Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2023, 11:48:10 AM
Any recommendations for a eurocamp/ lodge type resort. Open to anywhere as long as it's warm with good pool /water park and reasonably priced. For 3 kids, 3, 6, 10.

Was looking at sanguli in Spain which I've heard is good.

Was nearby in Cambrils campsite, pretty good area to then go on and explore, train to Barca or into Salu or Port Aventura ... Plenty to do in and around there..

Kids enjoyed the one south of Pisa, can't mind name of it off hand but it was great
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Stay away from eurocamps or al fresco.  These are the pricey ones. Exact same holiday with canvas or other operators for 500/600 less.  Not as many options but if you can fit around them then it's good savings

galwayman

Quote from: An Watcher on January 05, 2023, 02:11:22 PM
Stay away from eurocamps or al fresco.  These are the pricey ones. Exact same holiday with canvas or other operators for 500/600 less.  Not as many options but if you can fit around them then it's good savings
Booking direct with the campsites themselves is usually cheaper. And oftentimes they have the best accommodation themselves.

PMG1

Any recommendations for a eurocamp/ lodge type resort. Open to anywhere as long as it's warm with good pool /water park and reasonably priced. For 3 kids, 3, 6, 10.

Les as all a in Portiragnes in South East France is a great spot, been there 4 times and will be going back even though kids are too old now, lot better value, cleaner, better food etc that Sanguli or Cambrils (have been to both), great pool complex, beside the beach etc. Great water park €10 taxi ride away. Book directly with the site to get the best mobiles, Eurocamp very hit and miss in my experience.

https://www.les-sablons.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAh9qdBhAOEiwAvxIok_qvPm6isqpe1OsfLt-ZAl14r_WoKwXAB5LjsaqYSZ5VCT5qCpQYyxoCN4QQAvD_BwE

LC

Quote from: PMG1 on January 05, 2023, 03:30:30 PM

Les as all a in Portiragnes in South East France is a great spot, been there 4 times and will be going back even though kids are too old now, lot better value, cleaner, better food etc that Sanguli or Cambrils (have been to both), great pool complex, beside the beach etc. Great water park €10 taxi ride away. Book directly with the site to get the best mobiles, Eurocamp very hit and miss in my experience.

https://www.les-sablons.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAh9qdBhAOEiwAvxIok_qvPm6isqpe1OsfLt-ZAl14r_WoKwXAB5LjsaqYSZ5VCT5qCpQYyxoCN4QQAvD_BwE

Looks good, where do you fly in and out of?

whitey

Quote from: Rois on January 04, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Oh for goodness sake, my children have both travelled before - the 10 month old has already been to Lisbon, the Alps and Lake Garda, and we survived.  The 2 year old didn't get to go to Lisbon, but she's done the Alps twice.  The kids might not remember it, but doesn't mean our memories of visiting these places aren't good, and therefore not a waste of time for us.  Well, apart from the Eurocamp one in Lake Garda.  Definitely too young for a caravan holiday.  Should have stayed in a hotel. 

Both sets of grandparents are well into their 70s and not capable of taking two of them (or even one each), and I certainly wouldn't land it on them.

You need your head examined bringing kids that young on a foreign holiday

All kids need is a pool, a playground, room service and a movie

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 05, 2023, 05:25:51 PM
Oh for goodness sake, my children have both travelled before - the 10 month old has already been to Lisbon, the Alps and Lake Garda, and we survived.  The 2 year old didn't get to go to Lisbon, but she's done the Alps twice.  The kids might not remember it, but doesn't mean our memories of visiting these places aren't good, and therefore not a waste of time for us.  Well, apart from the Eurocamp one in Lake Garda.  Definitely too young for a caravan holiday.  Should have stayed in a hotel. 

Both sets of grandparents are well into their 70s and not capable of taking two of them (or even one each), and I certainly wouldn't land it on them.

Kids like warm weather.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AustinPowers

What?!  Room service me hole .  All kids need on holiday is  a bit of a beach  and Out in the fresh air. You can watch  feckin'  movies back at home all year

whitey

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 05, 2023, 05:46:12 PM

What?!  Room service me hole .  All kids need on holiday is  a bit of a beach  and Out in the fresh air. You can watch  feckin'  movies back at home all year

Eh....that's kinda my point

Why drag a toddler onto a plane to go somewhere they won't remember, when they'd be just as happy at a hotel an hour down the road

(I was responding to a guy with a 10 month old and a 2 year old)

JoG2

Talking of French sites, anyone recommend a site or 2 within an hour or 2 of Cherbourg? Thanks

Milltown Row2

Anyone any experience of renting mobile homes? With having dogs we ain't fussed on leaving them but rather like going away with them, so the flexibility of a mobile home would allow us to getaway.

Possibly in future buy one (though she ain't keen) but this would give us an idea of what it be like
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: PMG1 on January 05, 2023, 03:30:30 PM

Was trying to look at flights for this but can't seem to get any direct flights going to Béziers. Where did you fly into?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BrotherMore6592

Eh....that's kinda my point

Why drag a toddler onto a plane to go somewhere they won't remember, when they'd be just as happy at a hotel an hour down the road

(I was responding to a guy with a 10 month old and a 2 year old)
[/quote]

Well here's a few things spring to mind:

Hotels and any accom in Ireland are daylight robbery , you'd be as cheap going abroad in some destinations
The child can't swim in the pool in Ireland 95% of the time
The child's mind won't be open to other cultures and experiences except for the back arse of mayo
Ultimately it's where the parents are happiest, If they'd enjoy their holiday not leaving them at home with granny / whoever that's what matters.

Mourne Red

Yeh have to agree with that.. Was looking at taking the fiancée away for a few days for her birthday and wasn't sure we'd get a babysitter so added our toddler on. An extra £400 to take the wee one away with us, ridiculous price.

Agree with Brother More Cheaper to go abroad with the little ones

whitey

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 06, 2023, 12:31:27 AM
Yeh have to agree with that.. Was looking at taking the fiancée away for a few days for her birthday and wasn't sure we'd get a babysitter so added our toddler on. An extra £400 to take the wee one away with us, ridiculous price.

Agree with Brother More Cheaper to go abroad with the little ones

I've travelled with kids-infants in fact, and it's a major pain in the h01e, and I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary

I flew twice with my guys when they were very young and based on what happened we didn't fly again until they were 5/6

Landed in Shannon  after an overnight flight and after hoisting all the baggage and kids out to the rental car (in the pissing rain) I found that there were no car seats in the car even though they were booked and confirmed. Took over an hour to sort that one out

Same trip landed  back to Boston and had checked the double stroller plane side-which means it's supposed to be at the door of the plane as you disembark. Of course some idiot checked it to come out with the regular luggage.  So now we have to carry all of our hand luggage, diaper bags and 2 babies  through the airport and wait for our luggage to come out on the carousel which took close to an hour.