All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 28, 2017, 01:55:57 PM
Whats the precedent of a team losing 4 finals in 6 years? 😂

Jimmy White lost 6 finals. Andy Moran will have lost 6 finals as a Mayo panelist if they lose this year (lost 5 on field of play and one as injured member)

Syferus

If Keith Duggan isn't currently writing a much expanded version of House of Pain I'll be severely disappointed.

mayo.mick

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2017, 04:51:48 PM
If Mayo get the heads right I think they can beat Dublin.

you think they don't have their heads right now?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

mrhardyannual

If you think you are going to be beaten then you will be. Sporting history is replete with tales of champions who were unbeatable until they were beaten. I don't know if Mayo will beat Dublin but going on the last few years I don't see much between them. Mayo are stronger this year than they have ever been with a very settled side. Dublin have breezed through the championship and haven't yet been pushed. The unknowable is whether they are as good as their results indicate or if they are not as good under pressure. I think Mayo are in the better place as they will be huge underdogs, will be unaffected by the hype around the match and will not be unduly bothered if things go wrong early in a game . Dublin on the other hand are on a hiding to nothing. The "3 in a row" pressure will build, they have not settled on their best 15 and that will create tensions and while their bench is formidable, if they have to come off the bench to turn a game rather than to colour the end of a one-sided game the pressure will be all the greater. There are other factors like weather and ref that can have a huge bearing. I'm hoping for a thunder and lightning final with a deluge of rain and plenty of wind. I don't care what the quality of the match is  only "To win just Once". The optimism I have felt all season is as strong as ever. A fighter's chance.

APM

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2017, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:30:00 PM

Could be worse if you were stuck on 1 solitary AI win like Armagh. Shameful that a county that calls itself a footballing won could sit in the roll of honour basement!   ;D

Could be worse. Your county could have just got drubbed in an AI SF after boasting how they were the only team who could take down the dubs

Nah mate. Your ONE AI win coupled with being the toilet-brush of Ulster football is utterly humiliating. Not a single win in Ulster in 3 years of trying for McGeeney.  Getting fucked over by every team in Ulster as well as by Tyrone and Down in one season caps it all.  #ThePatheticOrchard

Poor little pet! Obviously a wee bit sore after the drubbing yesterday. 

moysider

A Mayo win would be a bigger upset than Donegal in '92.

heffo

Are Mayo going to start the rough stuff again before throw in?

Will Big Aido & Cillian be hanging around outside the Dublin dressing room looking to 'upskuttle' someone?

Syferus

As opposed to choir boys like Copper and Boxer McMahon?

AOS is a diver but he's as soft a big lad as you'll find.

thewobbler

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

I dunno. They're 11/4 with the bookies and -3 on the handicap. They were similar odds to beat Kerry a fortnight ago. Matches with those odds tend to go to the final quarter.

Bookies do get it wrong sometimes but they'd appear to hesitant at offering a big risk on Mayo here.

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2017, 06:45:32 PM
As opposed to choir boys like Copper and Boxer McMahon?

AOS is a diver but he's as soft a big lad as you'll find.

Who's Copper?

It's funny cos it's untrue about Big Aido upskuttling.

PW Nally

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2017, 06:43:09 PM

Will Big Aido & Cillian be hanging around outside the Dublin dressing room looking to 'upskuttle' someone?
3 weeks to go and the inevitable snide condescending Heffo comments start. How's about we all agree you win the bitch comment competition and a bout of football discussion breaks out?

heffo

Quote from: PW Nally on August 28, 2017, 06:47:58 PM

How's about we all agree you win the bitch comment competition and a bout of football discussion breaks out?

Yes, can we get the banker out of the way now.

1. This Dublin team is overrated.

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2017, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 28, 2017, 02:30:00 PM

Could be worse if you were stuck on 1 solitary AI win like Armagh. Shameful that a county that calls itself a footballing won could sit in the roll of honour basement!   ;D

Could be worse. Your county could have just got drubbed in an AI SF after boasting how they were the only team who could take down the dubs

Nah mate. Your ONE AI win coupled with being the toilet-brush of Ulster football is utterly humiliating. Not a single win in Ulster in 3 years of trying for McGeeney.  Getting fucked over by every team in Ulster as well as by Tyrone and Down in one season caps it all.  #ThePatheticOrchard

It still hurts the next day doesn't it? It won't go away for a while mate. Believe me. We have experience

Crete Boom

As soon as the Dubs are finished their annual whinghfest about Keegan ;)
Maybe Rochford should stick the no 5 Jersey on Rob Hennelly since the all knowledgeable Dubs would think him banished to the bench!!
I bet they still cheer Whelo on the Hill after every catch and Jayo is still knocking the points over a good decade into retirement!! ;D
Number 14 is probably still a greedy bollix too!! ;D

Mayo4Sam

It was hilarious the hill not recognising St. Dermo

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me