Started by Blowitupref, May 26, 2023, 07:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfetones

Quote from: straightred on May 28, 2023, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Wolfetones on May 28, 2023, 07:56:07 PM
Cast iron penalty not given there.
missed a few mins. Who for?

Thought draw was about right. I'd expect these keepers to save a few

Derry. Penalties very harsh on 16 and 17 year old.

Main Street

Quote from: Wolfetones on May 28, 2023, 08:06:19 PM

Impossible  to see on the tv coverage if it was cast iron or not.

Schkite

I suppose at least Monaghan have had a bit of practice at the penalties. Tough way to lose a final for a young lad though

Wildweasel74

G what a bunch of teenage w**ks behind the goal

Harold Disgracey

Main Street

All round it was a great final, no shame for Derry to have to win it on a penalty shoot out :)

Monaghan have made up a lot of ground since their hammering last time out v Derry.

Estimator

Derry minors missed all 5 of their penalties that they were awarded this year.
Ulster League Champions 2009

larryin89

When will venues be announced for qf s? double header in breffni for connacht v ulster ones?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Wolfetones

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 28, 2023, 08:13:40 PM
G what a bunch of teenage w**ks behind the goal

You must have been some craic growing up

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wolfetones on May 28, 2023, 08:06:19 PM

Harsh at all levels in inter county football however it's cruel on teens though at least Monaghan are still in the All Ireland competition

OakLeaf

The referee kept Monaghan in that game. Some shockers

DhoireTheas

Martin O'Neill still talks about the penalty he missed for the minors in the 1970 All Ireland semi final.

I find it hard to get interested in minor football especially now that they are only 16 and 17. I think the very small attendance shows that some people feel the same.

marty34

Quote from: DhoireTheas on May 29, 2023, 02:38:05 AM
Martin O'Neill still talks about the penalty he missed for the minors in the 1970 All Ireland semi final.

I find it hard to get interested in minor football especially now that they are only 16 and 17. I think the very small attendance shows that some people feel the same.

Be interesting to see how many of these players, from bith sides, have a prolonged inter-county career at senior level.

Out of the, say 40 lads, it could be very minimal.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: marty34 on May 29, 2023, 07:29:20 AM
Quote from: DhoireTheas on May 29, 2023, 02:38:05 AM

Be interesting to see how many of these players, from bith sides, have a prolonged inter-county career at senior level.

Out of the, say 40 lads, it could be very minimal.

Was thinking the same post game and I'd say possibly 2 from Derry and maybe 4-5 from Monaghan. Monaghan looked to have the bigger more athletic players whereas Derry were better footballers.

straightred

Quote from: OakLeaf on May 28, 2023, 11:50:08 PM
The referee kept Monaghan in that game. Some shockers
Jesus wept. The paranoia in derry transfers from the seniors to the minors i see. Is this the same ref that disallowed what looked like a perfect Monaghan goal early in the 2nd half?
Maybe if there's a ref among so we could clear that up. The forward was clearly outside the line when the keeper kicked the kickout. The forward gained possession inside the line so the ball didn't travel the full 13m. What's the rule here, does the ball need to travel 13m before a player from either team can touch it?
https://twitter.com/GAAKeeperCoach/status/1662881020515962881