Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

From watching the game yesterday, Tyrone should have another good talent pool coming through over the next 5 years. For some, yesterday was their everest, but there is definitely numerous lads who should have ambitions of kicking on.

Delighted with the three schools winning at the three levels. It shows you how much football clearly means to young lads in the county. Digging deeper at senior football in the schools, The Academy made the semi final and could have made the final, St Ciarans seemed to have a major off year but history has them always being competitive and Strabane were beaten after Extra Time by the team that got to the final against The Dean. I'm not sure how other schools got on in lower levels (as I complained before, the advertising of fixtures and results is shocking by Ulster Colleges), but overall Tyrone should be in a very good place over the coming years - so long as the right people can harvest the talent.

square_ball

Whats the thoughts on the weekend then? I'd be fairly confident of taking the 2 points back up the road. Galway without Comer and Walsh are a totally different team and I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't beat them without those 2 men. 2 wins out of 3 would be a decent return at this stage of the league. 

clarshack

clarshack

That's at least 3 games in the last 12 months we have had the wind in the 2nd half and we hadn't a clue how to use it.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: clarshack on February 19, 2023, 03:03:28 PM
Midfield has gone awol.

Whole team has gone awol here. Similar to the Roscommon game in that Tyrone played well against the wind then started the second-half strongly and had the game in their hands, then fell apart. Terrible decision making, lack of composure and lack of leadership.

I did suspect that the Donegal win was greatly down to Donegal being awful on the day but hoped it might be a confidence booster for us and something to build on, but apparently not. It's still early enough in the season but very hard to see reasons for optimism here I'm afraid.

God14

Travelling home here, hateful journey after a bad performance.
The thought struck me at the end there, we are a very passive characterless side. You'd think a panel littered with underage success, Ulster senior championships and an all ireland would have a bit more character, nous, skill and fight. Its just not there.

square_ball

Quote from: square_ball on February 15, 2023, 08:48:55 AM
Whats the thoughts on the weekend then? I'd be fairly confident of taking the 2 points back up the road. Galway without Comer and Walsh are a totally different team and I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't beat them without those 2 men. 2 wins out of 3 would be a decent return at this stage of the league.

Yip very disappointed to be beaten by a Galway team missing Walsh and Comer. A 3 point defeat flattered us and to be honest I can't see this being turned around. Benefit of the doubt was given last year but too many players out of form for a full year now and showing zero sign of it coming back. Throwing on Canavan having played yesterday for u20s was a desperate throw of the dice. Our defending has become a serious weak point. Either the attacker gets through for a shot or he is fouled.

Jim Bob

Quote from: scout on February 19, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 05, 2023, 06:32:30 PM
Quote from: scout on January 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Sooner we get rid of Logan & dooher the better.

Why's that ?

That's why jimbob

You haven't slept for a fortnight waiting to post that response. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

scout

Not atal, you lost the run over a victory over a terrible
Donegal side, who once again were well beat today. Crazy if you expect anything different next week away to Mayo, then Kerry (who will have be up a gear or 2 by then)

Jim Bob

Quote from: scout on February 19, 2023, 05:16:25 PM
Not atal, you lost the run over a victory over a terrible
Donegal side, who once again were well beat today. Crazy if you expect anything different next week away to Mayo, then Kerry (who will have be up a gear or 2 by then)

You waited a fortnight 🤣🤣 I'd forgotten I'd posted that.

God14

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 19, 2023, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: scout on February 19, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on February 05, 2023, 06:32:30 PM
Quote from: scout on January 29, 2023, 03:16:13 PM
Sooner we get rid of Logan & dooher the better.

Why's that ?

That's why jimbob

You haven't slept for a fortnight waiting to post that response. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He is right though

We have better footballers than Derry for example, but they will beat us this year, handily. Why is that?

An Watcher

Only seen bits n pieces but galway looked as though they dominated midfield.  That was OK back in the day when we had no big lads.  Now we do have we should be doing better.  Am I being harsh as I didn't see the whole game?

inroundthesquare

Hampsey was marking Tierney for two marked kickouts in the second half when Kilpatrick, Kennedy and Oguz were all on the field.

tyrone08

Poor result overall. Defending and tackling in general let us down. Kennedy and Con seem too focused on stopping the opposition players from winning the kickout rather than winning it themselves. Amount of fouls they do generally on kick outs is silly.

However in saying the above tyrone had about 3 very good goal chances and didn't take any of them due to poor handling. Same as roscommon game. They could have easily won both those games.

I hope these issus will sort themselves out in the better weather.