NFL Division Four 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Bad day at the office for Cavan. The ref was terrible, thought he denied us a clear penalty in injury time. The wind seemed to die in the second half when it was at our backs. We spurned 4 excellent goal opportunities. We should still beat at least 1 of London and Waterford to get promoted.

tippabu

Quote from: Westside on March 13, 2022, 07:59:47 PM
Bad day at the office for Cavan. The ref was terrible, thought he denied us a clear penalty in injury time. The wind seemed to die in the second half when it was at our backs. We spurned 4 excellent goal opportunities. We should still beat at least 1 of London and Waterford to get promoted.

Fair to say from our side it was shock win yesterday. I didnt think 4 points was enough at half time given the wind and goal to leave it a 1 point made it look like it would be a cakewalk 2nd half for ye. The standard has falling away alot from previous league and championship games between ourselves. There were a few strange calls from the ref alright, wouldnt say it favoured one team over the other though. Black card seemed harsh and 2nd half Tipp were pulled up for a free where there wasnt enough distance between the players, maybe I'm wrong but that was given as a cavan free and easy score, Surely should have been throw ball? We definitely rode our luck, mixture of poor finishing and a great save stopped ye getting goals which would have turned the game. 3 points the 2nd half from yourselves with the wind was an awful return. Teams usually liable to shockers in the league and that seems to have been yers, ye are still guarenteed promotion. Im not counting any chickens just yet in terms of our chances but yesterday has put us in a great position

Itchy

Quote from: tippabu on March 14, 2022, 07:11:13 AM
Quote from: Westside on March 13, 2022, 07:59:47 PM

Fair to say from our side it was shock win yesterday. I didnt think 4 points was enough at half time given the wind and goal to leave it a 1 point made it look like it would be a cakewalk 2nd half for ye. The standard has falling away alot from previous league and championship games between ourselves. There were a few strange calls from the ref alright, wouldnt say it favoured one team over the other though. Black card seemed harsh and 2nd half Tipp were pulled up for a free where there wasnt enough distance between the players, maybe I'm wrong but that was given as a cavan free and easy score, Surely should have been throw ball? We definitely rode our luck, mixture of poor finishing and a great save stopped ye getting goals which would have turned the game. 3 points the 2nd half from yourselves with the wind was an awful return. Teams usually liable to shockers in the league and that seems to have been yers, ye are still guarenteed promotion. Im not counting any chickens just yet in terms of our chances but yesterday has put us in a great position

Ye were full value for the win. Even though we can say we had 4 goal chances that doesnt change the fact we were shocking bad and in fairness we deserved to be more behind at half time. Hard to see ye drop points from now in which is really hard luck on Leitrim and Sligo who probably will have another year in Div 4.

Westside

Yeah Tipp full value for that win. Set up perfectly and played the conditions very well. If the most likely scenario plays out and we meet again in Croker, be interested to see how it plays out.

sligoman2

Quote from: Westside on March 14, 2022, 01:50:49 PM
Yeah Tipp full value for that win. Set up perfectly and played the conditions very well. If the most likely scenario plays out and we meet again in Croker, be interested to see how it plays out.

Thanks a lot Cavan ------------
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Horse Box

Thought we were superb yesterday , fought like Dogs . Missed a decent goal chance near the end to wrap it up . Tipp v Cavan in Croker , firm sod and a dry ball would be a decent game . I`m not dismissing Carlow and London though , we have to maintain momentum !

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on March 14, 2022, 03:20:51 PM

Thought we were superb yesterday , fought like Dogs . Missed a decent goal chance near the end to wrap it up . Tipp v Cavan in Croker , firm sod and a dry ball would be a decent game . I`m not dismissing Carlow and London though , we have to maintain momentum !

I wasnt at the Wexford game but I was told our performance in that was worse than our Leitrim and Waterford games, miricale we won. Carlow and London are far from bankers. I know youre saying the exact same but we arent the team of the last decade. Very premature to be talking about croke park just yet. With Leitrim and Sligo playing each other in the last match I dont think other than two wins will be good enough to go up.

sligoman2

Quote from: Horse Box on March 14, 2022, 03:20:51 PM

Well if it's any consolation we beat Carlow and London by about 40 points in total...  I would be shocked (but not sad) if ye were to drop points in either match..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

The PRO

This Tipperary v London game next weekend needs to be moved from Saturday to Sunday.
The whole integrity of the Division depends on it.

Dreadnought

Quote from: The PRO on March 21, 2022, 01:50:50 PM
This Tipperary v London game next weekend needs to be moved from Saturday to Sunday.

It should. But does it matter? Might be a thing for London lads to get back in time as later Sunday throw ins can mess them up. It's in Tipps hands either way, as it's dependant on them losing or drawing to allow Sligo/Leitrim a chance. So doesn't matter when it's played as it's this game which determines things...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: The PRO on March 21, 2022, 01:50:50 PM

Very difficult for them to move a game involving London, would be very costly for them to do so at this late stage.

There's no relegation in the division and if Tipp win their up.

Dreadnought

Matches being changed now. Cavan Waterford game moved to 6pm Saturday. That's poor on Waterford supporters to get back down the country with a game finishing around 8pm

Rossfan

I wouldn't think Waterford football team have many supporters.
Did Waterford CB ask for it to be moved to avoid a clash with Hurley stuff on Sunday?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

What has happened with Carlow? They were on the up not that long ago.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2022, 12:10:54 PM
What has happened with Carlow? They were on the up not that long ago.
Turlough O'Brien was arguably getting the best out of them. Things became stale he left along with coach Poacher.