2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeythelips

Great Draw in general, 4 really evenly balanced games where its hard to call a winner.
Mayo v Armagh should be a cracking game, I have watched all Armaghs Ulster games on TV and they are a side going places (in fact they are one of the few sides who could cause Dublin some problems). They have a nice blend of youth and experience and create a hell of lot of scoring chances but are a small bit naive and take the wrong options at times which was their downfall against Cavan. They will really put it up to Mayo and would be a dangerous team in the Super 8s.
It's the best draw Laois could have got, but then again Im sure Offaly would have thought the same, both sides have shaken off the provincial defeats and nothing like local rivalry to sharpen the focus.

Giovanni

Definitely not to be taken lightly. Is it definitely in Portlaoise?

LooseCannon

"Offaly played Leix in Portleix in 2006 in a Round 4 qualifier on foot of a home and away agreement. Surely it comes to Tullamore this time?
#TullamoreOrNowhere"
Courtesy of BordnaMónaMan.
He's dead right too. 'Twill be interesting anyway.

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2019, 10:20:01 AM
"Offaly played Leix in Portleix in 2006 in a Round 4 qualifier on foot of a home and away agreement. Surely it comes to Tullamore this time?
#TullamoreOrNowhere"
It won't. Laois are at home.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 10:22:25 AM
#TullamoreOrNowhere"
I've read that as well, and it's the only viable option regardless due to the Celtic Challenge finals being played in OCP. But Leix were pulled out second. Did they even have a provision for that?

Tony

Laois were pulled out first. Stop spreading misinformation. Westmeath vs Laois was lined up but we've played already, so it meant Laois got the home draw in game number 4. offaly were drawn last. If you don't know what you're talking about, then stop talking lad.

SCFC

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2019, 10:27:57 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 24, 2019, 10:22:25 AM
#TullamoreOrNowhere"
I've read that as well, and it's the only viable option regardless due to the Celtic Challenge finals being played in OCP. But Leix were pulled out second. Did they even have a provision for that?
Laois were pulled out first.

And you can go f**k yourself with your Leix bollocksology you shitehawk.

LooseCannon

Quote from: SCFC on June 24, 2019, 10:53:08 AM
Leix were pulled out second.
No they weren't.
They were pulled out after Westmeath. Offaly were pulled out after Leix but ye were still the second team to be pulled out on that fixture.
One of the other teams should have been pulled out to see who played WH, then LS put back in and whoever was pulled out first had home advantage. It's not particularly fair that LS get home advantage on the back of what happened in the draw.
That being said, we've had two home games, we're due an away one.
LS were pulled out after WH, that is my point.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 24, 2019, 11:15:23 AM
Quote from: SCFC on June 24, 2019, 10:53:08 AM
Leix were pulled out second.
No they weren't.
They were pulled out after Westmeath. Offaly were pulled out after Leix but ye were still the second team to be pulled out on that fixture.
One of the other teams should have been pulled out to see who played WH, then LS put back in and whoever was pulled out first had home advantage. It's not particularly fair that LS get home advantage on the back of what happened in the draw.
That being said, we've had two home games, we're due an away one.
LS were pulled out after WH, that is my point.

It was clear as day before the draw what would happen in such a scenario- now come down and take your beating and let that be the end of it.

Tony

He's a typical lad who doesn't pay attention when something is being explained, but then still reckons he's right, even though clearly he's not. Typical idiot, really.

vetoldthe

I heard John Maughan say yesterday on local radio that they set
a target of 3 goals against Sligo which they got, I'm sure he is
thinking the same way against us this saturday.

Don Draper

Quote from: vetoldthe on June 24, 2019, 11:35:11 AM
I heard John Maughan say yesterday on local radio that they set
a target of 3 goals against Sligo which they got, I'm sure he is
thinking the same way against us this saturday.
Bring it on.

GAA-SMART

Reality is the game will probably be tight enough for a while but Laois are further down the road development wise with Sugrue- Offaly can be happy with their season under Maughan but it will end this weekend baring a severe under performance from Laois and unless we in Laois can insert that mentaility into ourselves we will struggle unnecessarily against the like of Offaly. If this was Derry V Offaly no one would say Offaly will win this.

Countyminor

Offaly are decent enough. Kept finding themselves in great positions in the league and vs Meath before more often than not shitting the bed completely. Confidence or a lack thereof likely the culprit. But to their credit they've come on this past few weeks. This is a great tie for both sides, we've waited too long for a Laois Offaly game in championship football.