China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

bennydoran are the above OutLets essential?
Why are they open
Why

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 11, 2021, 11:40:36 PM
Answer me his

Is
KFC
McDonald's
Costa
Burger King

And so on

Are they essential?
No.

Gmac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 12, 2021, 12:19:14 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 11, 2021, 11:40:36 PM
Answer me his

Is
KFC
McDonald's
Costa
Burger King

And so on

Are they essential?
No.
they are providing take out food to essential workers possibly, do you think having them open is a potential problem?

Smurfy123

Why are they open?
I don't think it's a major gmac but I also don't think sports training or matches is a problem but has stopped

Milltown Row2

Believe it or not but there is a very high number of people who don't cook!

They are open and very busy as people are using them.

Costa could probably close on fairness as I think they are only providing coffee.

But if you close them you'll need to close all takeaways, chippy, Indian , Chinese and so on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think it would be a last resort entirely closing food places down. I imagine you're classified as food or not so you couldn't close one kind of place and not another. A lot of those places are drive through(though not all). It's B&Ms, furniture shops and shops like american candy and maybe even those vape shops you would have to question.

Last Man

If more people people questioned the crap food they are consuming there would be a lot less "save our NHS" rhetoric required.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2021, 09:01:04 AM
If more people people questioned the crap food they are consuming there would be a lot less "save our NHS" rhetoric required.

Yes and I'm with you big man, but I'll give you one example, my daughter is back in halls, and in fairness to her she went and got a food shop before going back and the kitchen area is great and well maintained, she has cooking skills but when push comes to shove, they'll head to a garage or a food joint and get a carry out, the food shop is probably mainly breakfast stuff and snack, some pasta and canned food.

So while I agree that fast food is a drain on the NHS in the long run, there are actually families out there that fast food is easier and in some cases cheaper than cooking! No skills or laziness would be factors too.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2021, 09:01:04 AM

Have to admit the save the NHS message is wearing thin with myself at the moment too.

But as long as we have a nuclear deterrent to keep us safe and well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-united-kingdoms-future-nuclear-deterrent-the-2020-update-to-parliament/the-united-kingdoms-future-nuclear-deterrent-the-2020-update-to-parliament

Last Man

I get that MR but at the same time it's too important to leave it at that imho. I am not qualified to get in to it here but Google a few podcasts on metabolic health. Some of it can be heavy on the science and you might not agree with all of it. All the same there are common threads running through most of the discussion that I think can help us all.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 07:06:19 AM
Believe it or not but there is a very high number of people who don't cook!

They are open and very busy as people are using them.

Costa could probably close on fairness as I think they are only providing coffee.

But if you close them you'll need to close all takeaways, chippy, Indian , Chinese and so on

What would the bould Sammy do then?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Angelo

How many cases are linked to takeaway food outlets? Again wouldn't really bother me if they close or not but what's the logic behind it if it's not a cause for the spread?

The biggest problem at the minute seems to be the spread in hospitals and generally if you're already in hospital you are more likely to be in an at risk category. I think serious questions need to be asked about how they are segregating Covid patients from others. The north is a small geographical area, you can travel from one end of it to the other in under two hours. Surely we could have nominated Covid specific hospitals and allow other hospitals to take on other emergency services and cancer screenings etc?

Do they currently use rapid testing for hospital admissions?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Last Man on January 12, 2021, 09:44:46 AM
I get that MR but at the same time it's too important to leave it at that imho. I am not qualified to get in to it here but Google a few podcasts on metabolic health. Some of it can be heavy on the science and you might not agree with all of it. All the same there are common threads running through most of the discussion that I think can help us all.

I don't think there is any doubt collective personal health is to the benefit of the NHS longterm. A better diet by the population would be an incredible legacy however realistically, we are more likely to be on the rip all summer here (Which, considering....I don't blame anyone either).

Most people ignore how much obesity, smoking etc cost the NHS in finances because it's kinda been accepted I suppose, life being life nobody really cared. I really hope Covid however has helped some embrace a healthier way of living, the best way to boost your immunity is by being active, I don't think that can be in doubt.

Covid came along and put the Cat among the Pigeons though.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 12, 2021, 10:12:34 AM

I don't think there is any doubt collective personal health is to the benefit of the NHS longterm. A better diet by the population would be an incredible legacy however realistically, we are more likely to be on the rip all summer here (Which, considering....I don't blame anyone either).

Most people ignore how much obesity, smoking etc cost the NHS in finances because it's kinda been accepted I suppose, life being life nobody really cared. I really hope Covid however has helped some embrace a healthier way of living, the best way to boost your immunity is by being active, I don't think that can be in doubt.

There's one way to tackle health issues related to alcohol, smoking and obesity - tax the f**k out of it.

If there is a will there is a way but that applies to everything.

We could have an efficient, properly functioning health service that looks after its citizens but the pockets of too many wealthy private interests have to get lined with millions.

And those lovely big pharma companies that some people on here are willing to swallow whatever they say have been proven in the past of fixing prices on drugs at extortionate rates and pricing people out of life saving treatment.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:30:37 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 12, 2021, 10:12:34 AM

There's one way to tackle health issues related to alcohol, smoking and obesity - tax the f**k out of it.

If there is a will there is a way but that applies to everything.

We could have an efficient, properly functioning health service that looks after its citizens but the pockets of too many wealthy private interests have to get lined with millions.

And those lovely big pharma companies that some people on here are willing to swallow whatever they say have been proven in the past of fixing prices on drugs at extortionate rates and pricing people out of life saving treatment.

i would go further Angelo.....

If someone breaks lockdown and catches Covid I would refuse them admittance to hospital or at the very least charge them a f**king fortune.

And even better - if people refuse to take a vaccine (that has been proven to work) I would also refuse them entry to hospital should they need it (from Covid)
or charge them 1000's if they want treatment.