Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

In terms of prices I think it's good to look at places out of season .Some hotels make all their money in the summer for example and can be good value at Christmas.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Just watching Trad Ar Fad on bbc 2 , the festival in Lorient looks amazing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FL/MAYO

We will be flying into Bergamo in April for a week. We have the flights booked just looking for a few ideas for an itinerary for the week. I will probably rent a car after spending the first couple of days in Bergamo.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rois on January 09, 2023, 09:14:49 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 09, 2023, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 09, 2023, 08:23:10 AM
Like parenting in general, when it comes to bringing kids on holidays it's each to their own.

For me, the one thing I don't want on holidays is hassle. So mine were brought nowhere until they could walk and they weren't brought abroad until they could carry all their own stuff!

Yeah I had a youngster with us years ago when she was just toddling & starting to walk. Was a disaster in that heat, chasing her about. You can keep your "making memories" until they can walk  ;)
Ah well - ignoring all of this, just booked a week over Easter.  Hassle schmassle.  We'll be grand.  Wee 11 month old will be walking by then, heat won't be too bad that early.  And it's given me a target for potty training the 2 year old.

If it's a boy yer fecked, they take longer. A girl and you'll be fine.

Rois

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 10, 2023, 11:20:51 AM
We will be flying into Bergamo in April for a week. We have the flights booked just looking for a few ideas for an itinerary for the week. I will probably rent a car after spending the first couple of days in Bergamo.
We drove up to Madonna di Campiglio from Bergamo to do a bit of hiking.  It was just before the summer season started, so it was probably a bit too quiet for us.  Possibly still snowy in April.  We then went down to Riva del Garda for a couple of nights, and finished at Sirmione, also at Lake Garda.  Very handy drive from there to Bergamo. 

seafoid

Alpine lakes are gorgeous.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

Like parenting in general, when it comes to bringing kids on holidays it's each to their own.

For me, the one thing I don't want on holidays is hassle. So mine were brought nowhere until they could walk and they weren't brought abroad until they could carry all their own stuff!

Yeah I had a youngster with us years ago when she was just toddling & starting to walk. Was a disaster in that heat, chasing her about. You can keep your "making memories" until they can walk  ;)
Ah well - ignoring all of this, just booked a week over Easter.  Hassle schmassle.  We'll be grand.  Wee 11 month old will be walking by then, heat won't be too bad that early.  And it's given me a target for potty training the 2 year old.

Was thinking about a nice holiday if I can get it at a reasonable price for the family. By June time we will have an almost 5 year old a 3 year old and a 7 month old. Im thinking that it could be good as the 7 month old prob wont be crawling at that stage and should be easy to manage whereas if i left it to the end of the summer i could be goosed.
Was thinking as I wouldn't want to take the youngest away then until the where about 3 this could be last chance of sun shine holiday in a while and we havent had on since the 5 year old was 1.

Then I think am i mad!

Anyone any advice and could suggest a resort or room type. Thanks
The I think

Milltown Row2

Plenty holidays with the kids, the best will always have been the Eurocamp types (as said before, book direct with site or like we did one year, rented directly with an on-site van owner)

But with kids that young if I'm looking handiness I'd be all inclusive all day long, never worrying about what they eat or drink whether they eat it or not there's plenty to pick from!!

That's one argument you don't have when away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: WT4E on January 10, 2023, 04:42:37 PM

Was thinking about a nice holiday if I can get it at a reasonable price for the family. By June time we will have an almost 5 year old a 3 year old and a 7 month old. Im thinking that it could be good as the 7 month old prob wont be crawling at that stage and should be easy to manage whereas if i left it to the end of the summer i could be goosed.
Was thinking as I wouldn't want to take the youngest away then until the where about 3 this could be last chance of sun shine holiday in a while and we havent had on since the 5 year old was 1.

Then I think am i mad!

The I think
Magic Natura near benidorm. Definitely the best resort I've been to for the age profiles of your kids. Don't have to worry about the pools at the evening entertainment as it's well away from them. It's a great spot for families with young kids, and dare I say you might get a chance to relax lol

thewobbler

Wt4e have a look at Eden Resort in Albufeira. It's top class for young families as as it's all inclusive houses rather than a hotel there's more room and more relaxations. Food was surprisingly good for an All inclusive

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Rois on January 10, 2023, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 10, 2023, 11:20:51 AM
We drove up to Madonna di Campiglio from Bergamo to do a bit of hiking.  It was just before the summer season started, so it was probably a bit too quiet for us.  Possibly still snowy in April.  We then went down to Riva del Garda for a couple of nights, and finished at Sirmione, also at Lake Garda.  Very handy drive from there to Bergamo.

Thanks Rois👍👍

WT4E

Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2023, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 10, 2023, 04:42:37 PM

Then I think am i mad!

The I think
Magic Natura near benidorm. Definitely the best resort I've been to for the age profiles of your kids. Don't have to worry about the pools at the evening entertainment as it's well away from them. It's a great spot for families with young kids, and dare I say you might get a chance to relax lol

This looks great thanks

gerrykeegan

Anyone fly into Bergamo and holiday in Lake Garda? Huge difference in prices of flights to Bergamo v Verona. 1600 v 2600 for the four of us.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rois

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 11, 2023, 09:36:20 PM
Anyone fly into Bergamo and holiday in Lake Garda? Huge difference in prices of flights to Bergamo v Verona. 1600 v 2600 for the four of us.
We flew to Verona for Bella Italia campsite at Peschira, mainly because we weren't hiring a car, and the transfer was shorter with a then 7 month old. 
Pre-kids we flew to Bergamo, went into the mountains first but drove back from Sirmione to Bergamo, and it was a very handy drive. At that price difference, I'd take Bergamo every time.

Mario

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 11, 2023, 09:36:20 PM
I flew into Bergamo in August hired a car and stayed in Riva del Garda/Torbole area of lake Garda. Drive was fine, maybe an hour longer than Verona. Easy decision at that price differential.