Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterbackk

Composed calm preformance from Galbally yesterday. We certainly didnt show that form all year but felt our matchups were spot on. Morris, Quinn and Rafferty defensively were exceptional holding Mc Curry to a point. Con had a massive game and single handedly kept them in touch but they will rue  the missed goal chances in the first half.

Mikhailov

Fair play to Galbally, deserved winners on the day for sure.

The big financial investment in the management set up paid off - will Big Joe now coach against his own club in 2023?

Onthe40

be interesting to see if this mgmt team stays on
I'm hearing crozier was only in for one year
serious money being paid out to a mgmt team, ludicrous,... and it will be a serious challenge for them to remain in senior in 2023 IMO

breakingball78

It's the same every year with Galbally, they're the yoyo club of Tyrone. You would nearly think they get relegated from division 1 every year on purpose so they can go on to win the division 2 league or championship. Suppose it's good for morale.

WT4E

It's not a day for begrudgery.... let the people and management enjoy there next few days.

The Monday after a championship win is often the best day.

clarshack

Fantastic feeling to do a first ever league and championship double!
Aghaloo went with a very physical approach I thought, but our lads still had enough for them.
Hopefully we can give Ulster a rattle now.

smort

Very impressive year for Stewartstown, senior double and reserve championship. I have seen a decent amount of Stewartstown over the past few years at adult level and wouldn't have expected such success. What has been the difference this year?

skeog

Difference they are really an Intermediate side imo.

breakingball78

What else do you expect really? Stewartstown wouldn't have been in that division if it weren't for COVID and a few men carrying injuries last season. After Stewartstowns unbeaten run in division 3, where does that leave them for division 2 next year? Is there really that much of a gap between junior and intermediate?

smort

Knew they'd be strong in division 3, but its the way they won, hammered aughaloo and Strabane, their nearest rivals. They have been very inpressive

Could they do a tattyreagh and challenge for intermediate next year?

Quarterbackk

Quote from: Onthe40 on October 24, 2022, 09:55:05 AM
be interesting to see if this mgmt team stays on
I'm hearing crozier was only in for one year
serious money being paid out to a mgmt team, ludicrous,... and it will be a serious challenge for them to remain in senior in 2023 IMO

Nothing Positive to say?? You seen the value of a good Management team in the buildup to the game and the game itself.  Mc Curry spoke all week about how confident they were how Galbally are 'dogged' poor defence etc etc...Edendork were poor on the line - when the pressure came on they resorted to kicking aimless ball int the box.

Galbally were plagued with injuries all year and the still managed to finish 2nd in the League

Quarterbackk

Quote from: breakingball78 on October 24, 2022, 10:02:10 AM
It's the same every year with Galbally, they're the yoyo club of Tyrone. You would nearly think they get relegated from division 1 every year on purpose so they can go on to win the division 2 league or championship. Suppose it's good for morale.

Bit like Edendork, only their Moral has to deal with players wanting to leave the club, infighting, bickering etc etc.

Onthe40

not at all Qtrback.. huge congrats to Galbally, they saved their best for last..when it looked like Edendork were getting on top they hung in and rode the challenge .. and looked the stronger team last 10mins
I just hope the mgmt have the desire to stay on now when the team needs them most in div1 and try build on this year.. it won't be easy for Galbally next year and mgmt solidity would surely be a huge help
the Joe not managing against his own club thing I don't buy... he's been away from Omagh seniors for a few years now..

Onthe40

Well done Stewartstown as well, set the stall early by going back training pre xmas, everyone bought in and got what they totally deserved. 2 internal men in charge too so fair play.

square_ball

I see there is U19 grade 1 semi finals on this weekend. The last round in this competition was played 6 months ago! I'd say the clubs involved didn't even know the competition was still going.