Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

oakleaflad

Tyrone again in the semi final on Sunday. Suppose it gives them another game to bring in some of the squad or boys who we're with the universities before the league.

tbrick18

Anyone got the team from tonight?

markl121

Good performance, but uu were awful especially in that first half. I thought mckaigue and mcfaul were good in the midfield. We saw some decent kick outs and some strategy but a lot of them took too long which will probably be punished by the better teams, hopefully it will come with practice. Emmet was excellent.

Mountain Gael

Another decent performance but we should not read to much into tonights game as Jordanstown were terrible.Another game against tyrone which will give playing time to university players and get ready for the league.

oakleaflad

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 09, 2019, 11:11:59 PM
Anyone got the team from tonight?
Derry: Mallon, Concannon, Mulholland, Quinn, Dougan (0-3), McGill, Rocks, C McKaigue, McFaul (0-3), McAtamney (0-2), Bradley (1-6, 3f), Coney, Cassidy (0-1), Lynn (0-5, 1f), Hughes.

Subs: Mark McGrogan for E Bradley (43), Paudie McGrogan for J Rocks (50), Sean McKeever for Eamon McGill (52), M Bradley for D Hughes (58).

JoG2

Another win and game time for those getting up to speed. Must say the players look very well conditioned.

restorepride

A canter v UU "B" team.  Conditioning will be truly tested in the Ulster Championship.

people1st

Hi Everyone,

I am posting in the hope you may be able to repost/share/distribute the flyer on the link below with any clubs.
The flyer details of employment/apprenticeship opportunities in the derry/dungiven area. Ideal for a young person looking to gain employment & experience and a free Level 2 qualification in construction.
Please contact if you need any other information, thanks. s.larkin@people-1st.co.uk.
Link for Construction flyer; https://www.facebook.com/daniel.carlin.792/posts/2140099752714862
https://www.facebook.com/people1stNI/posts/2090101244381094

tonesfirstandlast

Congratulations to two of our greatest Stalwarts, Chris Brown and Laurence Diamond who were added to the Gaelic Life's Hall of Fame last night. Two men who have worked diligently for the club over five decades at all levels but never sought any credit.

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on January 12, 2019, 02:26:12 PM
Congratulations to two of our greatest Stalwarts, Chris Brown and Laurence Diamond who were added to the Gaelic Life's Hall of Fame last night. Two men who have worked diligently for the club over five decades at all levels but never sought any credit.
Very true.

BackInTheGame

Plenty of positives to take from that performance I think. The full back line was really solid, that's obviously without Rogers too.

I'm not a fan of either the fist pass rule or the mark, it has to be said.

markl121

Didn't get to today's game. I see sammy scored a few frees again would like to see him start in the league. What were the kickouts like? Was there a strategy against a better team?

BackInTheGame

Quote from: markl121 on January 13, 2019, 06:18:44 PM
Didn't get to today's game. I see sammy scored a few frees again would like to see him start in the league. What were the kickouts like? Was there a strategy against a better team?
I don't really have any memories of the kickouts - they weren't amazing but they weren't bad either. With Cassidy and Dougan playing as wing half forwards, they give us a good option. But Tyrone are physically a fair bit bigger than us and we didn't really have a chance to exploit any advantage that those two will give us against shorter half backs.

I'm hoping Odhran Lynch will be the starting goalkeeper in a fortnight's time. Mallon is a pretty good keeper but I just think he's bit too small for this level. There was one point in the second half where he got a fist to the ball to help it over the bar - I think Lynch makes a good effort at catching that. And his kickouts are longer.

Derry Optimist

After Derry's much improved displays this season there should be some very healthy competition for places for the opening league match against Antrim.It is important, however, for management to always put out a very strong side in each of the league games as we can not afford any slip ups. I would expect that the u20 players would not be considered for the League  games except in an emergency situation.Assuming that Brendan Rogers,Paul McNeill and Ryan Bell will not be fully fit, I would suggest the following team to be picked against the Glensmen.
                                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                                  C Mulholland                        K McKaigue
M McEvoy                                   C McKaigue                          E McGill
                                  C McAtamney            C McFaul
P Coney                                     C Bradley                            P Cassidy
E Lynn                                        E Bradley                            S McGuigan
Subs
T Mallon
E Concannon
S Quinn
R Dougan
G McKinless
J Rocks
D Hughes
T O'Brien
J Doherty
N Toner

braveheart

Quote from: Derry Optimist on January 14, 2019, 08:15:03 PM
After Derry's much improved displays this season there should be some very healthy competition for places for the opening league match against Antrim.It is important, however, for management to always put out a very strong side in each of the league games as we can not afford any slip ups. I would expect that the u20 players would not be considered for the League  games except in an emergency situation.Assuming that Brendan Rogers,Paul McNeill and Ryan Bell will not be fully fit, I would suggest the following team to be picked against the Glensmen.
                                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                                  C Mulholland                        K McKaigue
M McEvoy                                   C McKaigue                          E McGill
                                  C McAtamney            C McFaul
P Coney                                     C Bradley                            P Cassidy
E Lynn                                        E Bradley                            S McGuigan
Subs
T Mallon
E Concannon
S Quinn
R Dougan
G McKinless
J Rocks
D Hughes
T O'Brien
J Doherty
N Toner
A much better effort than usual Optimist. But still at least 4 wrong.