NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

We are tripping over ourselves to make the other side favourites.  How typically GAA. :D
That's just, like your opinion man.

Taylor

Quote from: Armamike on March 22, 2023, 11:09:40 AM
We are tripping over ourselves to make the other side favourites.  How typically GAA. :D

No way - we are deservedly favourites.

Mind you I envisage an absolute borefest given what I have seen of Armagh lately

square_ball

I'd make Tyrone fairly warm favourites to be honest based on performances in the last few weeks. Armagh have been in awful from what I have seen of them and not knowing how to use their best players and we seemed to have got our act together in terms of how we are set up particularly defensively.

armaghniac

Quote from: square_ball on March 22, 2023, 11:41:35 AM
I'd make Tyrone fairly warm favourites to be honest based on performances in the last few weeks. Armagh have been in awful from what I have seen of them and not knowing how to use their best players and we seemed to have got our act together in terms of how we are set up particularly defensively.

That is the point. What happened last year is neither here nor there. Last weekend, Tyrone have obviously got their act together and Armagh have not. Perhaps in June or July Armagh will have their act together, but it is difficult to see them doing so in a week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Can't see anything other than an Armagh win unfortunately. They have far more to play for and are due a good performance.

Armagh by 4.

smort

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 22, 2023, 11:47:36 AM
Can't see anything other than an Armagh win unfortunately. They have far more to play for and are due a good performance.

Armagh by 4.

Is this Tyrone yerra?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Will be some craic when news filters through from Castlebar that Monaghan are two up, and Armagh two down going into injury time :-)

Armagh18

Quote from: balladmaker on March 22, 2023, 12:00:15 PM
Will be some craic when news filters through from Castlebar that Monaghan are two up, and Armagh two down going into injury time :-)
And then big Raff buries one in the top corner ;).

Looking like division 2 for us next year. Maybe do no harm, get a few wins together and decent chance at silverware.

naka

trust me there is nothing more that i would want to see than Armagh beating our neighbours

yellowcard

Interesting to see Tyrone fans turning into Kerry fans prior to this match with all of the talking up the opposition. I expect a reaction to all of the criticism from Armagh this Sunday with survival on the line and what better way to do it than to beat Tyrone in Omagh.

That said I think Tyrone will edge this one as well, if they can't beat an Armagh side who have stunk the place out in recent weeks then it doesn't say much for their championship fortunes. 

Redhand Santa

Maybe it show's how far Armagh have come that they are getting so much criticism based on this year. If you look at the results- they beat Monaghan and Donegal (two counties that had been well ahead of Armagh in earlier years) and drew with Mayo (only them and Galway got anywhere close to Mayo). They lost to last year's All Ireland champions by a point and the runners up by 2 points. These results were achieved despite a long injury list. The only really bad result was the Roscommon one and they also beat Tyrone around the same time.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 22, 2023, 12:05:45 PM

Looking like division 2 for us next year. Maybe do no harm, get a few wins together and decent chance at silverware.
Armagh should be fine as long as it doesn't go to penalties
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armamike

Quote from: Taylor on March 22, 2023, 11:23:50 AM

No way - we are deservedly favourites.

Mind you I envisage an absolute borefest given what I have seen of Armagh lately

The Tyrone bravado is back! Fair play to you.  I agree, you are deservedly favourites.
That's just, like your opinion man.

balladmaker

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 22, 2023, 12:05:45 PM

In fairness, he looks like the only Armagh player likely to bury one in the top corner this year ... and that says alot.