Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 30, 2022, 09:50:39 PM
Under Lights...what happened Augher

You were talking them up here a few months ago - surely they would have expected to beat Derrytresk but the men from the hill are a renowned championship outfit.

Im not sure I talked Augher up but thought they would be in last four. Was expecting it to be the four teams that came down from D2. Hopefully Fintona can also cause upset tomorrow as they are everyone's second team now.
As we have seen in this championship to date goals win games. Terrible game in terrible conditions has to be said.

Killeeshil with a huge win also to move into the last four. Weather going to be a real factor going forward

RedHand88

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 04, 2022, 10:46:10 PM
Quote from: mysticmac on September 04, 2022, 10:33:58 PM
Quote from: smort on September 04, 2022, 09:42:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if killyman beat augher in the first round of the championship
Ah now i think your a bit off the mark there now, i think we will beat killyman and beat them well on friday week over in garvaghey, augher is a championship team

Since 1985, Augher have 1 junior championship to show for their efforts.

And thus the dry spell goes on.

ONeill

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 30, 2022, 09:50:39 PM
Under Lights...what happened Augher

You were talking them up here a few months ago - surely they would have expected to beat Derrytresk but the men from the hill are a renowned championship outfit.

Heard this renowned nonsense spouted in the commentary. They've won 1 championship in the last 65 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dark_Arts_Master

Killeeshil was a win for football.
60 mins of watching Owen Roes play 15 men behind the ball - should be a criminal punishment.

Ty4Sam

Brutal to watch. Can't imagine the players are happy playing that style.

Under Lights

Comfortable for Eglish today. If Edendork can finish the job here them and edendork be a good semi final

WT4E

Cookstown down to 3 again. Bit surprised and feel bad for the neighbours. I thought they would have beat Clogher.

Some contrast... we played them at home early in the season and at that stage they where unbeaten for the season and where gloating that they had us beat at half time. We came back with great second half to win and I don't think they got many points after that. Shows u how things can change particularly in div 2.

sam03/05

Cookstown have a lot of good youth players coming in the next few years.
Being in Div 3 will be a good place to introduce them, a bit like Dungannon did a few years ago.

clarshack

Drumquin will be absolutely kicking themselves this evening. They scored a late goal and 2 points to lead by 2 in injury time but our lads dug deep and Manies scored a terrific equaliser with the last kick of normal time. We had a bereavement in the club this week and didn't train at all, with the players only getting together briefly yesterday evening. With Darren Devlin and Dan Lowe also unavailable today it was always going to be a difficult game to win and thankfully we are through to the semis just.

skeog

Drumquin very unlucky stonewall free not awarded to them Stewartstown broke up field and scored goal.

Quarterbackk

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on September 30, 2022, 05:33:26 PM
Predictions for IFC this weekend? Could Tattryeagh cause an upset against massive favourites Galbally?

Yes - Galbally down a lot of men.  Edendork still the team to beat.

WT4E

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 01, 2022, 05:35:37 PM
Cookstown have a lot of good youth players coming in the next few years.
Being in Div 3 will be a good place to introduce them, a bit like Dungannon did a few years ago.

Yeah only a matter of years b4 they land the O'Neill cup lol

Wolfetones

Quote from: skeog on October 01, 2022, 06:07:15 PM
Drumquin very unlucky stonewall free not awarded to them Stewartstown broke up field and scored goal.

Would also question the amount of stoppage time played.

sam03/05

They are starting to produce county minors as had been a long tradition, most of their teams at underage are playing in grade 1 and have been the last couple of years. They also have B teams in most age groups and have players playing at schools level  - so I'd say they could come strong again at some stage.

Yeah only a matter of years b4 they land the O'Neill cup lol
[/quote]

clarshack

Quote from: Wolfetones on October 01, 2022, 08:11:36 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 01, 2022, 06:07:15 PM

Would also question the amount of stoppage time played.

Stoppage time was fine. Drumquin player lay down for a minute in injury time so needed to be added on.