Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Hmmm. Tough one this. To be fair, you rarely get buck ugly weather girls or news presenters.

Stand up for buck ugly women I say.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2014, 05:27:06 PM
Hmmm. Tough one this. To be fair, you rarely get buck ugly weather girls or news presenters.

Brian Moore is rarely on camera. Legendary players like the Claw and Gaillimh don't present TV programmes either. 'A face for radio' applies to men too.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Good man O'Neill always sticking up for Tyrone ;)

armaghniac

There is some evidence that the RTÉ presenters are not Wise.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2014, 05:43:21 PM

Brian Moore is rarely on camera. Legendary players like the Claw and Gaillimh don't present TV programmes either. 'A face for radio' applies to men too.

How does Marty circumvent this unwritten rule then?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Old yeller

Get over it ffs! Joe made a joke in bad taste, big wow. A bit of cop on would do no harm

Wildweasel74

Doesnt sound as if she know much about gaelic football to be honest, surely she would have been suited for a job at the BBC with Sidebottom who seems to know very little about gaelic in my opinion, so she wouldnt been put of her depth.

We getting more and more like the NFL all the time, pitchside in the states always has female anyalsts  to update on team changes, pitch side talk etc, I hardly watch the Gaelic on sky and with sidebottom f**king up bbc presentation, it looks like i am stuck with RTE.

Gabriel_Hurl

Did you type that on your phone?

Wildweasel74

that i did! quick revision there,

easytiger95

in the history of gaa tv coverage, the most knowledgeable presenter was Pat Spillane - and look how that turned out. Perhaps we should all be grateful, that as an experienced tv presenter and journalist, that Rachel Wyse will at least be able to ask a question and read an autocue.

And as for Cliona Foley, like a lot of journalists, her focus is on her day job, not Tv. To suggest her not appearing on TV more is some sexist conspiracy is actually fairly reductive of her very successful career as a sports writer, and in itself, sexist. Not every woman is dying to be on TV.
You can have a sense of humour and still call out Joe for a horribly misjudged and sexist comment. He should know better. We all should.

heffo

Quote from: Old yeller on May 21, 2014, 06:40:50 PM
Get over it ffs! Joe made a joke in bad taste, big wow. A bit of cop on would do no harm

This has been going on from him for a several weeks now - he also had to apologise over his 'Animal farm' comments and deleted those tweets too.

We get he's against the Sky deal. He doesn't have to go on and on about it until we're all bored to tears.

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 21, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2014, 05:43:21 PM

How does Marty circumvent this unwritten rule then?

Beats me.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Random fact Cliona Foley is married to former Kerry footballer Dermot Hanafin. We have too much Kerry bias as it is.
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 21, 2014, 07:43:11 PMAnd as for Cliona Foley, like a lot of journalists, her focus is on her day job, not Tv. To suggest her not appearing on TV more is some sexist conspiracy is actually fairly reductive of her very successful career as a sports writer, and in itself, sexist. Not every woman is dying to be on TV.
You can have a sense of humour and still call out Joe for a horribly misjudged and sexist comment. He should know better. We all should.

I have no idea how or where you came to this conclusion ET.

What were the "Animal Farm" comments heffo?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

easytiger95

Croi the inference I was taking from your comments re Cliona Foley was that the reason she is never on TV is because she might not be considered as attractive as Rachel Wyse. If I was wrong to take it as that, I apologise, but I wasn't the only one to read your post that way. On the mobile so I can't do the whole quote thing. Not important anyway, brolly's comments are the thing. btw his apology was absolutely pathetic - I think he has really damaged his credibility - wouldn't be surprised if he had to sit out a few Sundays.