Anyone have BT Vision?

Started by Cybershot, April 13, 2010, 08:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caughtredhanded

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 06, 2010, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: lolafrola on September 06, 2010, 02:28:51 PM
Did any of you see the new deal sky have out. For £19 a month you get Broadband, telephone (free evening and weekend calls) Sky TV (limited channels, not sure which ones) and sky+ (free). This seems a good deal although i can't see getting much more channels than whats available through the freeview
i was going to go with that one, but its not available in our area at the minute, so it will actually cost £34 a month!

You need to be served by an 'unbundled' exchange of which there are few in rural or semi rural areas. You can check your exchange using www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker.

As far as I know you need at least 2.5 meg broadband for BT vision. Its a bit of a bummer when they are plugging the hell out of it and you can't get it. :'(

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 15, 2010, 08:31:20 PM
I just have normal 20/20 Vision myself,maybe you should have gone to Specsavers.........

Very important to get that right. A couple of lads I know said they were pilots on a night out and went asked about their eyesight they said they "were sorted for the aul 50/50 vision". The wimin walked away laughing
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

FermGael

Thinking about getting vision installed myself.
Thinking about getting the Skysports 1 and 2 as it seems good value.
what sports will you miss if you do not have SS3 and SS4?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

NAG1

Very little Fermgael, just watch that you have strong enough single to be getting those channels
dont think everywhere is just quite set up for it yet

FermGael

signal is fine Nag.
Got Bt infinity a few months ago and it is a great job.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

firestarter

I'm on the basic package with bt vision. Think its great! Theres always something to watch in the ON DEMAND feature which is updated weekly. Love the pause/record/rewing and record features. You can now also watch the BBC Iplayer through the tv now 2.

NAG1

Have it in too and agree the on demand feature is top notch, very rarely watch live tv now
signal is a bit jumpy on some of the channels so going to get a new aerial and booster pack on it.

johnneycool

do you need broadband for BT vision and if so, is there a minimum requirement of the quality of it as mine is pretty shíte.

Karl Kennedy

I have sky but I have got to the stage now its a complete rip and I am not bothering with it anymore. I am thinking of switching over to BT VISION myself and was hoping for some info and advice from you good people.

1. Do you need a outside TV Aerial as I only have the sky satellite dish to get the freeview channels? I know that the broad can get the ON DEMAND stuff.

2. I am very keen on having sky sports but I think you can get sky sports 1 and 2 now isnt that right? Sky sports 3 and 4 isnt much good anyhow??

3. What is the overall cost or the best package to get?

NAG1

Another question, I used to have the Sky hard wired around the house using a splitter in the attic and changing channel using the Pyramids. This ony sent the signal around the house not giving multi room viewing, but was just wondering if the same is possible using the BT vision box?

Anyone know?

onefaircounty

Highly recommended, got me addicted to the US Office. Only Fools and Horses and Alan Partridge usually on it too plus countless others.

Newbridge Exile

Have had BT Vision for 3 years now and would definitely recommend it,

johnneycool

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 17, 2011, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 17, 2011, 11:14:33 AM
do you need broadband for BT vision and if so, is there a minimum requirement of the quality of it as mine is pretty shíte.
1. Yes, and it needs to be with BT Broadband itself
2. Yes, BT require the line to be capable of at least 2Mbps download speed. Even if your current ADSL speed isn't great, BT Infinity may be available and will give better speeds.

I have BT broadband but its a far cry from 2Mbps, probably just under 1Mbps I'd guess and BT infinity still isn't in the area as we're a right old distance from the nearest switch.

I've heard of BT giving people with poor rates some form of free booster. Anyone heard of it and if so how do you go about getting one?