2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2019, 11:28:42 AM
He's a typical lad who doesn't pay attention when something is being explained, but then still reckons he's right, even though clearly he's not. Typical idiot, really.
Cheers Anthony. I must have missed the bit where they said that LX or WH would get home advantage should they be drawn out for the one fixture.
Also, there's a pre-existing home-away agreement between the two counties. Either we get home advantage or we do so for the next two championship games that we play against LX.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment,
Yours in the GAA,
LC

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2019, 12:46:26 PM
He's a typical lad who doesn't pay attention when something is being explained, but then still reckons he's right, even though clearly he's not. Typical idiot, really.
Cheers Anthony. I must have missed the bit where they said that LX or WH would get home advantage should they be drawn out for the one fixture.
Also, there's a pre-existing home-away agreement between the two counties. Either we get home advantage or we do so for the next two championship games that we play against LX.

Yours in the GAA,
LC
I am enjoying your seethe these past few weeks, please don't go. You're tremendous fun to laugh at.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 12:47:59 PM

Yours in the GAA,
LC
I am enjoying your seethe these past few weeks, please don't go. You're tremendous fun to laugh at.
Any time, you're welcome.
The funny thing is that I don't actually mind ye (LX). Can't stand WH or the rest of the counties that border us, save maybe Roscommon.

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2019, 12:56:33 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 12:47:59 PM

Yours in the GAA,
LC
Any time, you're welcome.
The funny thing is that I don't actually mind ye (LX). Can't stand WH or the rest of the counties that border us, save maybe Roscommon.
I've no real feelings for Offaly, they're too simple a folk to dislike.

Giovanni

Jesus! Seems to be a lot of anger here despite the good weekend we've just had!

The draw was confusing. They announced it as Offaly v Laois at one stage and then said it would be in Portlaoise. I'm sure it'll all become clearer later today.

Don Draper

GAA football qualifiers confirmed for next Saturday:

Kildare v Tyrone, St Conleth's Park, 5pm, (Sky Sports)
Westmeath v Clare, Cusack Park, 6pm
Laois v Offaly, O'Moore Park, 7pm
Mayo v Armagh, MacHale Park, 7pm, (Sky Sports)

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 01:13:05 PM

#tullamoreornowhere

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 01:13:05 PM

They got the two match-ups that Sky Sports wanted, The four top teams from the eight in the draw....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Butch Cassidy

Will Begley and Timmons be back? Offaly have been putting up big scores and will be confident of turning Laois over. We'll need to keep McNamee quiet and dominate around the middle to set up a platform for Kingston, Evan and Murphy.

Tony

That loose cannon lad is making some donkey out of himself. Calling me Anthony as if that's an insult. Jaysus, I'd say he's some laugh at parties. He's another lad who could do with some time away from the internet I'd say; participate in life a bit more. That kind of thing.

Back to common sense, I think Scully has to start on Saturday. From what I'm hearing, Begley will be ready to start but Timmons will not. However, judging by Sugrues past habits, he wont start Begley even if he's physically fit as he's not match sharp for 70 mins. I see Begley coming on at some point in the 70, but not for all. The subs changed things against Derry and we'll learn from that. But Scully would be one of the first names on my team sheet. So would Danny O' Reilly. The more pacey, creative and athletic players like that on the starting 15, the better.

And as for the mood in the county, it's great! There's a real buzz around, it's high summer and we could be heading for final round of qualifiers if all goes to plan. Expect a big crowd on Saturday. LAOIS ABU!!

ollie12

Also, there's a pre-existing home-away agreement between the two counties. Either we get home advantage or we do so for the next two championship games that we play against

The pre existing home-away agreement only happens in the leinster championship should both sides meet each other.  This agreement doesn't apply in the qualifier section.
Also it was clear as mud before the draw was made the rules for the draw. Laois were drawn out 6th vs westmeath. That tie wasn't allowed. Clare were then drawn out  7th and basically laois and Clare swapped places(as explained before the draw) and offaly drawn out last.

Chrimtain

This draw presents a great opportunity for either Laois or Offaly to reach the last twelve, and, once there, to perhaps get into the Super 8s. I hope to God it is Laois, but would never underestimate an Offaly team. Particularly since they made it very difficult for us to win in Tullamore in the League.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2019, 07:24:54 PM
That loose cannon lad is making some donkey out of himself. Calling me Anthony as if that's an insult. Jaysus, I'd say he's some laugh at parties. He's another lad who could do with some time away from the internet I'd say; participate in life a bit more. That kind of thing.
Thanks for the compliment. Could be an ass stuck in a boghole. Anthony wasn't meant to offend or insult, I was only trying to be polite. Thankfully I spend a lot of time away from the internet. Participate in life, jaysus. Work, coaching an underage team and a club development meeting today. Unfortunately I couldn't participate that much more today. Tomorrow's a new day. Here's to taking your advice.

Also, parties aren't really my scene, never were. Back when I played, to a pretty high level mind you, I abstained from alcohol and still do. I'd happily have a 7Up instead of making a tit out of myself thanks.

I don't think that I'll be taking much advice from you anyway.

I'll happily take the title of donkey if it boosts your self esteem.

Heshs Umpire

Great draw for both counties. No big travel time. Local derby should generate plenty of interest. Avoided the bigger guns and both will think they can win this.
I hope we can do it but they obviously have some really good forwards in Allen and McNamee. Cunningham is playing very well too apparently. Good keeper in Dunican.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore