2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Brilliant win, Quigley's return is a massive boost for us. Even without Begley, O'Loughlin and Benny Carroll we proved that we now have a strong panel that can come in and win a game of that ferocity which is something that we haven't had for a number of years now.
Carlow were very cynical and but for a very fussy referee the game could have turned very nasty. Stephen Poacher's influence on them was plain to be seen but even with that they didn't have the skillset to beat us, even when their survival in the division was the prize at stake. We now head to Div2 where we should improve even more so things are really looking up for these lads and I'm delighted for John Sugrue and his management team for what they have achieved.
I didn't see what Poacher did at the end of the game but there was a lot of verbal's between himself and the Laois crowd as he went down the tunnel at the end of the game. After all his carry ons during the year neither his home county, Down, nor his adopted county have achieved anything to shout about...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Blow-in

vetoldthe

Great to see Sugrue got the freetaking sorted out today,
9 from 9 [ I think ]  CONGRATULATION TO ALL.

Tony

I'm so proud of our county. Fantastic news!!!

Chrimtain

Great achievement to be promoted for two years in a row. I hope they avoid Westmeath in the final.

BallyroanAbu

on the hop

Quote from: Helix. on March 24, 2019, 05:13:44 PM
Great win. Absolutely fantastic to have Brendan Quigley back. Made the difference in midfield and the winnings of the game. Dug out the win. Plenty of roaring and balling from Carlow in the terrace. Decent crowd today hopefully good support for a final against Louth or Westmeath. Got a point that was about 2 yards wide in 2nd half. Great progress under Sugrue and hopefully more to come.Onwards and upwards.

It was hard listening to a few of them on the terrace. They really hate brody

Helix.

Quote from: on the hop on March 24, 2019, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Helix. on March 24, 2019, 05:13:44 PM
Great win. Absolutely fantastic to have Brendan Quigley back. Made the difference in midfield and the winnings of the game. Dug out the win. Plenty of roaring and balling from Carlow in the terrace. Decent crowd today hopefully good support for a final against Louth or Westmeath. Got a point that was about 2 yards wide in 2nd half. Great progress under Sugrue and hopefully more to come.Onwards and upwards.

It was hard listening to a few of them on the terrace. They really hate brody

Cheering at the end in the terrace for Sligo thinking they were staying up then realising Offaly pull it out of the fire.  8)
https://youtu.be/yHlfb5uy7kY

Jd

Is there no rules to keep poacher off the pitch. Carlow might as well have had 16 playing at times. Maybe send Piggot thundering into him "by accident " might soften his cough a bit. I'm so proud of our county tonight. Them boys never took a step back all day despite all the late cynical hits from Carlow players. Nothing to fear in div 2 next year either. And finally..... Brendan Quigley is a monster. !!!

High Fielder

I was thinking the same. He really got on my wick. I just hope he did what is being reported above. Just makes the win sweeter. By the way, was Sugrue having a sly dig in the post match interview by saying they were a "well coached side?". He couldn't have been serious surely?

I liked what we did today. We looked comfortable. I felt no matter what they did, we had it covered. Bearing in mind we were short three starters, I was very happy. Our play going forward was particularly pleasing. They are a better team than Offaly and Sligo so it's their own fault that they've dropped. I thought yer man going in on the pitch and setting them up like 7 year olds distracted them. Thanks Poacher

Giovanni

Along with the Down game, I thought that was the best we played this year. To be without the likes of JOL, Begley and Benny Carroll and not really notice is a testament to the job that John Sugrue and his team have done. The promotion has been a fantastic achievement but the way he's brought lads through is arguably even more important. HF has consistently said that Sugrue improves players that join the panel and that is absolutely true.

I was delighted to see Brendan Quigley back. I don't think there's a better sight in Gaelic football than to see him in full flow. Some of the fielding today was just ridiculous. A rare player.

Don't know much about Poacher but he did spit at Sugrue's back (after a fairly  aggressive handshake it must be said). To be honest, I think Carlow can probably do better for themselves than that lad. They have some good players and they might be better focusing on getting the best out of themselves rather than trying to drag teams down to some lowest common denominator.

Anyway, well done to all involved.

Chrimtain

Any news on the injuries to O'Loughlin, Begley and Carroll? Their availability for the league final is not crucial, but that they are fit for the championship is vital.

Nameless

Got to try out a number of players, got promoted, get a bonus match, play division 2 next year, been a very successful league. Great to see Quigley back, our spine is very strong now. The build up to the championship begins now but it'd be nice to pick up a trophy in two weeks.

Giovanni

By the way, I thought Pigott was excellent today at center back. He's growing into the position very well.