Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2023, 11:31:10 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2023, 11:17:15 AM
You can justify Mayo being above Kerry by the fact they have beaten Kerry!

I would have Roscommon on that top 6 as well tbrick.

So would I but he only picked 5.
The 3 games in successive weeks for those who don't top the groups will be a killer!

Group table toppers will all be strong favourites to win their All Ireland Quarter finals.  3 games in 14 days will even take loads out of Kerry and will need to be lucky with injuries with a schedule like that.   

Armamike

Quote from: illdecide on June 05, 2023, 03:35:51 PM
Some wind ups and lads falling for it too...Bottom line is both teams played poor but can play much better and usually when they play other teams out of Ulster they perform much better. Armagh are prob in the top 10 but not nowhere near the top 5, Tyrone similar but def a bit closer to top 5 than Armagh (6-7). For me the All Ireland winners will be from one of Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Galway and Derry but that is not in order just my top 5 which i'm sure 99% of people will have the same top 5. The next batch from 5-10 is Rossies, Tyrone, Armagh, Monaghan and Donegal.

Until the GAA change the rules this defensive style will remain, too many teams setting up to contain the opposition rather than going for the win. I said to the Tyrone lad standing beside me when RON got sent off "Why don't Tyrone push their spare man up into Armagh's forward line" that'll certainly ask questions of them and any team for that matter. No one has the Town Halls to do it in case it back fires...It very rarely will.

Rather than rules changes as being the answer all the time does it not just need a visionary coach/manager to introduce a new style to counteract the scourge?  Rather than mirror the opposition, introduce something different and get the players physically and tactically right. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

tyrone08

Majority of the issue comes down to coaching. The last 10 years have seen a dramatic rise in strength and conditioning coaches etc instead of actual football coaches. Best example of this is the lack of quality defenders who can take the ball of their man instead of relying on mass defence.

Players now wildly swing their arms at the hope of getting the ball instead of timing their tackle for during the solo or the bounce.

Mcgeary is a perfect example of a modern day coach who relies too much on gym work and systems rather coaching the basics.

trailer

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 05, 2023, 04:08:39 PM
Majority of the issue comes down to coaching. The last 10 years have seen a dramatic rise in strength and conditioning coaches etc instead of actual football coaches. Best example of this is the lack of quality defenders who can take the ball of their man instead of relying on mass defence.

Players now wildly swing their arms at the hope of getting the ball instead of timing their tackle for during the solo or the bounce.

Mcgeary is a perfect example of a modern day coach who relies too much on gym work and systems rather coaching the basics.

No County player should need to be coached the basics.
The game evolves. It will evolve again. No other sport seems to be as fascinated with rule changes.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 05:10:22 PM

The game evolves. It will evolve again. No other sport seems to be as fascinated with rule changes.
Rugby isn't much better
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

I do have wonder what they coach, coaching a tackle from 12, it was tackle with 1 hand and keep the other out, now county players seem to come in frailing with slaps all over the man, with little direction in trying to hit the ball to dislodge.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 05, 2023, 06:05:18 PM
I do have wonder what they coach, coaching a tackle from 12, it was tackle with 1 hand and keep the other out, now county players seem to come in frailing with slaps all over the man, with little direction in trying to hit the ball to dislodge.

1 on 1 maybe, but if there's 3/4 of them doing at once, man in possession gets punished.

tyrone08

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 05:10:22 PM

Of course they do. Alot of county players still can't tackle right and some of them can't kick basic scores at times.

tyrone08

Fully agree. It's now a case that of if I slap a man 50 times I'm bound to win the ball instead of 1 clean tackle.

trailer

McConville (who I actually quite like) claiming Rian O'Neill (his nephew) needs protection from refs. Have a day off Oisin.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 10:17:45 PM
McConville (who I actually quite like) claiming Rian O'Neill (his nephew) needs protection from refs. Have a day off Oisin.

I believe Armagh are going to appeal this? The ban should be doubled in duration of they do. About time they took their medicine and stopped playing the victim

marty34

Do underage coaches ever coach the tackle?
At Go Games all I hear from the coaches is hand in, hand out but looking at the wee lad slapping intently with both hands...that he doesn't understand what hand in, hand out actually means.

naka

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 10:17:45 PM
Read the quote he said
He said the better forwards should be protected
Which they aren't !!!!!
O Neill , Canavan , Clifford ,Walsh etc all
Take serious abuse

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2023, 02:55:46 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 05, 2023, 12:34:20 PM
Any word on Rian O'Neill's impending ban?

It would be 8-12 weeks if he was a Tyrone player. Armagh will probably appeal and get it overturned.

dry your eyes ffs

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on June 05, 2023, 03:35:51 PM
Some wind ups and lads falling for it too...Bottom line is both teams played poor but can play much better and usually when they play other teams out of Ulster they perform much better. Armagh are prob in the top 10 but not nowhere near the top 5, Tyrone similar but def a bit closer to top 5 than Armagh (6-7). For me the All Ireland winners will be from one of Kerry, Dublin, Mayo, Galway and Derry but that is not in order just my top 5 which i'm sure 99% of people will have the same top 5. The next batch from 5-10 is Rossies, Tyrone, Armagh, Monaghan and Donegal.

Until the GAA change the rules this defensive style will remain, too many teams setting up to contain the opposition rather than going for the win. I said to the Tyrone lad standing beside me when RON got sent off "Why don't Tyrone push their spare man up into Armagh's forward line" that'll certainly ask questions of them and any team for that matter. No one has the Town Halls to do it in case it back fires...It very rarely will.

the pick of armagh and tyrone wouldnt be close to an AI