Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 25, 2018, 04:11:57 PM
Finished 6-7 to 1-13 in Bellaghy.

Big crowd of over 3,200 people - would any of the Irish League soccer matches have gotten close to that yesterday?

All together they wouldn't have got much more than that- was bbc there ? They were at all grounds yesterday
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gabriel_Hurl

I'd highly doubt it to be honest with ya.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Gs Man

Great win for St.Ronan's as well.

Exciting last 10 minutes of that game with St.Pat's missing a scoreable free to equalise in the last kick of the game.

Should be a good final.
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Great footage of the game on Armagh TV by the way.
Keep 'er lit

Rois

Is the final on Mon 19th rather than on St Patrick's Day itself?

I've a husband who won a McLarnon Cup medal with St Michael's Lurgan in the 90s who has spent a lot of time reminiscing since this result.  Family trip on the cards whatever day it's on. 

T Fearon

Was at the game in Armagh on Friday night.Gutted that my alma mater didn't see it through after they led going into injury time,but the goalkeeper and defender accidentally clashed going for a high free (which incidentally should have been the other way) leaving an open goal for a grateful St Ronan's forward.

Bit poignant too as St Pats with my late brother on board lost at the same semi final stage to Maghera,exactly forty years ago,after they led by six points at half time but couldn't manage a single score in the second half.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Rois on February 26, 2018, 08:42:37 PM

I've a husband who won a McLarnon Cup medal with St Michael's Lurgan in the 90s who has spent a lot of time reminiscing since this result.  Family trip on the cards whatever day it's on.

Yes - it's on the 19th

Orior

Ha! Do you keep in in the trophy cabinet? Take him for walks? Play hide and seek with him?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Quote from: Orior on February 26, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

Ha! Do you keep in in the trophy cabinet? Take him for walks? Play hide and seek with him?
Nah, but I've got a few, thought it best to distinguish.  Not all my husbands have schools football medals.  This sets him apart within the group.

The Gs Man

1995 Rois?

I'd have been a fresh faced first year then trying to break into the squad.  I'm sure I know him.
Keep 'er lit

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 25, 2018, 10:58:53 PM
Turns out the Beeb were there - http://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/43192816

did you see the highlights on newsline yesterday
showed 1 goal, a soccer goal too FFS
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 27, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
1995 Rois?

I'd have been a fresh faced first year then trying to break into the squad.  I'm sure I know him.

The current St. Ronan's manger Davy Wilson was on that 1995 team.

The Iceman

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 26, 2018, 08:30:03 AM
Great footage of the game on Armagh TV by the way.
the commentary is hilarious...oh he's a big fella you'd know he was from Madden.....he could throw a stone and be home before it hit the ground....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mrdeeds

St Pats Cavan beat Dungannon in Dalton 15 21 to 1 4. Some scoreline.