Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Quote from: LC on January 05, 2023, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on January 05, 2023, 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2023, 11:48:10 AM
Any recommendations for a eurocamp/ lodge type resort. Open to anywhere as long as it's warm with good pool /water park and reasonably priced. For 3 kids, 3, 6, 10.

Was looking at sanguli in Spain which I've heard is good.
Les as all a in Portiragnes in South East France is a great spot, been there 4 times and will be going back even though kids are too old now, lot better value, cleaner, better food etc that Sanguli or Cambrils (have been to both), great pool complex, beside the beach etc. Great water park €10 taxi ride away. Book directly with the site to get the best mobiles, Eurocamp very hit and miss in my experience.

https://www.les-sablons.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAh9qdBhAOEiwAvxIok_qvPm6isqpe1OsfLt-ZAl14r_WoKwXAB5LjsaqYSZ5VCT5qCpQYyxoCN4QQAvD_BwE

Looks good, where do you fly in and out of?
Plenty of choices all about 1 hour drive away, Ryanair do a new one to Nimes which is cheap, can also go Carcassone, Bezier or Perpignan

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

pbat

Looking about a holiday over the Christmas/New Year period 2023. Was thinking of Tenerife or Lanzarote never been too either, no kids going. Any suggestions on best resorts or areas to stay in.

ardtole

Anyone ever been to Duinrell in Holland on a family holiday? Any info appreciated

PMG1

Quote from: ardtole on January 08, 2023, 12:44:06 PM
Anyone ever been to Duinrell in Holland on a family holiday? Any info appreciated
Have been there about 16 years ago, really good site then and I am sure it has improved since then.  Obviously weather not guaranteed but the site has everything you need with the pool complex and small theme park, football competitions etc There wasn't much about the nearby town though, site is about 1 hour from Amsterdam which you can get to by train I think if u need to go there although kids would t enjoy Amsterdam

ardtole

Hound

Like parenting in general, when it comes to bringing kids on holidays it's each to their own.

For me, the one thing I don't want on holidays is hassle. So mine were brought nowhere until they could walk and they weren't brought abroad until they could carry all their own stuff!

Kidder81

Quote from: Hound on January 09, 2023, 08:23:10 AM
Like parenting in general, when it comes to bringing kids on holidays it's each to their own.

For me, the one thing I don't want on holidays is hassle. So mine were brought nowhere until they could walk and they weren't brought abroad until they could carry all their own stuff!

Yeah I had a youngster with us years ago when she was just toddling & starting to walk. Was a disaster in that heat, chasing her about. You can keep your "making memories" until they can walk  ;)

Rois

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 09, 2023, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 09, 2023, 08:23:10 AM

Yeah I had a youngster with us years ago when she was just toddling & starting to walk. Was a disaster in that heat, chasing her about. You can keep your "making memories" until they can walk  ;)
Ah well - ignoring all of this, just booked a week over Easter.  Hassle schmassle.  We'll be grand.  Wee 11 month old will be walking by then, heat won't be too bad that early.  And it's given me a target for potty training the 2 year old.

bennydorano

Quote from: pbat on January 07, 2023, 12:47:47 PM
Looking about a holiday over the Christmas/New Year period 2023. Was thinking of Tenerife or Lanzarote never been too either, no kids going. Any suggestions on best resorts or areas to stay in.
Been to Los Cristianos/ Playa de las Americas (biggest resort, advertised as 2 diffferent resorts but they run into other) in Tenerife  3 times in Winter months, we were on cycling trips but thought the resort was great - beaches at los Cristianos side are manmade but beautiful. Plenty of nightlife & restaurants about it, Los Cristianos is a bit more upmarket.  Lots of UK type shops about and a compact enough city area to walk about. Weather normally about 23C or so at beach level, in January/ February.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 09, 2023, 09:47:19 AM
Been to Los Cristianos/ Playa de las Americas (biggest resort, advertised as 2 diffferent resorts but they run into other) in Tenerife  3 times in Winter months, we were on cycling trips but thought the resort was great - beaches at los Cristianos side are manmade but beautiful. Plenty of nightlife & restaurants about it, Los Cristianos is a bit more upmarket.  Lots of UK type shops about and a compact enough city area to walk about. Weather normally about 23C or so at beach level, in January/ February.

Never been there at xmas, trying to convince her but aint happening ffs.. But went a few times over Easter, stayed the Golf resort complex just across the main rod before heading in, great spot and plenty going on in that area, is it as busy at Xmas time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Work colleague of mine was in Lanzarote from dec 26 to Jan 2 and had a great time. Said the flights were very expensive "would have been cheaper to fly to New York". Although not sure you'd want to go to NYC at that time of year, and certainly the Canaries is reasonably priced when you get there. They said Dublin Airport was very quick on the way out, but Lanzarote was chaos on the way back. Lots and lots of English and Irish.
Might be worth thinking of alternatives if flights are really that dear at Christmas, e.g. Mexico, Cuba, North Africa?

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2023, 10:32:58 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 09, 2023, 09:47:19 AM

Never been there at xmas, trying to convince her but aint happening ffs.. But went a few times over Easter, stayed the Golf resort complex just across the main rod before heading in, great spot and plenty going on in that area, is it as busy at Xmas time?
Never been over Christmas, like yourself have tried to convince the wife to have at least 1 warm Christmas many many times, not happening & not showing any signs of budging either.

imtommygunn

Funny I was talking to a boy who was in NYC over christmas (day etc) there and by the sounds of it it was great. Although there was an absence of a christmas dinner and it did sound like the place never really shut down so that would probably be a bit odd however things like ice skating, out for dinner, central park etc on christmas day sound good to me.

NAG1

Looked at Tenerife there quick google and for Christmas '23 or there abouts looking at 4k for 2.4 family