Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Unless I'm being dim, not for the first time  :) I'm not sure tomorrow night's game at Anfield influences Utds or Chelsea for that matters prospects of top 4 greatly?

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on July 21, 2020, 01:30:18 PM
Quote from: Helix. on July 21, 2020, 12:38:23 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 21, 2020, 12:23:46 PM
With Liverpool being presented with the league trophy tonight, hopefully they'll be motivated enough to make sure they beat Chelsea before it and do United a favour.

It's tomorrow. You'd hope they'll want to keep unbeaten Anfield status in premier league for a bit longer. Hopefully united will bounce back from that shambles on Sunday.

NOt sure about that, the streak has to end sometime so in a match that does not matter in terms of league position and potentially hurts United sounds a reasonably good set of circumstances for me!  ;)

I think it would have been different if they had beat Burnley and were going for a perfect season at home but I think Chelsea will win this one/. Especially with no Henderson barking orders at everyone and keeping the tempo up.
Like I said on The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread European,World and Premier League Champions!! I hope Liverpool take it as seriously as Man United took the game against Man City at Old Trafford last season...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Only one game and that's beating West Ham, if they win by 3 the Vardy will have score a few goals to none for Leicester  to have a chance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2020, 01:59:02 PM
With Liverpool being presented with the league trophy tonight, hopefully they'll be motivated enough to make sure they beat Chelsea before it and do United a favour.

It's tomorrow. You'd hope they'll want to keep unbeaten Anfield status in premier league for a bit longer. Hopefully united will bounce back from that shambles on Sunday.

NOt sure about that, the streak has to end sometime so in a match that does not matter in terms of league position and potentially hurts United sounds a reasonably good set of circumstances for me!  ;)

I think it would have been different if they had beat Burnley and were going for a perfect season at home but I think Chelsea will win this one/. Especially with no Henderson barking orders at everyone and keeping the tempo up.
Like I said on The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread European,World and Premier League Champions!! I hope Liverpool take it as seriously as Man United took the game against Man City at Old Trafford last season...

I did see a great tweet during the week there, probably most have seen it as well.

£1m on a celebration podium and firework display yet Furloughed Betty from the canteen on £9.50 p/hr 20hrs a week.

Offended by everything ashamed of nothing.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on July 21, 2020, 02:06:26 PM

I did see a great tweet during the week there, probably most have seen it as well.

£1m on a celebration podium and firework display yet Furloughed Betty from the canteen on £9.50 p/hr 20hrs a week.

U OK hun?? XX
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2020, 02:09:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 21, 2020, 02:06:26 PM

U OK hun?? XX

Fine sweetie  ;)

Farrandeelin

Knocked out of Europe?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Joeythelips

I think Liverpool will want to win tonight and be up for it, they get the trophy after it and Salah needs one or 2 to stay in the hunt for the golden boot. Chelsea just had a big weekend Cup semi final so I would be shocked if they got 3 points here.

Cunny Funt

United took that game seriously last season they just so happened to get beaten by the best team in the league. Liverpool can't use the same excuse by losing to Chelsea.

@Boycey not really unless the objective is to finish the season in 3rd. It's a odd situation United find themselves in. Can draw the next two games (2 points) and that would mean 4th at least or get 3 points in the next two games and still finish 5th especially if the 3 points are against West ham.

Another situation could beat West Ham 5-3 (its possible as beat Bournemouth 5-2 recently) and lose 1-0 against Leicester then a champions league play off game will be required.

Farrandeelin

What happened this evening? Didn't see the game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2020, 08:59:43 PM
What happened this evening? Didn't see the game.

Lacklustre performance. They look leggy and tired. Point is all they deserved. If Liverpool hold on in the second half Utd end the day in third.

Cunny Funt

A draw Farrandeelin,  Silly two points dropped in no small part to Pogba giving away a stupid penalty on the stroke of half time. Greenwood probably Uniteds best player on the night with a good equaliser but after that goal Man United never looked like getting the win. United are currently 3rd in the table after that result with a game to play, for some context United are still 1 point off their worst ever Premier league points total and if that doesn't confirm how average this seasons league has been i don't know what does?

Most of United starters are running on empty at this stage and Ole doesn't seem to trust many of the bench options? Only 1 point required on Sunday to secure a CL spot but away to Leicester who had a week off will fancy their chances of winning and getting CL football themselves.

Boycey

Terrible terrible game, you could make a case that West Ham might have nicked it. Utd are labouring badly and have lost that zip of a month or so ago.

If I was Leicester I'd fancy my chances Sunday as although they are in absolutely pants form it's now down to a 'Cup Final' as such. One thing that will stand to Utd is that Leicester will have to play on the front foot and United are much better playing on the counter attack

Maroon Manc

United are so tired, thatsa th4th performance in a row that United have laboured for long periods of the game. In particular Fernandes and Rashford were very poor and Id imagine since we restarted they'd be 1 and 2 in terms of minutes played for any premier league player including FA Cup minutes. Looking back at the Villa & Bournemouth games when both games were won after an hour he left it too late to make changes. Are United players as fit as Liverpools yet? I doubt it.

If Ole had played his strongest team against Chelsea its fairly obvious they'd have been beaten.

Matic's form has dipped the last few weeks, he was appalling last night. Needlessly gave the ball away in the first on so many occasions and then in the 2nd he continued to do that combined with giving away stupid fouls. Fred has had a really good season and I'm really surprised he's been cast aside since the restart.

I'm very concerned for Sunday, Leicester have been poor for a long time but their home form has still been decent. They are missing 3 out of their first choice back 4 and even their second choice elft back is out but they've had a full week to prepare against a very tired team.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 23, 2020, 08:40:21 AM
United are so tired, thatsa th4th performance in a row that United have laboured for long periods of the game. In particular Fernandes and Rashford were very poor and Id imagine since we restarted they'd be 1 and 2 in terms of minutes played for any premier league player including FA Cup minutes. Looking back at the Villa & Bournemouth games when both games were won after an hour he left it too late to make changes. Are United players as fit as Liverpools yet? I doubt it.

If Ole had played his strongest team against Chelsea its fairly obvious they'd have been beaten.

Matic's form has dipped the last few weeks, he was appalling last night. Needlessly gave the ball away in the first on so many occasions and then in the 2nd he continued to do that combined with giving away stupid fouls. Fred has had a really good season and I'm really surprised he's been cast aside since the restart.

I'm very concerned for Sunday, Leicester have been poor for a long time but their home form has still been decent. They are missing 3 out of their first choice back 4 and even their second choice elft back is out but they've had a full week to prepare against a very tired team.

Definitely one to be concerned about on Sunday after the last two performances. There is no doubt about it they look jaded and physically drained.

Rashford has fallen through the floor in terms of performance level he can't even get his first touch sorted. He could have been hooked at HT.

Was TFM injured or was it just his performance he go subbed for? I know he isnt a natural right back and would prefer playing CB but he looked like someone who wants a move.

Hoping that we get something out of sunday and leicester probably not the worst team to be playing style wise, but there is alot of work to do with the squad yet I would say Ole is well aware of this.