Cures and Charms

Started by Tony Baloney, January 08, 2024, 10:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Load of balls? Only for simpletons?

This wife's hairdresser told her to treat a wart on the young fellas hand by cutting a potato into quarters, rubbing the potato on the wart, driving to a crossroads and then throwing each quarter up each road at the crossroads.  :o

I think we'll just get it burned off at the surgery!

AustinPowers

A relative of  ours did that to me once. Cut the spud in half, rub  it 
 on the warts and bury it. Seemed to work. Not sure how long after like , but they  did disappear.

So I dunno, might be  something in it

Armagh18

7th son of a 7th son. Laugh away but they work.

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 08, 2024, 10:48:24 PM7th son of a 7th son. Laugh away but they work.

Would they get Armagh to win Ulster or are you saying McGeeney is a 7th son of a 7th sin?

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 08, 2024, 10:42:01 PMLoad of balls? Only for simpletons?

This wife's hairdresser told her to treat a wart on the young fellas hand by cutting a potato into quarters, rubbing the potato on the wart, driving to a crossroads and then throwing each quarter up each road at the crossroads.  :o

I think we'll just get it burned off at the surgery!

Had this cure put on me for warts when I was 11 or 12 I think. Had to put them in a brown paper bag and throw them over my sholder into a field somewhere where I was most likely not destined to retravel again.

EDIT: It wasn't just anyone could do it, had to go to a lady for the cure.

Heap of shite, ended up having them frozen/burned off by the GP

ONeill

Any good cures out there for baldness?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jell 0 Biafra

I hear if you walk out during a full moon in the rain, and...

Nah, I just can't.

quit yo jibbajabba

Warts - I just ate mine. Never did me any harm 🤔🥴🥴😜

bennydorano

The credence this nonsense gets baffles me. There's a lot of people who would fall out with you to for pointing out the nonsense. I think Armagh City is a hotbed for it as well.

Eamonnca1

Load of superstitious woo-woo boll**x.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 08, 2024, 11:33:21 PMThe credence this nonsense gets baffles me. There's a lot of people who would fall our with you for pointing out the nonsense. I think Armagh City is a hotbed for it as well.
This was Armagh.

jcpen

I had Shingles as a kid, my dad brought me to some faith healer to cure them.
No doubt they would have went away on their own but sure he was only doing what he thought was right.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on January 08, 2024, 10:53:32 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 08, 2024, 10:48:24 PM7th son of a 7th son. Laugh away but they work.

Would they get Armagh to win Ulster or are you saying McGeeney is a 7th son of a 7th sin?
Alright they work they ain't magic!!

seafoid

We used to live in India and we had a driver.  One day he told me that his son had chicken pox.  So I asked him if he was going to bring him to the doctor.

No. The cure was to eat a lentil day and do a puja to the Goddess Durga at the Temple for 50 rupees. If you don't do the puja the chicken pox cannot be cured.
The guy at the Temple told him that the puja would cure the chicken pox in 10 days. It goes away anyway after a week.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

God14

When i was about 9 years old i had maybe 8 or 9 warts, across both my hands. A couple of real stubborn ones, and various smaller newer ones. I had been to the GP and been applying salytic acid type creams on them for a good while without success
Anyhow my mum took me to see an elderly lady who had the cure for warts. I had to bring a potatoe with me and go into her house alone. I was warned not to say thank you. The lady cut the potatoe into pieces and said a prayer and placed the potatoe into a napkin. I was out of her house within a minute, she told me to bury the potatoe, which i did in my own back garden. Honestly the warts were gone within a fortnight. They started to shrink within a couple of days, the colour changed, and gradually the skin just sort of flaked off

Id be very sceptical about faith healers, but i can only describe my own experience. It definitely worked.