Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: Square Ball on March 04, 2023, 11:27:29 AM
Quote from: marty34 on March 04, 2023, 10:38:04 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 04, 2023, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 03, 2023, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 03, 2023, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 03, 2023, 09:39:48 AM
Nolan cutting the line off on Matthew O'Toole this morning, and loyalist paramilitary representatives on tv last night for as long as they like.  BBC need to catch a grip.

Ridiculous. A lot of complaints headed into the BBC off the back of it. Nolan should be hauled in front of the Editorial bosses to explain himself.

What happened??
Along these lines: MO'T says big David Campbell's appearance on The View was sinister.  Nolan says don't be casting aspersions on Campbell.  MO'T says well ok, but I think we all know the craic.  And Nolan cuts him off quick as a flash.  Couldn't wait to get showing him who is boss. 

Not right in my opinion.  O'Toole has a mandate and it's valid for him to be on the airwaves. Campbell shouldn't be anywhere near a studio, and if he was theres only one question - when are the drug dealers leaving.

SDLP should boycott Nolan now. Simple as.

Everyone should boycott him.
Nolan pushes an agenda which is not constructive
People should not give him a profile

imtommygunn

If it wasn't for him the likes of Bryson wouldn't have a profile. I wouldn't go near the nolan show but it's influential and is not in any way constructive for this place at all. It gives voices to people who if they were in a bar you wouldn't entertain. Tbh it's dangerous.

Why isn't he asking questions of the likes of your man Campbell who is a sinister being.

balladmaker

Everyone has an agenda, Nolan is no different.  The problem is the platform he has and whether he likes it or not, he is destructive.  Needs taken off the air given the lack of editorial balance and his apparent agenda to only further a unionist/loyalist cause.  All nationalists should boycott him,  I think his handling of Mathew O'Toole yesterday will be a watershed moment for Nolan.

marty34

Quote from: Square Ball on March 04, 2023, 11:27:29 AM
Quote from: marty34 on March 04, 2023, 10:38:04 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 04, 2023, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 03, 2023, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 03, 2023, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 03, 2023, 09:39:48 AM
Nolan cutting the line off on Matthew O'Toole this morning, and loyalist paramilitary representatives on tv last night for as long as they like.  BBC need to catch a grip.

Ridiculous. A lot of complaints headed into the BBC off the back of it. Nolan should be hauled in front of the Editorial bosses to explain himself.

What happened??
Along these lines: MO'T says big David Campbell's appearance on The View was sinister.  Nolan says don't be casting aspersions on Campbell.  MO'T says well ok, but I think we all know the craic.  And Nolan cuts him off quick as a flash.  Couldn't wait to get showing him who is boss. 

Not right in my opinion.  O'Toole has a mandate and it's valid for him to be on the airwaves. Campbell shouldn't be anywhere near a studio, and if he was theres only one question - when are the drug dealers leaving.

SDLP should boycott Nolan now. Simple as.

Everyone should boycott him.

No, nationalists should.

He has Bryson and Angry Jim on regularly.

SDLP need to cut their links with him.

seafoid

Allister wants Jim Crow in the North. No uppity Taigs becoming First Minister. He is insane
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Sf allister is just saying what some of the rest of them are thinking. At least he says it.

AustinPowers

Quote from: balladmaker on March 04, 2023, 01:20:34 PM
Everyone has an agenda, Nolan is no different.  The problem is the platform he has and whether he likes it or not, he is destructive.  Needs taken off the air given the lack of editorial balance and his apparent agenda to only further a unionist/loyalist cause.  All nationalists should boycott him,  I think his handling of Mathew O'Toole yesterday will be a watershed moment for Nolan.

Does Nolan set  the agenda/topic/discussion on his  shows? Or is  there a team above him who dictate the topics?

Main Street

Quote from: dec on March 03, 2023, 10:31:33 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2023, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 03, 2023, 07:36:50 PM
https://ft.com/content/abc098e2-6529-44e8-9365-ef0a1ba70194
And, beneath it all, is the Unionists' conviction that they are losing every battle. The Brexit they backed to loosen links to the Irish Republic has instead weakened ties with the UK.
Perhaps you should change your username to Paywall?

Just how many members here do you think have a FT subscription?

If someone erects a 10ft wall just use a 12ft ladder https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fabc098e2-6529-44e8-9365-ef0a1ba70194
Thanks.
Though that's strange, I had tried the ladder link bypass but it didn't work,    message  -Request timed out try again later .
Your working ladder link contains 2Fwww.ft.com
my ladder link has  2Fft.com

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 04, 2023, 01:48:42 PM
Sf allister is just saying what some of the rest of them are thinking. At least he says it.

Yip, Poots was holding his nose when in office with SF, Arlene and her crocodiles statement..

some hide it better than others, but it's there nonetheless

seafoid

8 reasons the DUP are in this hole

There is no political advantage in grasping reality if your voters don't (Jim Allister is also at it)
After correcting for birth, power goes to the people most committed to getting it. •
An inability to admit past error
If your genuine beliefs contradict reality, deny reality
Denying reality proves your fanaticism to other fanatics.
Laziness
Stupidity
Ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 04, 2023, 01:58:42 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 04, 2023, 01:20:34 PM

Does Nolan set  the agenda/topic/discussion on his  shows? Or is  there a team above him who dictate the topics?

I'm sure they have production meetings where they agree on topics to cover ... the problem is Nolan is live at the mic, how he handles issues is on him, and his bias is obvious for all to see.  I understand when he has to tow the legal line in the BBC and move discussions away from possible litigation, however he does let a very pro-unionist/loyalist view point come through in his questioning time and again.

Main Street

I have just listened to the earlier discussed  March 3rd Nolan show where Matthew O'Toole was cancelled by Nolan in midstream saying that stuff about Campbell, ironic considering Nolan had just made mention of the freedom of speech which allows loyalists groups to mouth off their threats of violence.
It's a blatant obvious ploy straight from the handbook of the parliamentary unionist party of the day , 'we're not violent,  we don't support violence, but if our 7 demands are not met there are these mad loyalist thugs who will create mayhem this summer'.
Implication is, support our demands or else. That is the text book definition of a politician being sinister.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2023, 08:27:35 PM
I have just listened to the earlier discussed  March 3rd Nolan show where Matthew O'Toole was cancelled by Nolan in midstream saying that stuff about Campbell, ironic considering Nolan had just made mention of the freedom of speech which allows loyalists groups to mouth off their threats of violence.
It's a blatant obvious ploy straight from the handbook of the parliamentary unionist party of the day , 'we're not violent,  we don't support violence, but if our 7 demands are not met there are these mad loyalist thugs who will create mayhem this summer'.
Implication is, support our demands or else. That is the text book definition of a politician being sinister.

Anybody know has tthe SDLP went back on Nolan since that?

Sportacus

Quote from: marty34 on March 07, 2023, 08:34:57 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2023, 08:27:35 PM

Anybody know has tthe SDLP went back on Nolan since that?
They put out a statement criticising BBC and asking them to clarify their editorial position.

trueblue1234

Poor Jim, his old friend RDE has forsaken him and endorsed the new agreement. Will she now be a target along with King Charles.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit