Katy French

Started by An Fear Rua, December 04, 2007, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2007, 12:06:04 AM
This thread seems to be about a beautiful girl, the Sindo and TV3.

One of them is dead. I would have preferred to see the demise of two of them and it wouldn't have included the girl.

May she rest in peace and my deepest sympathies to a family who have just wandered into a nightmare. Prepare for weeks of media handwringing.
Well Muppet, the other might just be in serious trouble as a result of this:

read the last 2 pages of this thread:

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=29276&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=192

An Gaeilgoir

Lisa Hand in the Indo comparing Katy French's death to the murder of Veronica Guerin, A full page on the messages of sympathy left on Katy's bebo page from no marks around the country. I listened to that gombeen Healy-Rea on the radio comparing Katy's death to Lady Dianas death and that Ireland will now suffer the same depth of despair as England did during Dianas death. Its funny how there wasnt as much coverage about the young lad who died in Waterford doing the same thing. If these "Celebrity Pr**ks and their journalist pals" coverage keep up their coverage, Bertie will have to have a national day of mourning for this poor girl. Shame on these so called journalists and so called newspapers..they are a disgrace to their profession!!!

J70

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on December 08, 2007, 03:30:15 PM
Lisa Hand in the Indo comparing Katy French's death to the murder of Veronica Guerin, A full page on the messages of sympathy left on Katy's bebo page from no marks around the country. I listened to that gombeen Healy-Rea on the radio comparing Katy's death to Lady Dianas death and that Ireland will now suffer the same depth of despair as England did during Dianas death. Its funny how there wasnt as much coverage about the young lad who died in Waterford doing the same thing. If these "Celebrity Pr**ks and their journalist pals" coverage keep up their coverage, Bertie will have to have a national day of mourning for this poor girl. Shame on these so called journalists and so called newspapers..they are a disgrace to their profession!!!

Lady Di?!! I never heard of the woman before this thread was started! And how can someone at Guerin's own paper put the death of this woman (caused by cocaine) on a par with a brave journalist being murdered by the criminals she was exposing?

Bogball XV

Seems like the lads at politics.ie have removed the thread, apparently tomorrow's Mail on Sunday will have quite a bit of information on the people partying with Kay last Saturday night, and the thread named a 2 'top' journo's from one of the Sunday Newspapers, an irish model and a nightclub owner.  It will be interesting, hypocrisy always is.

MayoMan

Anyone see the documentary tonight, eery when she said its not like I'm some sort of a heroin addict,
Poor girl, she was a fine bit of stuff...

thejuice

If she was over-weight and unattractive would anyone outside her family and friends give a f**k, I never heard of her till she died and I dont see the fuss being made other than to serve as a warning to others that taking drugs is stupid and dangerous!

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rosnarun

Quote from: thejuice on March 25, 2008, 09:54:39 PM
If she was over-weight and unattractive would anyone outside her family and friends give a f**k, I never heard of her till she died and I dont see the fuss being made other than to serve as a warning to others that taking drugs is stupid and dangerous!

you could say the same about JFK  MLK george best or 99% of dead celebs so whats your point
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thejuice

Quote from: rosnarun on March 25, 2008, 11:12:01 PM
you could say the same about JFK  MLK george best or 99% of dead celebs so whats your point

Quote from: thejuice on March 25, 2008, 09:54:39 PM
taking drugs is stupid and dangerous!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quotetaking drugs is stupid and dangerous!

And I think what happened to Katy French has highlighted and underscored that. Its no reason to be unsympathetic nor is the fact that she was good looking and famous. I think the whole thing just goes to show how rampant the drug problem in this country is. Its not just your streotypical down and outs - its every level of society including successful people with seemingly the world at their feet.

Bogball XV

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 26, 2008, 09:20:04 AM
Quotetaking drugs is stupid and dangerous!

And I think what happened to Katy French has highlighted and underscored that. Its no reason to be unsympathetic nor is the fact that she was good looking and famous. I think the whole thing just goes to show how rampant the drug problem in this country is. Its not just your streotypical down and outs - its every level of society including successful people with seemingly the world at their feet.
If it's so rampant perhaps prescribed usage and education for users is the way forward - the present approach is a total disaster that gives rise to a myriad of other problems, notably gun crime, petty crime.
I wonder how rampant it is amongst board users - sounds like a possible poll to me.

Uladh

Its a sad but at this stage mundane commentary on society that the death of a model from an overdose is far more important to us (society) than the equal tragedy of the many who die similarly every month in impoverished situations they have much less control over.

armaghniac

Sad, but inevitable. Apart from anything else it is all the more inexplicable why a person with many opportunities in life would pump herself full of this stuff, someone in an impoverished situation has more to escape from.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

Of course its sad when someone dies but i wouldnt mourn for her,she had every opportunity open to her but chose to go down he road of hard drugs,you pay your money and take your chances . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"