorano

Great start but hanging on for dear life now approaching ht at 1-1.

seafoid

Celtic are doing better in the second half and would be even better if Jota could shoot on time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Balls to that. Bar that 20 mins in the first half Celtic have totally bossed it, should have had 3 or 4 goals. Impressive away day performance.

Targetman

That Leipzig team must be poor if Shakhtar put 4 past them, apart from 20 minutes in the first half Celtic totally dominated that game and should have had all3 points, shows the progress thats been made when we're disappointed with a draw away from home in Europe, gonna have to beat Leipzig home and away and Shakhtar at home to give us a chance of progressing.

clarshack

2 dropped points that will most likely prove costly.

seafoid

Second is between Celtic and Shakhtar. The big match is Shakhtar at home.

Main Street

Quote from: Targetman on September 14, 2022, 07:54:28 PM
That Leipzig team must be poor if Shakhtar put 4 past them, apart from 20 minutes in the first half Celtic totally dominated that game and should have had all3 points, shows the progress thats been made when we're disappointed with a draw away from home in Europe, gonna have to beat Leipzig home and away and Shakhtar at home to give us a chance of progressing.
SD scored 4 goals from 5 shots against RBL. There are no easy points in this group.

Sportacus

The Green Brigade banners about the Queen are moronic. 

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

straightred

Its 2 points dropped. The step us to this level is huge and that's 2 games in a row were they didnt take their chances. Should have been 2 up against Madrid. Chances are they still would have lost that game but last night was different. They're still in a great position to finsih 2nd and even 3rd wouldn't be a disaster.

Re: the banner. Isn't enough love being shown for the Michael Fagan banner - i liked that one. The other one not so much but at the same time I get it so i'm not going to pile in. They could have worded it better and still got their point across. The mourne-athon is threatening freedom of speech in a manner not unlike what you'd expect in North Korea.

illdecide

Again like the Real Madrid game i came away so disappointed after the game last night not having won and easily at that, as you all say bar a 15-20 min spell in 1st half Celtic dominated that game and should have scored 4 or 5 goals. On reflection this morning before a ball was kicked in the group we'd probably have accepted that Real would beat us and getting a point away from home was probably more realistic so in that regard we're probably at were we thought we'd be at. In saying all that now that we've played two games and a ball has been kicked this group could and should be looking a whole lot sweeter for Celtic as it is right now.

RB Leipzip had a bad night on their first game and sacked their manager, they're now progressing well and will be extremely difficult to beat, I won't be surprised if they challenge for 2nd spot before the group is over. Real struggled to beat them last night and Celtic will get it tight against them too.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general_lee

Really disappointed after that. Celtic are good enough at this level to compete, but the finishing is awful. You'd have put your house on Giakoumakis putting that away, and him in the first half sulking on the bench because he didn't start... while Leipzig are no slouches I'd still be targeting 6 points in the next two games.

Main Street

It took a while for RM to put the game away against RBL, hopefully  they'll win their next 3 games.
I think the fixtures are good for Celtic. The first game against Europe's best, set the standard of performance.
The next 2 home games will be humdingers, at least Celtic should get a better head to head record against both those teams.
And the last game  in Madrid will be against an already crowned group winner.

seafoid

Celtic will have to score more goals to proceed. Rangers are also struggling in this department.

general_lee

2-0 defeat away to st mirren. Starting team raised a few eyebrows, rightly so. That's piss poor