TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

The Repair Shop on BBC 1. Love it.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

nrico2006

Watched Happy Valley at the weekend, unbelievable from start to finish. So many brilliant characters.

Is there some piss taking with regard to the Last of Us. Decent so far, but pretty similar to multiple other shows and films about zombies etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 01, 2023, 09:24:58 PM
Watched Happy Valley at the weekend, unbelievable from start to finish. So many brilliant characters.

Is there some piss taking with regard to the Last of Us. Decent so far, but pretty similar to multiple other shows and films about zombies etc.

Big Pharma are pushing it, with the amount of viruses going around it's only a matter of time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Just watched 1883, brilliant show but jeepers oh there wasn't much to look forward to in them days...getting shot, smallpox, snake bites, getting your leg cut off, rape, crushed by wagons...

snoopdog

Watched the Old Man on Disney. Quite good.

An Watcher

Anyone watching 100 Physical on Netflix?  Different but good

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on February 01, 2023, 11:13:02 PM
Anyone watching 100 Physical on Netflix?  Different but good

Is it a reality show?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

As previously lauded by Nrico, BBC's Happy Valley was just pitch perfect and last night's final episode not only did not disappoint but raised the bar even higher, it was a masterpiece.

Tony Baloney

Happy Valley helped by a long hiatus and sticking to 3 series. Too many series start strong but outstay their welcome, especially those on commercial stations where it is financially lucrative to keep going.

LC

Your man that plays TLR is some actor.

nrico2006

Quote from: LC on February 06, 2023, 06:42:33 PM
Your man that plays TLR is some actor.

He was also brilliant playing a Northern Irish terminally I'll single parent in Nowhere Special.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

The kid acting in Last of us is a scene stealer in this show.

Enjoying it so far...

Fauda back on again, won't be a lot of peoples cup of tea being a Jewish type show but really like it

J70

Started watching Five Days at Memorial this past weekend. It's been on Apple since August, but I'd missed it.

It's the story of what happened at Memorial Hospital in New Orleans during Katrina. The first half of the series showing the hurricane and it's aftermath as the hospital was basically abandoned by the authorities when the levees broke is riveting, but heart breaking. Can't even imagine what those patients, staff and people taking shelter went through with flooding, no power and no supplies.

Just at the part now where the possibly inflicted deaths of patients who couldn't be evacuated is starting to be investigated. They found 45 bodies.

Definitely recommend it so far.

Tony Baloney

Cheers J70. Hadn't heard of it but Katrina and the response is a fascinating subject. Purely fictional but I'd really recommend The Tin Roof Blowdown by James Lee Burke (Dave Robicheaux series).

screenexile

The newest Last of Us episode was brilliant the best so far imho.